C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

How to custom order W205

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrysler300
How to custom order W205

Hello, can someone provide an overview of the ordering process:

Did you agree on a purchase price upfront?
Is a down payment required?
Any paper work to sign?
I assume the purchase is not final until you take delivery.

Several threads indicate build time is approx 4 months

Thanks for your input.

Dan
Old 01-23-2015, 02:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by Daniel2311
Hello, can someone provide an overview of the ordering process:

Did you agree on a purchase price upfront?
Is a down payment required?
Any paper work to sign?
I assume the purchase is not final until you take delivery.

Several threads indicate build time is approx 4 months

Thanks for your input.

Dan

Best to negotiate up front, they will likely require a deposit, which depending on your state and IF they and you do a contract, may or may not be refundable. Depends on the dealers allocation, and which they can change for you for build delay time. There's no real preference given to sold units. Some builds/options (such as Luxury pkg) have longer wait. 2-4 months a good guesstimate. Longer not out of question if adamant on specific options.

Last edited by floridadriver; 01-23-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:46 PM

Chrysler300
Thanks Floridadriver, so I assume if there are any manufacture incentives at the time you take delivery, you would be eligible for them.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:07 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
first: go to the website and choose a car you like, then configure it with the options and extra that you like, send it to the dealer, then go and finalize the order......wait....

simple
Old 01-23-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Corvette/2017 E-300
I negotiated "after" delivery...I did not want to commit myself to something I haven't driven much less seen (in person). I would agree that when you negotiate up front you may be subjected to a non-refundable deposit. In my case waiting until delivery put me in a better position to negotiate 'cause now they have a car built to my specs...but more importantly it allowed me to see what discounts others were getting. When I ordered the car it hadn't been released yet so no car to see or test drive...you have a distinct in advantage in that regards...which may give you a greater comfort level if you want to negotiate "before" you actually see/get the car...good luck with whatever you choose to do..
Old 01-23-2015, 03:14 PM

Chrysler300
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
E300
Ordered today

I ordered today. Awaiting to hear the build slot although my SA looked through and it seemed there were spots in Feb. Negotiating after it arrives on price and I ordered RWD.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:33 PM
pek

c300
I had to put down a deposit when I ordered last Oct for mfr end of Feb c300, but my salesman told me I still qualify for any incentives active when I eventually get delivery. You don't HAVE to take delivery with no actual sales contract. You can have any MBUSA, USAA, Consumer Reports or other discounts (wonder if I can get multiples?) applied when you actually sign on the dotted line.

pek
Old 01-23-2015, 06:17 PM

Chrysler300
Good information everyone, keep it coming!
Old 01-23-2015, 06:18 PM

Chrysler300
When is the annual MB winter event sale, Nov & Dec, Dec only?
Old 01-23-2015, 09:05 PM

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
How to custom order W205

I just ordered my C300 today. I had to make a deposit because I had a very specific configuration. Palladium Silver with Beige MB-Tex. Lightning Package, Multimedia Package, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Parktronic with Active Parking Assist, Panorama Sunroof, Heads-up Display, Burl Walnut Wood and Heated front seats. I was told I should have it end of April 1st week of May. I also negotiated the price and terms upfront however the lease terms are subject to change if things change before I take delivery. Unfortunately this is the way it is with MB. I also had to complete a credit application
Old 01-23-2015, 09:15 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by pek
I had to put down a deposit when I ordered last Oct for mfr end of Feb c300, but my salesman told me I still qualify for any incentives active when I eventually get delivery. You don't HAVE to take delivery with no actual sales contract. You can have any MBUSA, USAA, Consumer Reports or other discounts (wonder if I can get multiples?) applied when you actually sign on the dotted line.

pek

I have a problem with this approach, first you don't know exactly what incentives are available when the car arrived and how much they actual worth; two, waiting four months for a car, the dealer knows that you really want to drive the car home that day and stepping away may not be easy for the buyer. One dealer told me the same thing (finalize the price after the car arrived) but I went with another dealer because they gave me my final price before I put down my deposit (about 12.5% off MSRP).

It is best to negotiate up front below putting down a deposit because you have better leverage. My $0.02.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:38 PM

W205
Originally Posted by kingscorpian27
I just ordered my C300 today. I had to make a deposit because I had a very specific configuration. Palladium Silver with Beige MB-Tex. Lightning Package, Multimedia Package, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Parktronic with Active Parking Assist, Panorama Sunroof, Heads-up Display, Burl Walnut Wood and Heated front seats. I was told I should have it end of April 1st week of May. I also negotiated the price and terms upfront however the lease terms are subject to change if things change before I take delivery. Unfortunately this is the way it is with MB. I also had to complete a credit application

Just picked up my car with almost the same build except for polar white and no Parktronic with Active Parking Assist. Love the HUD and Drive Assistance Package but they are the cause for the long delivery schedule. However, you will love your C300 and it's worth the wait.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:42 PM
pek

c300
Originally Posted by miketc
I have a problem with this approach, first you don't know exactly what incentives are available when the car arrived and how much they actual worth; two, waiting four months for a car, the dealer knows that you really want to drive the car home that day and stepping away may not be easy for the buyer. One dealer told me the same thing (finalize the price after the car arrived) but I went with another dealer because they gave me my final price before I put down my deposit (about 12.5% off MSRP).

It is best to negotiate up front below putting down a deposit because you have better leverage. My $0.02.

I can wait, no problem for me, that's why I ordered specifically what I wanted (well, what the options list would allow me to order together, anyway). And the $500 up-front can be tossed if what comes out at delivery time isn't a good enough deal. I signed for the specific car order, did not sign a sales agreement. 2 dealers in my area or within 250-odd miles, both owned by the same family, so no price shopping here. M-B's sell very well here, can't swing a cat without hitting one (or a Bimmer, either), so any deal is going to have to come from outside the dealer, it's a seller's market here.

pek
Old 01-23-2015, 10:01 PM

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
Originally Posted by miketc
Just picked up my car with almost the same build except for polar white and no Parktronic with Active Parking Assist. Love the HUD and Drive Assistance Package but they are the cause for the long delivery schedule. However, you will love your C300 and it's worth the wait.
I didn't see the sense of getting a MB without certain options. I started to get the 18" twin 5-spoke wheels but remember that these are run flat tires and the cannot be repaired they have to be replaced. I do like them better but you also sacrifice 20% ride quality and the risk of damaging the rims and tires easier. They would also be more expensive to replace. I have had a couple MB's before but my last MB was the 2001 G 500 so I am very excited about getting my C300
Old 01-23-2015, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ferrari, Lexus, Toyota
If you don't put deposit down, it's not yours. Plus, they see the grin on your face when it's on the lot exactly to your preference ready to drive home, you probably want it as much as they want to sell it. Negotiate early, and prepare for a wait. Good luck!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:21 PM

W205
Originally Posted by HelenR
If you don't put deposit down, it's not yours. Plus, they see the grin on your face when it's on the lot exactly to your preference ready to drive home, you probably want it as much as they want to sell it. Negotiate early, and prepare for a wait. Good luck!
The dealer will not custom order one with complex options without a deposit unless it's easy to sell to others. At least that's what all five dealers said to me when I was looking for a custom order.