C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Update for Canadians with MB-Tex seat issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 11:10 AM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
Update for Canadians with MB-Tex seat issues

I just got a call from the service manager at my dealership and he said the latest communication from MB is that a mass shipment of replacement parts for seats will be arriving in two weeks including the passenger seat bottom parts. They are getting the tooling to reset the sensors for the air bags so I'm guessing it's not an entire seat bottom replacement that is required to get around the air bag issue.

I have the highest regard for the service department at Oakville Mercedes Benz after this call as they even offered without being asked to deliver a loaner car immediately while I'm waiting for the parts to arrive.

Bottom line is for Canadians, we are getting the passenger seat remedy at the same time as the rest of the seat kits arrive.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B200T
Originally Posted by cidtek
I just got a call from the service manager at my dealership and he said the latest communication from MB is that a mass shipment of replacement parts for seats will be arriving in two weeks including the passenger seat bottom parts. They are getting the tooling to reset the sensors for the air bags so I'm guessing it's not an entire seat bottom replacement that is required to get around the air bag issue.

I have the highest regard for the service department at Oakville Mercedes Benz after this call as they even offered without being asked to deliver a loaner car immediately while I'm waiting for the parts to arrive.

Bottom line is for Canadians, we are getting the passenger seat remedy at the same time as the rest of the seat kits arrive.
They delivered the loaner vehicle all the way to Waterloo? Nice!

Someone on the other forums in the States mentioned that MB always drops a loaner off and picks up their car when it's time for a service...I wonder if Oakville MB are like that too, then. Could you ask when you see them next, please?
Old 01-22-2015, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by mihaelb

Someone on the other forums in the States mentioned that MB always drops a loaner off and picks up their car when it's time for a service...I wonder if Oakville MB are like that too, then. Could you ask when you see them next, please?
It's called "valet service" and is up to the individual dealer. I know some MB dealers do not do this, so I don't think it's company policy.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:33 AM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
Originally Posted by mihaelb

Actually I tuned down the offer to have the loaner immediately and said I'll take it when the parts are in. And yes they offered to come to Waterloo and pick up my car.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 MercedesAMG C63S
I don't know, my dealer said that they do that as well...I have also heard that most of the dealerships in the GTA are corporate store, mine is a franchise. Not sure if that has something to with it. I didn't even know there were corporate stores.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B200T
Originally Posted by vsnlweb
I don't know, my dealer said that they do that as well...I have also heard that most of the dealerships in the GTA are corporate store, mine is a franchise. Not sure if that has something to with it. I didn't even know there were corporate stores.
Yeah, all the ones near the core are corporate. Only once you get outside Toronto some begin to be franchises.

https://www.mbtoronto.ca/en-CA/Home/# look at the bottom right square.