C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Has anyone got a C350e on Order / Feedback ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW E60 525d MSport
Fingers crossed for you with that delivery date..

Originally Posted by wivenhoe
note is that if you go for the PP pack on the estate you have to order the 18" wheels which puts in the bik band above and doubles the tax if it is a company car.
On the estate, it is a shame the 18's push it up a BIK band.. i

Due to weight restrictions when specifying Panoramic sunroof and/or tow bar, 18” alloy wheels (Code 22R) are mandatory. The following options are only available in conjunction with 18” alloy wheels on C 350 e Sport Estate:

Panoramic Roof (Code 413)

Premium & Premium Plus packages (DP0, DP1)

Tow bar (Code 550) These restrictions do not apply to the C 350 e Sport Saloon
Old 04-26-2015, 11:24 AM

250 SE
Comand

Hi. Greenoaks have suggested I change my estate specification as Comand now triggers the premium pack on the estate and adds the 18" wheels. This blows the BIK in the UK. The UK Mercedes Benz online configurator now reflects this change. Oh. well. The car has a basic nav as standard anyway.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:40 PM

CLS 350CDI AMG Sport
London. I have read elsewhere that it is the pano sunroof that brings the larger wheels - same as if you specify the tow bar. Merc should have recognised that and left the roof as an option on its own
Old 04-26-2015, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VW Golf GTD
Originally Posted by London Bullet
Hi. Greenoaks have suggested I change my estate specification as Comand now triggers the premium pack on the estate and adds the 18" wheels. This blows the BIK in the UK. The UK Mercedes Benz online configurator now reflects this change. Oh. well. The car has a basic nav as standard anyway.
I would get them to double-check this (with the factory if necessary) and ensure that it's not a bug with the configurator or their systems. The most recent brochure (1 April) still lists Comand as being available separately. When I queried this with MB UK via email, I was told that the brochure is correct. There are various issues with the configurator since its last update, like options being listed twice; none of the other EU country web sites I checked force you to have the Premium/Premium Plus Packs with Comand.

Last edited by juwivive; 04-26-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 AM

BMW E60 525d MSport
Anyone got a build date yet ? I have been advised now September.....so will see.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:58 PM

Volvo XC60
Originally Posted by ak888
Anyone in the UK recommend any dealers - looking for a test drive (with air suspension really and preferably an estate) and if the offer is good I am ready to order. ...

Based in London but willing to travel if most of the order can be done online/email. Like to order the estate with most everything except for the air/perfume thing, and HUD.
Quoting myself above.

wivenhoe - found a price via carfile.net that equates to about 12% off gross and the 5k government grant (if its still available by the time). Looks comparable to the other sites. Would you recommend your dealer or sales person (assuming around SE UK)?

London bullet - was Greenoaks good to deal with ? Would you recommend them?

I'm asking as when I purchased my XC60 I got a recommendation via the Volvo forum and it worked out really well going through a recommendation.

I like to PX my Volvo for the c350e but the Merc will be a company purchase so happy to pay full whack and have them shift the discount to my PX.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:13 PM

CLS 350CDI AMG Sport
My deal is with Merc Ipswich and I am told I can still change the spec despite a date for being in the port of 25th August, so build must be some weeks ahead. I have put a deposit down but it is dependent on me being happy with the drive etc of a petrol demo which is taking an age for them to arrange.

I am really torn as everything about the C350e seems great but I currently have a 14 plate CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport that I just love the look of but have found to but a bit impracticable as it is so large.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:34 AM

BMW F20 125i M Sport
Placed my order for a C350e today. Just have to wait now!
Old 04-29-2015, 06:05 AM

BMW E60 525d MSport
Originally Posted by Benstermin
Placed my order for a C350e today. Just have to wait now!
Nice one - Which spec you going for on the estate ?
Old 04-29-2015, 07:09 AM

BMW F20 125i M Sport
Originally Posted by Driver5
Nice one - Which spec you going for on the estate ?
Premium Plus Package and Privacy Glass in Palladium Silver. Looking forward to it, my first hybrid!
Old 04-30-2015, 06:07 AM

