C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Issues with Comand Navigation in UK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250(W205)
Angry Issues with Comand Navigation in UK

I'm still trying to get use to the sat nav in my C250. But it's frustrating the hell out of me. First off, what the hell is a half left?! Every roundabout exit, the system tells me to take a "half left". Why can't it just say take the 3rd exit. Sometimes it even tells me to prepare to turn half left when approaching, only to realise it's the last exit of the roundabout.

Also it's not very clever with the routes. Sometimes it's quicker to take the motorway to a destination, but it takes me along roads, and I've got it set to use motorway and fast route. I even had an instance when I was on the motorway and it directed me to take the next exit only to go over the round about and get back on the same motorway again!

Another annoying this is why is there so much distance between the types of view on the display? The map can either be set to too close or too far. Why nothing in the middle?

And I don't know if I'm missing something, but I can't turn off the sat nav audio at all. I've gone through all the buried menus and found nothing.

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues? Could anyone advise how to fix any of these?

Ps sorry or the negativity, I do love the car overall. But my BMW sat nav from 8 years ago was better and more accurate.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C200 Sport Premium Plus. October 2018. 1497cc with 48 volt battery eq
That's Tom Tom for you.
To mute instruction press the mute button on steering wheel while an announcement is being spoken.
You can alter the display distance by turning the controller knob.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C200 (W205) Avantgarde petrol RWD
Hi H4RJ, do you have voice command?
Old 03-06-2015, 08:01 AM

2014 C Class Saloon C250 Diesel AMG Line RWD, Nissan GTR
Yes, turn left instruction when your taking the 3rd exit (turning right) is nonsense, but just get used to it. How TomTom cannot so something as simple as that is beyond me. Muting is as Merlin1 said. To get the voice back just highlight the 'ear' symbol for the last message and it starts rambling on about half left turns again

Give me Google Maps any day.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:08 PM

C250(W205)
Originally Posted by Merlin1
That's Tom Tom for you.
To mute instruction press the mute button on steering wheel while an announcement is being spoken.
You can alter the display distance by turning the controller knob.
Thank you. I will try that. Didn't realise you had to wait for her to speak to mute. I get the display distance but it's like there are a lot of distances but so much gap between them that there isn't one that is just right. Would be nice to have a dynamic one that zooms out when you go faster.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:55 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
I could have written your post myself.😄

The turn left instruction for all roundabouts is ridiculous, I have approached a few and kept left because of it only to realise when seeing the sign I actually need to now cross up to 3 lanes and be on the right, no sat nav I have used before deals with them like this.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:37 PM

Location: Her Majesty's Glorious Midlands of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Premium Plus Estate (S205)
The software isn't TomTom, only the traffic subscription is. The software is Mercedes using mapping from another source that I forget now.

The turn left thing is because it doesn't recognise large roundabouts like motorway junctions as roundabouts. I got so pissed off with it, I went back to using my actual TomTom unit in the car. The Mercedes one is really poor software, that doesn't make best use of the screen space at all. The fact it doesn't even have a graphic to show the next turning and how far away is it is nonsensical, given every portable satnav unit does that.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:59 AM

C250(W205)
Originally Posted by barnsleyshaun
I could have written your post myself.😄

The turn left instruction for all roundabouts is ridiculous, I have approached a few and kept left because of it only to realise when seeing the sign I actually need to now cross up to 3 lanes and be on the right, no sat nav I have used before deals with them like this.
Exactly. My C250 can tell when I need a break from driving, it can even warn me if the car ahead is too close but it doesn't know what a roundabout is?!
Old 04-04-2015, 12:13 PM

C220 sport with prem plus
I lol when I read this post
I thought exactly the same thing very confusing if SWMBO is driving she's gets all flustered
Also sometimes when it says prepare to turn left on right and there's still 3 or 4 junctions in front of it
Good post
Old 04-05-2015, 05:29 PM

