C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
Old 06-24-2015, 12:20 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Blackvue Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 09:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by Xzer0
The problem with using a GoPro as a dashcam is that they are not meant to be a dash cam, which is why they have a battery life of an hour an a half
They are not capable of looping like regular dash cams, which means that when they run out of space, they stop instead of rewriting/recording over the existing videos.

If I were you I'd wait for GoPro Hero 5
right now I am interested in ThinkWare F750, you should check it out if you haven't bought a dash cam already
I turn on my Gopro during some of my more spirited drives but the battery is dead after 45 minutes. The ThinkWare looks pretty cool, but I feel someone is going to break in and just jack it off the windshield. Not to mention the SD card is inside the unit and will get taken with it.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Mercedes C250 W205
Thanks for the write up!

Just installed my BlackVue yesterday following the cable routing you provided. Was originally thinking somewhere under the dash however your cable routing is easier without having to pull the glove box and all out.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:00 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Hey, I was wondering, does the Dash Cam block the rear view mirrors in that position? I think there are cameras on the back of the rear view mirror that are used for the Pre-Safe Collision system. I'm worried that my dash cam might block them affect the PreSafe.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Mercedes C250 W205
Originally Posted by obbob
Hey, I was wondering, does the Dash Cam block the rear view mirrors in that position? I think there are cameras on the back of the rear view mirror that are used for the Pre-Safe Collision system. I'm worried that my dash cam might block them affect the PreSafe.
It doesn't block the rear view mirrors..... it sits behind it.

Though what you are asking in specific to the stereo cameras used, no it doesn't affect it . If you look at those cameras they are enclosed in the rear mirror housing.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 ML63, 2007 S2000
Wondering what are those fuse that were used for Always on and Acc wire? Thinking to install Blackvue DR500 and PMP on my ML, but having hard time finding which fuse to hook to.

Also, from my friend working in Benz, he said the Benz electrical system can be very sensitive, hence any extra current draw might trigger error in the system. Has anyone experience this? Or it is actually not a problem at all? Thanks for input.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:55 AM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by GabL
Wondering what are those fuse that were used for Always on and Acc wire? Thinking to install Blackvue DR500 and PMP on my ML, but having hard time finding which fuse to hook to.

Also, from my friend working in Benz, he said the Benz electrical system can be very sensitive, hence any extra current draw might trigger error in the system. Has anyone experience this? Or it is actually not a problem at all? Thanks for input.
The fuse positions are exactly as described (one which is only on when the ACC circuit is powered - ie. position 445; and the other is a permanent 12V point) The permanent 12V position I used was not labeled on the fuse map. I just found it using a circuit tester. I've attached another diagram to show you which ones were used.

The fuse taps you can get just about anywhere. Put a low amperage fuse in them because the cameras are very low current devices. Your friend is right about the sensitive electrical circuits but these won't interfere due to the very low current draw - I think the Blackvue has a max rating of only 480 milliampere.
Attached Thumbnails Blackvue Install-dcim_202.jpg  
Old 09-05-2015, 01:36 AM

C250 AMG Prem+ W205
Originally Posted by DBOC205

The fuse taps you can get just about anywhere. Put a low amperage fuse in them because the cameras are very low current devices. Your friend is right about the sensitive electrical circuits but these won't interfere due to the very low current draw - I think the Blackvue has a max rating of only 480 milliampere.
I'm hoping to get this installed soon. Is it a standard fuse tap or mini? Also what size fuse did you put in your one? Total novice at this but your instructions at the start makes it easier for me to install myself
Old 09-05-2015, 02:06 AM

W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by Pinkesh
I'm hoping to get this installed soon. Is it a standard fuse tap or mini? Also what size fuse did you put in your one? Total novice at this but your instructions at the start makes it easier for me to install myself
The fuses are standard size (not mini). You really just need to protect against the unlikely event of a short, so pick 5A or below (I used 5A).
Old 09-05-2015, 03:10 AM

C250 AMG Prem+ W205
The fuses are standard size (not mini). You really just need to protect against the unlikely event of a short, so pick 5A or below (I used 5A).
Brilliant... I'll get pictures up of the install soon. Thanks for your help
Old 09-10-2015, 09:21 AM

2011 ML63, 2007 S2000
The fuse positions are exactly as described (one which is only on when the ACC circuit is powered - ie. position 445; and the other is a permanent 12V point) The permanent 12V position I used was not labeled on the fuse map. I just found it using a circuit tester. I've attached another diagram to show you which ones were used.