BMW E60 525d MSport
Some more photos of the boot/trunk on the saloon

Has anyone got a C350e on Order / Feedback ?-mercboot_zpsyyehodwe.png

Has anyone got a C350e on Order / Feedback ?-merc-20boot-202_zpsqqo9cowj.png

Has anyone got a C350e on Order / Feedback ?-untitled1_zpspn6wun60.png

Has anyone got a C350e on Order / Feedback ?-untitled4_zpsavgooaub.png

Has anyone got a C350e on Order / Feedback ?-untitled_zps3mi4gxzk.jpg

Has anyone got a C350e on Order / Feedback ?-untitled3_zpsi1zubuqw.png
Old 05-01-2015, 05:55 PM

Mercedes B200
Order going in next week

If all goes to plan. Estate with one of the blues (struggling to choose), dark wood and silk beige. No packs as I want little wheels and low co2. Can't believe what a good deal it is to lease compared with the golf gte or a3 e-tron. November delivery looking likely.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:38 AM

VW
Hybrid Navigation integration

Given that for command you now have to go with the full premium plus pack any idea if the hybrid navigation integration most of the reviews talk about works with the Garmin?

Also is there a difference between the new remote online option in the configurator (£150) and the standard remote capability that comes on the 350e?
Old 05-07-2015, 03:37 AM

BMW E60 525d MSport
Originally Posted by Crispy
Given that for command you now have to go with the full premium plus pack any idea if the hybrid navigation integration most of the reviews talk about works with the Garmin?

Also is there a difference between the new remote online option in the configurator (£150) and the standard remote capability that comes on the 350e?
i would also wlecome info on the above - more so the app.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:08 AM

E250 CDI Sport Saloon
Hi everyone, I currently have a C350e Saloon on order with Daimler Fleet Finance ordered through Mercedes Fleet Sales. I've been following this vehicle closely for a long time and have a great line into someone at Mercedes Fleet who seems very knowledgeable and also have some dealer documentation I don't think would be acceptable to post on a forum but does mean if anyone does have any specific queries, the answers may be in there and I'll help where I can.

My vehicle was ordered in early March before there was a build allocation but has just recently been placed in a build slot and is due in September. It's the 2nd one on their list.

The BIK thing is tricky with this car, as both the Saloon and Estate in base mode do come in under 50g and as such stick at 5% BIK this year, however, the premium pack does add the glass roof and although the Saloon can take this weight on the 17 wheels, the estate needs the 18 wheels.

So the dilemma is, if you add the wheels to the saloon which do look better, or you add the roof to the estate then you have to take the BIK hit. So essentially in BIK terms ...

17 wheels - 5/7/9/13/16 %
18 wheels - 9/11/13/16/19 %

The first rate you'll only see a small amount of this tax year given most cars probably won't arrive before October so ignoring this year then over three years the two average rates to consider are 9.6% and 13.3% hence on a 40K car and 40% tax the 18 inch wheels will cost you about an additional £600 per year (£50 per month) in BIK.

I drove the C300 diesel hybrid for about 4 days before ordering this vehicle and I've not driven the C350e but the BIK saving is so good I'm willing to accept it might not be the best looking car (I'd have loved the 18 inch wheels and red leather) but with the BIK saving I've practically paid for 1/2 my wife's new XC60.

I was also concerned about the boot/trunk space loss but looking at recent pictures it looks like it will be ok. My dilemma was whether to go for the red paint but I've wussed out and stick with Diamond Silver!

My spec is C350e Sport Saloon, 988 - Metallic Paint Diamond Silver, 218A – Leather Crystal Grey, DP1 - Premium Plus Package, DP2 - Driving Assistance Package, 463 – Head-up Display, 641 - LED Intelligent Light System, 501 - 360 Camera.

As I say I've spent a lot of time and effort researching this car so if anyone does have any questions, I'd be happy to try and help where I can.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:08 AM

BMW E60 525d MSport
Good Post ^^ Thanks -

The diff between a Saloon and Estate for me is £3460.83 over 48 Months including additional PUC and BIK.