Classe c220 bluetec
[QUOTE = H4RJ; 6354558] Je suis encore en train de se habituer à la navigation par satellite dans mon C250. Mais ce est frustrant l'enfer hors de moi. Tout d'abord, ce que l'enfer est une moitié gauche ?! Toute sortie rond-point, le système me dit de prendre une "moitié gauche". Pourquoi ne peut-il simplement dire prendre la 3e sortie. Parfois, il me dit, même se préparer à tourner à gauche à l'approche de moitié, pour se rendre compte que ce est la dernière sortie du rond-point. En outre, il ne est pas très habile avec les routes. Parfois, il est plus rapide de prendre l'autoroute pour une destination, mais il me faut le long des routes, et je l'ai configuré pour utiliser l'autoroute et de la voie rapide. Je ai même eu un cas où je étais sur l'autoroute et il m'a dirigé à prendre la prochaine sortie que pour aller au rond-point et de revenir sur la même autoroute nouveau! Un autre ennuyeux ce est pourquoi il est tellement distance entre les types de voir sur l'écran? La carte peut être réglé pour une trop près ou trop loin. Pourquoi rien dans le milieu? Et je ne sais pas si je manque quelque chose, mais je ne peux pas éteindre l'audio de navigation par satellite à tous. Je suis passé par tous les menus enfouis et rien trouvé. Quelqu'un at-il connu aucun de ces questions? Quelqu'un pourrait-il dire comment résoudre l'un de ces? Ps désolé ou la négativité, je ne aime la voiture globale. Mais mon BMW de navigation par satellite à partir de 8 années était mieux et plus précis. [/ QUOTE]
Old 04-06-2015, 04:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by d437
[QUOTE = H4RJ; 6354558] Je suis encore en train de se habituer à la navigation par satellite dans mon C250. Mais ce est frustrant l'enfer hors de moi. Tout d'abord, ce que l'enfer est une moitié gauche ?! Toute sortie rond-point, le système me dit de prendre une "moitié gauche". Pourquoi ne peut-il simplement dire prendre la 3e sortie. Parfois, il me dit, même se préparer à tourner à gauche à l'approche de moitié, pour se rendre compte que ce est la dernière sortie du rond-point. En outre, il ne est pas très habile avec les routes. Parfois, il est plus rapide de prendre l'autoroute pour une destination, mais il me faut le long des routes, et je l'ai configuré pour utiliser l'autoroute et de la voie rapide. Je ai même eu un cas où je étais sur l'autoroute et il m'a dirigé à prendre la prochaine sortie que pour aller au rond-point et de revenir sur la même autoroute nouveau! Un autre ennuyeux ce est pourquoi il est tellement distance entre les types de voir sur l'écran? La carte peut être réglé pour une trop près ou trop loin. Pourquoi rien dans le milieu? Et je ne sais pas si je manque quelque chose, mais je ne peux pas éteindre l'audio de navigation par satellite à tous. Je suis passé par tous les menus enfouis et rien trouvé. Quelqu'un at-il connu aucun de ces questions? Quelqu'un pourrait-il dire comment résoudre l'un de ces? Ps désolé ou la négativité, je ne aime la voiture globale. Mais mon BMW de navigation par satellite à partir de 8 années était mieux et plus précis. [/ QUOTE]
Exactly - couldn't have put it better myself!
Old 04-06-2015, 05:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
Le système est plus conçus et je espère que certaines mises à jour de firmware viendront aider ce à un certain niveau. La plupart trouvent plus de chance avec les smartphones. Ne faites pas attention à la idiot du Royaume-Kindgom moqueur votre message ... vous êtes les bienvenus pour poster ici. Profitez de votre voiture et je espère que quelques bons changements viendront de quelqu'un dans Mercedes qui se soucie assez pour ne pas être «juste correct» avec ces questions.

Last edited by kellens; 04-06-2015 at 05:19 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:07 PM

S205 C200 Sport
For the benefit of others (care of Google Translate):
I'm still getting used to satellite navigation in my C250. But it's frustrating the hell out of me. First of all, what the hell is a left half? Any roundabout exit, the system told me to take a "left half". Why can not he just say take the 3rd exit. Sometimes, he said, even prepare to turn left at the half approach, to realize that this is the last exit off the roundabout. In addition, it is not very skilled with the roads. Sometimes it's faster to take the highway to a destination, but it takes me along the roads, and I set to use the highway and the highway. I even had a case where I was on the highway and he directed me to take the next exit than to go to the roundabout and back on the same highway again! Another boring which is why it is so distance between the types to see on the screen? The card can be set to a too close or too far. Why nothing in the middle? And I do not know if I'm missing something, but I can not turn satellite navigation audio at all. I went through all the buried and found nothing menus. Has anyone experienced any of these questions? Could someone tell how to solve one of these? Ps sorry or negativity, I do not like the overall car. But my satellite navigation BMW from eight years was better and more accurate.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:10 PM

S205 C200 Sport
Originally Posted by kellens
Le système est plus conçus et je espère que certaines mises à jour de firmware viendront aider ce à un certain niveau. La plupart trouvent plus de chance avec les smartphones. Ne faites pas attention à la idiot du Royaume-Kindgom moqueur votre message ... vous êtes les bienvenus pour poster ici. Profitez de votre voiture et je espère que quelques bons changements viendront de quelqu'un dans Mercedes qui se soucie assez pour ne pas être «juste correct» avec ces questions.
The system is designed and I hope that some firmware updates will help this at some level . Most find better luck with smartphones. Do not pay attention to the idiot mocking United Kindgom your message ... you are welcome to post here. Enjoy your car and hope that some good will come from changes in Mercedes someone who cares enough to not be "good enough" to these issues