Thanks for advance. How do you know if the fuse is permanent? As some circuit is still on for a while after the ignition turns off, but then will be turned off eventually after a period of time I believe.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:48 AM

C250 AMG Prem+ W205
I've installed the dr650 2ch and will have pictures up later today...
Old 09-14-2015, 12:49 AM

2015 C300
Thanks for the tutorial.

I'm trying to install a similar setup - multi safer + DR600. My w205 is a Canadian C300 (2015).

Got a few questions regarding the installation:

1. Where do you connect your ground? I can't see clearly in your picture. I took a photo of the right side of my fuse box.

2. I'm planning to connect the yellow wire to the top left fuse (leftmost green fuse in the blue bracket), and red wire not connected (as per Alex @ blackboxmycar). I think Alex mentioned that green fuse is for central locking. Any concerns?

3. Can I remove the fuse by hand? I can't find the fuse puller that comes with the car... Any idea where it is located?

Many thanks.

Last edited by TensaZ; 09-14-2015 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:08 AM

W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by TensaZ
Thanks for the tutorial.

I'm trying to install a similar setup - multi safer + DR600. My w205 is a Canadian C300 (2015).

Got a few questions regarding the installation:

1. Where do you connect your ground? I can't see clearly in your picture. I took a photo of the right side of my fuse box.
That torx bolt you have in the top right of your picture is what I used. It bolts the fuse box onto the chassis. I wouldn't use it on anything other than a low current device but totally adequate for the Blackvue.

2. I'm planning to connect the yellow wire to the top left fuse (leftmost green fuse in the blue bracket), and red wire not connected (as per Alex @ blackboxmycar). I think Alex mentioned that green fuse is for central locking. Any concerns?
That position you're intending on using is 408 - yes, it's marked as Central Locking .. along with fuses 201,302,303,406,461, & 465. The central locking circuits are obviously highly complex. Its a low powered device and shouldn't have any issues being spliced into it, but why risk it ?

Fuse position 447 (the one I used) has only one purpose - i.e. "Socket 12V in trunk", seemed like the logical choice in terms of hanging anything off it. Up to you.

3. Can I remove the fuse by hand? I can't find the fuse puller that comes with the car... Any idea where it is located?
Not sure if there's a supplied fuse puller. No problem to pull them by hand - they're full sized, so enough to grab onto them.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:34 AM

2015 C300
That torx bolt you have in the top right of your picture is what I used. It bolts the fuse box onto the chassis. I wouldn't use it on anything other than a low current device but totally adequate for the Blackvue.

That position you're intending on using is 408 - yes, it's marked as Central Locking .. along with fuses 201,302,303,406,461, & 465. The central locking circuits are obviously highly complex. Its a low powered device and shouldn't have any issues being spliced into it, but why risk it ?

Fuse position 447 (the one I used) has only one purpose - i.e. "Socket 12V in trunk", seemed like the logical choice in terms of hanging anything off it. Up to you.

Not sure if there's a supplied fuse puller. No problem to pull them by hand - they're full sized, so enough to grab onto them.
Thanks!

Reading your previous posts, did you connect the red wire to position 445, and yellow wire to the unmarked unused position (2 spots below 442)?

Is there any risk of not connecting the red wire? The vendor I got the dashcam from said with the Multi-Saver, only the black and yellow wires need to be connected.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:57 AM

W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by TensaZ
Thanks!

Reading your previous posts, did you connect the red wire to position 445, and yellow wire to the unmarked unused position (2 spots below 442)?

Is there any risk of not connecting the red wire? The vendor I got the dashcam from said with the Multi-Saver, only the black and yellow wires need to be connected.
The MultiSafer is made by FineVu. You'll have to follow their guidelines but AFAIK they're pretty similar. My install was for the Blackvue PowerMagic Pro. In theory you could just have things connected to permanent 12V and forget about the timer cutout (i.e. rely only on low voltage cutout) - each to their own.