Last edited by Driver5; 05-07-2015 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:29 AM

E250 CDI Sport Saloon
yeah it's definitely a significant BIK hurdle jumping that 50g band. So it also looks like you are downsizing from a 5 series to a C-class, I'm going E250 to C350e just because the BIK saving is so good. I'll basically be driving something with nearly 300bhp with the carbon footprint and BIK costs of a Nissan Leaf :-)
Old 05-07-2015, 08:47 AM

BMW E60 525d MSport
Originally Posted by dominicbatty
yeah it's definitely a significant BIK hurdle jumping that 50g band. So it also looks like you are downsizing from a 5 series to a C-class, I'm going E250 to C350e just because the BIK saving is so good. I'll basically be driving something with nearly 300bhp with the carbon footprint and BIK costs of a Nissan Leaf :-)
I dont really need the space of the 5 series now the kiddies are getting older, but a 3er was going to cost more for less spec, less power, same as the Passat too, plus Skoda Oct vRS.

In 5 years time these Plug In Hybrids will not get a look in from a BIK point of view due to the RRP and higher BIK.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:59 AM

BMW F20 125i M Sport
Just had an update from the leasing company. Below is the part of the email from the suppling dealer (sensitive bits removed).

Good Morning All,

We have just been advised by Vehicle Ordering that the C350e Engine is Critical and may not be available again until October/November Production.

All current C350e Orders have been placed on Back Order with DSP due to this and once they are aware it is available again they will then be able to allocate build slots and provide us with expected dates of arrival.

DSP currently have over 100 Orders on Back Order due to this issue and it has affected all Customers.

Unfortunately this has affected the following Orders which is very likely to result in a later delivery to your Customer:-

[REMOVED]

Please can you kindly make the relevant Sales Teams aware of the delayed Orders and also update everyone for any new enquiries they may receive on this model/Engine.

Many thanks

Claire

Claire Flinders
Key Account Manager
Mercedes-Benz South Yorkshire
Who or What is DSP?

Last edited by Benstermin; 05-07-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:12 AM

E250 CDI Sport Saloon
Order/Allocation

My experience was that I waited and waited as they could not quote me for the vehicle and then it appeared on the quotation systems in March (mine is business contract hire) at which point we got the spec together and I placed the order pretty much straight away.

At that point they had no idea if or when it could be built and I had basically joined a queue or people with orders that were awaiting an allocated factory slot to appear at the dealership that my order could be inserted into.

On 30th April I had a note from them to say they had been given an allocation and my order had been placed into it.

It looks like the post above appears to say that the number of UK allocation slots available to dealers has been significantly diminished.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:19 AM

BMW F20 125i M Sport
Originally Posted by dominicbatty
My experience was that I waited and waited as they could not quote me for the vehicle and then it appeared on the quotation systems in March (mine is business contract hire) at which point we got the spec together and I placed the order pretty much straight away.

At that point they had no idea if or when it could be built and I had basically joined a queue or people with orders that were awaiting an allocated factory slot to appear at the dealership that my order could be inserted into.

On 30th April I had a note from them to say they had been given an allocation and my order had been placed into it.

It looks like the post above appears to say that the number of UK allocation slots available to dealers has been significantly diminished.
I have left my order as is, after reading on here I was half expecting this situation anyway. Fortunately I'm in a position to be able to wait a little longer if needs be.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:04 PM

BMW E60 525d MSport
Wonder what engine Critical means - ..... Maybe it's not running right..

Last edited by Driver5; 05-08-2015 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:43 AM

W205 C200 (Petrol) Sport Premium Plus
Originally Posted by Crispy

Hi, My dealer showed me a document detailing the extras you get for the £150 fee. Unfortunately I can't remember the details relevant to the hybrid as I've ordered a C200 petrol. Also because I believe others haven't been very impressed with the early implementations of the "connect me" service, I thought I'd try the standard service first, unless I can negotiate the £150 fee.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by Driver5
Wonder what engine Critical means -

Wonder is DSP is the DSP amplifier on the Burmester
My interpretation would be that the engine cannot be built. So 'critical'ly short supply for some reason. DSP is most likely the leasing company or supplier.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:15 AM

BMW F20 125i M Sport
It may be that Mercedes has been caught out by demand and ramping up production on a relatively complicated drive chain is proving difficult.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone got a C350e on Order / Feedback ?