C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

The W205 from a BMW owners perspective.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 08:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by Sportstick
I'm not sure if you mean I'm not the target because BMW has softened up to be more Benz-like, or if that's a sly reference to my advancing age!
I have no idea how old you are, so it was more about BMW's becoming softer. And b/c you like using a manual transmission. My impression (from U.S. car mags) is that BMW offers a few manual transmissions to satisfy a curious American affectation.

I do think MB has found it's way again w/ the current S-Class and C-Class. After 20 yrs of chasing Lexus prices and BMW sportiness (and failing badly at both), it's decided to make expensive, well-engineered cars again (CLA/GLA notwithstanding).

I'm confused about BMW's getting softer, however. While I found the ride quality of the last-gen Sports-packaged 335i to be completely unacceptable, it seems that most people loved it (or the looks, at least). Wasn't the 3-series the top seller in its segment? Can't imagine why BMW felt the need to change the soul of the car so much. Or, at least, so I hear, since I haven't driven the new one. ::shrug:: I agree w/ the poster who said that BMWs prob reached their zenith in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

As for me, I'm not due for a new car for another 3 yrs or so. And, in all seriousness, I think I've found the spirit of the 1980's MBs I so loved in... a Golf Sportwagen (the regular Golf's a wee bit too small, for my tastes)?!?!?! Strange, but true. The structure of the MQB is AMAZING. Very Mercedes-like....
Old 08-17-2015, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250(W205)
Originally Posted by puzzled
I have been with MB a long time but I appreciate hearing the perspective coming from another brand.

The one thing MB did on the W205 is to add a sunglass holder. I had wanted that for years but MB would never do it. I no longer need a sunglass holder as I now wear Rx glasses .

There is a MB way of doing things and I guess I have gotten used to it. With my W205 the learning curve was with multimedia controls (very different from my 2012 E350) and Distronic.
Thanks I appreciate it. Also yes I like the sunglasses holder, but my Ray Bans don't fit properly in there. The holder doesn't close with the glasses in there😟