C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Price/negotiation help for 2015 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Honda Accord LX
I have been so extremely busy with work havent had a chance to pursue my c300, hopefully giving the dealers until the end of the month will get a couple bucks off.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:19 AM

2012 ML350
Here'a my experience

I just bought a C300 in S. FL this week, modestly speced (linden, premium, blind side assist, rear camera, 18" wheels). I was working with 3 dealers- Ft. Myers, Sarasota, and Tampa. I entered the details of the car I wanted using TrueCar.com and got offers from Sarasota and Ft. Myers. Ft Myers offered me $2600 more than Sarasota off MSRP ($6600 vs. 4000). MB of Tampa is not part of TrueCare (AFAIK) but I signed up on-line with them for a $25 test drive Visa card (why not, right?). Tampa was very aggressive in going after my business, but in a respectful way. I got 3 calls and 3 emails in a few days. When they understood I was ready to buy they gave me the best deal of all- $8k or 17.5% off MSRP. The parts department also discounted the Garmin SD 12%.

As someone else mentioned- FL dealers charge crazy doc prep charges. I was quoted $700, $800, and $699, non-negotiable. That's about $400 more than 'normal', or at least what I've experienced up north, so it must be profit.

When I picked up the car, i was amazed at MB of Tampa's operation- the most customer-focused car dealership I've ever seen in 30 years of car buying. I mentioned I would be servicing my new car in Sarasota because Tampa was an hour away, and they said they would come get the car and drop it off when done.

PM me and I'll give the some contacts at MB of Tampa.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:59 AM

2012 ML350
Here'a my experience buying an MB is on the sun coast

I just bought a C300 in S. FL this week, modestly speced (linden, premium, blind side assist, rear camera, 18" wheels). I was working with 3 dealers- Ft. Myers, Sarasota, and Tampa. I entered the details of the car I wanted using TrueCar.com and got offers from Sarasota and Ft. Myers. Ft Myers offered me $2600 more than Sarasota off MSRP ($6600 vs. 4000). MB of Tampa is not part of TrueCare (AFAIK) but I signed up on-line with them for a $25 test drive Visa card (why not, right?). Tampa was very aggressive in going after my business, but in a respectful way. I got 3 calls and 3 emails in a few days. When they understood I was ready to buy they gave me the best deal of all- $8k or 17.5% off MSRP. The parts department also discounted the Garmin SD 12%.

As someone else mentioned- FL dealers charge crazy doc prep charges. I was quoted $700, $800, and $699, non-negotiable. That's about $400 more than 'normal', or at least what I've experienced up north, so it must be profit.

When I picked up the car, i was amazed at MB of Tampa's operation- the most customer-focused car dealership I've ever seen in 30 years of car buying. I mentioned I would be servicing my new car in Sarasota because Tampa was an hour away, and they said they would come get the car and drop it off when done.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:03 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 C300, 2015 F-350 Platinum, 1969 Mach 1 428cj, 2007 Roadking
Originally Posted by FLC300

That's pretty much standard for MB around here. When you see their service prices you'll know why. Min. wage guy picks up and delivers. Don't get me wrong, it's convenient but they are not losing money with this service. When we bought our car it wasn't in yet, still on the dock, free loaner and they delivered to the house on a weekend.