C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

One MBrace feature that works very well ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
One MBrace feature that works very well ...

I was in a restaurant with my wife earlier today when I realized I had forgotten to lock the car. My wife said I'd better go out and lock it, since we had just been shopping and the car was full of packages.

I remembered I had the MBrace app installed on my iPhone. I opened the app, saw the image of the remote and pressed the LOCK button. A few seconds later I got a confirmation message. When I got back to the car, it was locked. When in the car, I was greeted with a "Car Locked Remotely" message on the display. Very useful, and it worked perfectly.

Still have never been able to use the Locate function ... that always just times out. The app obviously can find the car, so I have no idea why the Locate function never works.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 C300
I installed the MBrace app last weekend and played with locking and unlocking the doors while watching the car from a restaurant window. I was going to locate it but for some reason I expected that locating it would activate the lights or horn and I didn't want to disturb anyone. Just tried locating it upon reading your post. It took a couple of minutes and it brought up a map on my phone with my location and the cars location with dots indicating each. I am at home and the car is in the attached garage so the dots are pretty close. Not what I expected but useful.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:51 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
The MBrace app works way better than Lexus Enform. Locking the car (or just confirming the car is actually locked) is easy and swift. Locating the vehicle does take a minute or so, but it shows both your position and the vehicle position on a map. I've tried it several times and "most" times it works.

One feature which should be very useful is the ability to send an address from the phone app to the vehicle Nav system.

The more I drive this car, the more I like it.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Locate was always hit and miss for me.Sometimes it worked,sometimes it didn't.And,curiously,it's the same with my current BMW,sometimes success,sometimes failure.Remote lock always worked for me and tried remote unlock once just out of curiosity and it worked.Another thing about mBrace that works well is automatic accident notification.I had an accident that caused the airbags to deploy and about 20 seconds after the accident they contacted me asking if I needed help.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C300, BMW X5
It works well until somebody hacked it. BMW recently had its connected Drive hacked. Lets hope Mercedes has better security than BMW.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The Send2Benz feature also works very well, and is an easy way of finding points of interest and/or sending locations directly to your car's navigation system.

All these features work very well ... except the Locate one. The app obviously can see my location and it knows where the car is, since the Send2Benz and locking features work perfectly. The Locate worked once a couple of months ago, but that was the only time I ever saw it find the car. I tried it again last night, with the car parked about 100 feet away from me. It timed out every time with no success. I'll call MB today and see if they have any ideas.

Here's another thought: I wonder if the app can be used to unlock the doors when the fob isn't recognized? That might be an easy way of getting into the car without using the emergency key. I'll try that next time my Keyless Go acts up again.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
Originally Posted by StanNH
The Send2Benz feature also works very well, and is an easy way of finding points of interest and/or sending locations directly to your car's navigation system.

All these features work very well ... except the Locate one. The app obviously can see my location and it knows where the car is, since the Send2Benz and locking features work perfectly. The Locate worked once a couple of months ago, but that was the only time I ever saw it find the car. I tried it again last night, with the car parked about 100 feet away from me. It timed out every time with no success. I'll call MB today and see if they have any ideas.

Here's another thought: I wonder if the app can be used to unlock the doors when the fob isn't recognized? That might be an easy way of getting into the car without using the emergency key. I'll try that next time my Keyless Go acts up again.
How long is mbrace free for?

Trending Topics

Old 02-21-2015, 12:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
Originally Posted by Jchungster
How long is mbrace free for?
6 months. I called MBrace yesterday to ask a question and during your first call you have to go through the registration process, during which time they offer an additional 18 months of MBrace...the fee was $350 or thereabouts, don't recall the exact figure.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by PeteInGilroy
the fee was $350 or thereabouts, don't recall the exact figure.
Well that is really, just taking the ****!

$350/230 - just in case you want to lock your car remotely. MB are have a laugh....
Old 02-21-2015, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by jolt8631

$350/230 - just in case you want to lock your car remotely. MB are have a laugh....
So you've clearly researched all it has to offer?
Old 02-21-2015, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jolt8631

These are the features of the basic package, which costs $200 annually with a three year contract. It's actually very competitively priced, and less money than GM's OnStar service, which is $24.95 per month.

Package Includes:

Safety & Security
Automatic Collision Notification
SOS/Emergency Call
Roadside Assistance Connection
Automatic Alarm Notification
Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance
Safe Ride
Valet Protect*
Convenience & Remote Access
Send2Benz™
mbrace Mobile App
Remote Door Lock/Unlock*
Remote Horn & Lights (via Mobile App)*
Vehicle Finder (via Mobile App)
Dealer Connect
Vehicle Information
Message Center (via Mobile App)
Old 02-21-2015, 06:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does no one else hold the panic button and have the alarm go off to locate their car? Just sayin'.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:46 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 C300, 2015 F-350 Platinum, 1969 Mach 1 428cj, 2007 Roadking
Originally Posted by qtip
Does no one else hold the panic button and have the alarm go off to locate their car? Just sayin'.
That doesn't work when the wife forgets where she parked the car at the Rose Bowl during a Pac 12 game.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205
I completely forgot about the Mbrace free trial so I haven't registered yet (probably will today). Can remote lock/unlock work if the car is in an underground garage with no satellite, radio, or phone signal?