C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Leave Your Distronic Graphic on Your Display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 11:30 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
Leave Your Distronic Graphic on Your Display

As much as I love the Distronic on my C, one must be very cautiousin using this great app. I leave my Distronic graphic on the display while using this feature because as I had found in separate instants that it did not detect a stationary object like a car stopped for traffic when you approach it. Most of the times it works but it only takes one time to rear-end somebody. You must make sure it detected the objects on your display so leave your Distronic graphic on and monitor itfor safety.

Last edited by miketc; 02-12-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:26 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
Comments anyone?
Old 02-13-2015, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
No technology is perfect, for that reason I didn't buy any of the driver aids for my s205 as I'm just as likely to make the mistake as the car and I'll save 1500GBP in the process. My other half is already concerned about the collision assist (the basic one that comes with every model) worrying that a floating carrier bag could well mean the car slams on and causes a crash, doing more harm than good.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by miketc
As much as I love the Distronic on my C, one must be very cautiousin using this great app. I leave my Distronic graphic on the display while using this feature because as I had found in separate instants that it did not detect a stationary object like a car stopped for traffic when you approach it. Most of the times it works but it only takes one time to rear-end somebody. You must make sure it detected the objects on your display so leave your Distronic graphic on and monitor itfor safety.
Good tip Mike for a good option on the car. Well worth the cost for my driving. In that screen it shows very early when it senses a vehicle (or not). BAS running independently with this package in background al the time too may kick in if close, all meant to 'assist'. The system works amazingly well most all of the time....as do human drivers. Neither perfect. Using the assistance with viligence as it was designed yields easier drive and enhanced safety. No, these systems aren't to the point you can send the car out for coffee on its own while you sit in the back seat reading your iPad on the cars wifi.