C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Multimedia Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2015 | 01:30 AM

2008 C300 Sport Sedan: Panarama Roof, P2, Multimedia
Multimedia Package

Hi guys. I'm in the market of leasing the new '15 C300. I need some help in deciding whether I should opt for the hefty $2690 Multimedia Package.

I currently have a '13 C300 coupe and I have the multimedia package. Didn't really use the DVD, but the nicer navigation was nice. I understand that I can get the Garmin navigation for about $500-$600 if I don't get multimedia.

As I read in other threads, I can just get the reverse camera $460, and the Garmin for $500-$600.

Is it worth it for the larger screen and the apps? What else am I missing if I opt out of multimedia? I read somewhere that we can connect the car to our phones via hotspot. Is that only with the multimedia package?
Old 03-08-2015 | 03:01 AM

From: Her Majesty's Glorious Midlands of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
2015 C220 AMG Premium Plus Estate (S205)
If I was buying again, I wouldn't have bothered with it (assuming it's the same as 'COMAND online' in the UK). I don't find the Satnav software very good, so much so that I'm gone back to using a TomTom Go 5000 as it's route planning, directions, and information display are much better.

The online stuff... I'd love to know, but I can't get my iPhone to work with it. The hotspot is a bit of a swizz. The car can produce a wifi hotspot, but it needs to connect to the internet through your phone, it doesn't have it's own internet connection. It'd be simpler just to have your phone produce a wifi hotspot...

I don't know if your Multimedia package includes the Burmester sound system, our 'Plus' pack does (which is why I've got it). Now that is worth the money. Sound quality is fantastic.
The following users liked this post:
Dunn (12-12-2017)
Old 03-08-2015 | 08:10 AM

AMG CLE 53
In the USA, the Internet connection is through the cars system, not your phone. You can't tether a phone and use it's internet connection. The cars internet speed is very slow. The wifi hot spot works, but at less than 1 Mb/sec; faster than the old dialup, but slower than 3G. I'm sure they will go to 4G someday. I didn't continue the MB Apps trial subscription.

The larger screen is very nice. The navigation and voice control systems works very well and are easy to use. The navigation data can be shown on the HUD, which is very convenient.

The 10GB media register is very useful, but I wish it were 20 GB or more, mine is already full.

With all that said, if I were ordering W205 today, I would get the multimedia package again.

Last edited by BenzC400; 03-08-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-08-2015 | 09:22 AM

2015 C300 RWD
Without Command you don't get voice features here for phone and media/radio and can't later add. You can add nav with basic voice. The media and Internet functions of the system not that usable, the voice and screen is. The other screen has a plastic bezel.

I'd opt for airmatic suspension and driver assist before Command.
Old 03-08-2015 | 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by BenzC400
The cars internet speed is very slow. I didn't continue the MB Apps trial subscription.

The larger screen is very nice. The navigation and voice control systems works very well and are easy to use.

The 10GB media register is very useful, but I wish it were 20 GB or more, mine is already full.

With all that said, if I were ordering W205 today, I would get the multimedia package again.
I also cancelled the trial MBrace Plus package because of the painfully slow connect speeds. Any smartphone is faster and easier to use.

Voice control on this car is one of the best I've seen ... it is very intuitive, shows on screen prompts to help, and is just easy to use.

I also like the Music Register, just have to be very selective about what I store, since the capacity is limited.

The built-in navigation integrates very well, and is pretty simple to use. It does lack the speed limits display that most other units include. One very nice feature is the ability to remotely download navigation points from your smartphone or tablet with the MBrace app.

No regrets here in spending the extra cash for the Mulitmedia package as offered in the US configuration.
Old 03-08-2015 | 10:56 AM

2015 C3004W
The voice recognition on the W205 is the best yet. It takes the whole address at once and mainly gets it right. It is a huge improvement over the system in my 2012 E class.
Old 03-08-2015 | 02:18 PM

Porsche Cayenne
Mutimedia package includes:

Command Navigation screen 8"
Grace notes for album art
10 gig hard drive
XM traffic and weather
3 years of free map upgrades
Voice control - which has really improved
dolby 5.1

* I think you may have to have the Premium Package to get multimedia package.

premium package has Burmester sound system, heated seats, LED daytime running lights and tail lights and a couple other options which I can't think of at this second.

Last edited by dave-t; 03-08-2015 at 02:21 PM.