C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

How do you store and pull up destinations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300
How do you store and pull up destinations?

The w205 is a beautiful car, but the built-in navigation leaves a lot to be desired.

How do you guys store and pull up destinations using the system?

I do it in two ways:
1. I save destinations to a memory (SD) card. It allows me to insert a name, a category and an address. 7 clicks and 3 turns to start route guidance.
2. I use voice command to save some destinations. It allows me to save an audio name and an address. 1 click and 3 voice commands to start route guidance.

I use the voice command to store my most frequently used addresses, and the memory card to store everything else.

I always connect my phone to the car (thru BT). I tried other ways of storing addresses, but the car always save them to the phone, which sucks because 1) I don't want many of these addresses saved in my phone contacts, 2) pulling up these addresses means scrolling through hundreds of contacts from the phone.

Are there more efficient ways to save addresses in this car? All I want is a self-contained list (one that is not saved in my phone), with each destination having its own text name, audio name, category and the actual address.

My method #1 got me 80% of the way. But it doesn't allow an audio name, and the category cannot be modified after the destination is saved...

I believe method #2 saves the destinations into my phone, but I don't see them in the contacts so I'm cool with it. However it doesn't allow me to choose a category nor inserting a text name (so I must pull it up through voice command). It always recognizes my voice properly and pulls up the right destinations, but it frequently pulls up other similarly sounded contacts from my phone and makes me choose the correct destination from a list, which is annoying and distracting while I'm driving.

Thanks.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
It's an odd system. First, you have to understand that it automatically saves all destinations whether you manually save them or not. Every destination that has been entered is in its history. I forgot the number, but I'm sure it's over 50 before it starts to overwrite them.

I find the easiest way of calling them up is with Voice Command. They can be edited ... I can't remember how but I think it's in the Options sub-menu.

The simplest entry method I've found is to simply use the MBrace app with its Send2Benz feature. You can send and name destinations remotely to your car from the comfort of your home. You can do this from any IOS or Android phone, as well as from a computer. In the car, the Voice Command system works well and is easier to use than manual entry.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:35 AM

C300
Is there a quick way to store your HOME address such that you can just click "HOME" and it routes to your house?
Old 04-07-2015, 01:48 PM

2015 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
Originally Posted by vancity604
Is there a quick way to store your HOME address such that you can just click "HOME" and it routes to your house?
I need this as well!! I thought I had figured it out once but then the next time I couldn't find where it was saved!
Old 04-08-2015, 02:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
I saved my home address on my iPhone contact as 'Home' then use voice to go 'Home'.