C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

57 Miles And Broken Already

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2015 | 05:18 PM

2015 C300
57 Miles And Broken Already

Well I picked up my C300 last night, and the drive home was OK. Today not so much. Whenever I stop at a stop light, I get a tremendous shutter as soon as I stop. It is so bad, that I always look in the rear view mirror to see who has rear ended me. It is that bad - really. Very violent. The engine does not turn off. I thought it might be stop start, so I turned it off. It still does it, but not as bad. It feels like the stop start turns off the ignition, then a microsecond later changes it's mind and turns the ignition back on before the engine stops. Is this normal? Also I have no creep in reverse. When I go into reverse, the car does not move at all until I hit the gas, then it creeps OK. This is very awkward, because after you try to hit the gas gently, you then have to quickly hit the brakes so you don't go screaming backwards at high speed. Is this normal? Also this car is not even remotely as smooth in up shifts and especially down shifts as my 15 year old E-Class. Wow...
Old 04-10-2015 | 05:28 PM

2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by hpilot
Well I picked up my C300 last night, and the drive home was OK. Today not so much. Whenever I stop at a stop light, I get a tremendous shutter as soon as I stop. It is so bad, that I always look in the rear view mirror to see who has rear ended me. It is that bad - really. Very violent. The engine does not turn off. I thought it might be stop start, so I turned it off. It still does it, but not as bad. It feels like the stop start turns off the ignition, then a microsecond later changes it's mind and turns the ignition back on before the engine stops. Is this normal? Also I have no creep in reverse. When I go into reverse, the car does not move at all until I hit the gas, then it creeps OK. This is very awkward, because after you try to hit the gas gently, you then have to quickly hit the brakes so you don't go screaming backwards at high speed. Is this normal? Also this car is not even remotely as smooth in up shifts and especially down shifts as my 15 year old E-Class. Wow...
Congrats on your car!

The lack of creep in reverse is a safety feature and normal, after you park a bit, it automatically sets the parking brake. Releases if you pull the switch for it by your left knee, or as soon as touch accelerator. It shouldn't go screaming backwards by any stretch.

Your other issue sounds like a problem. My recommendation, get to the dealer and try another C300's auto start, and put in park, set parking break and then go to reverse to release with touch of the accelerator. If yours isn't right with that many miles, they should keep yours to fix in short order! Good luck.
Old 04-10-2015 | 06:31 PM

2015 C300
Just took a test drive, and I think I found the problem, and it is me. I am not used to these brakes, and I noticed that a lot of the time I thought I was stopped, but I was not completely stopped. When I then added more pressure to the brake pedal (because I thought I was stopped), it would jerk to a stop. I think that was the problem. My bad! BTW, this car is gorgeous! I waited four months for my special order. I will post pics soon.
Old 04-10-2015 | 07:33 PM

2015 C300 RWD
Glad it's all good. There's also a 'brake hold' feature for when sitting at stoplight for a bit, by pressing break quick and harder, and then releases like the parking brake...can read up on it. At first I thought a silly feature, now I use it a fair amount.
Old 04-10-2015 | 09:39 PM

CLA-250, C-300
Originally Posted by hpilot
Just took a test drive, and I think I found the problem, and it is me. I am not used to these brakes, and I noticed that a lot of the time I thought I was stopped, but I was not completely stopped. When I then added more pressure to the brake pedal (because I thought I was stopped), it would jerk to a stop. I think that was the problem. My bad! BTW, this car is gorgeous! I waited four months for my special order. I will post pics soon.
Hint, learn to use the hold feature - I have it on my CLA.

BTW 10 days and counting for delivery of my c300, already have the deal all setup, MB updated car will be delivered on the 20 or 21st. Dealer has been awesome, cant say enough about Beshoff ! - 10 days to go.
Old 04-10-2015 | 09:47 PM

CLA-250, C-300
The use hold just tap a second time a little harder and let go, the display on the dash will say hold. really cool.
Old 04-10-2015 | 11:26 PM

2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
I use hold all the time, one of those features that you don't know you need until you have it.
Old 04-11-2015 | 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
I enjoyed this post. 'My car is broken' to 'oh wait it's just me braking' lol. Brilliant.

Things like this remind me of human nature... 'Where the hell are my keys, who's stolen my keys'.. 'Oh here they are, where I left them and forgot'