The 445 position is ACC power only - i.e. you would use this as a trigger line to wake up the power saver from a sleep state (i.e. after the timer has elapsed; if you don't have this, you're always on). Refer back to the following post for the fuse map and exact locations:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6547417

Old 09-14-2015, 03:02 PM

2015 C3004W
This thread is very helpful. Thank you DBOC205 and others who posted re dash cam.

I never thought I would even attempt to install dash cam myself. But after watching many videos from blackboxmycar.com, and your instruction, I think I am going to give it a go and install myself. My set up is cellink B battery 1.5 generation plus Blackvue DR650-2CH. This set up would require only an ACC hookup, which I like.

DBOC205, did you use 445 (socket 12V in trunk) or 447 (socket 12V, rear) for an ACC fuse? As you can see from the attached pic, there is no fuse in 445 location in my car battery box as well as yours. Is that right?

I see only three in the pink box in the lower left corner - 448 (automatic transmission), 447 (socket 12V, rear) and 446 (cigar light front). It might sound silly but can I still use empty 445?

Old 10-04-2015, 01:17 PM

none
I just installed the 650 2CH using fuse 445 and 447 with power magic pro.

The front cam works but the rear doesn't turn on. The rear security LED does not light up.

Is there anything I have to do have the rear cam turn on?
Old 10-04-2015, 02:47 PM

none
^^ once I rebooted the front camera, the rear one came online.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:37 AM

none
Originally Posted by oro dobro
This thread is very helpful. Thank you DBOC205 and others who posted re dash cam.

I never thought I would even attempt to install dash cam myself. But after watching many videos from blackboxmycar.com, and your instruction, I think I am going to give it a go and install myself. My set up is cellink B battery 1.5 generation plus Blackvue DR650-2CH. This set up would require only an ACC hookup, which I like.

DBOC205, did you use 445 (socket 12V in trunk) or 447 (socket 12V, rear) for an ACC fuse? As you can see from the attached pic, there is no fuse in 445 location in my car battery box as well as yours. Is that right?

I see only three in the pink box in the lower left corner - 448 (automatic transmission), 447 (socket 12V, rear) and 446 (cigar light front). It might sound silly but can I still use empty 445?

I didn't have fuses in 445 and 447 either. I used the double fuse taps with 2 x 5A fuses. Looks professional and clean
Old 11-11-2015, 11:26 PM

W205 C250BT
Having the dashcam almost paid off today. Had some crazy B$tch reverse into me. She stopped for a short second then continued to reverse out onto the road and blasted off into the distance. Pardon the 'French'..
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-h35r2MLQsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Without the camera I would not have gotten her plate. Damage is too minor I reckon to involve the cops or insurance. Parking sensor seems OK and I managed to use a light cutting compound to polish most of the scratching out.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Having the dashcam almost paid off today. Had some crazy B$tch reverse into me. She stopped for a short second then continued to reverse out onto the road and blasted off into the distance. Pardon the 'French'..

Without the camera I would not have gotten her plate. Damage is too minor I reckon to involve the cops or insurance. Parking sensor seems OK and I managed to use a light cutting compound to polish most of the scratching out.
Sorry to hear someone did that. But I would turn her in, especially since you have the plate number. It's not the amount of damage, it's the principal of causing damage and she should not be able to get away with that.

That said, you did an amazing job of buffing it out. If I get a scratch, I'm going to have you over to help me take care of it!
Old 11-15-2015, 03:05 AM

2015 C300
Installed the DR600. How's the sound recording on your units? The sound on mine is extremely mumbled, sounds like we are deep under water...
Old 12-25-2015, 07:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C250 w205
Just wondering... Has anyone had a Blackvue dr650gw-2ch with an Anypower T Power Plus, (uninterruptible power supply) installed in their W205 C250 Mercedes Benz before? I have had nothing but trouble with this unit. In less than six months I have had the UPS replaced because it kept blowing the fuse. The DR650 unit kept falling off the windscreen and eventually broke the rear camera plug. The GPS dropped out a month or... so ago and so I have taken it back for about the fifth time I think (i have lost count) where they fixed the rear camera plug with one that doesn’t actually fit properly, replaced the front DR650 unit with a brand new one and it has now been 3 days, still no GPS at all and plus now my Digital TV won’t work in the vehicle while the unit is on. The TV only works when I unplug the unit. Tonight I started the car to drive home from a friends place and notice that the unit has stopped working again all together. No lights no nothing. I'm just about ready to get a refund as its driving me crazy!
Old 12-25-2015, 05:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by wallyworld2
Just wondering... Has anyone had a Blackvue dr650gw-2ch with an Anypower T Power Plus, (uninterruptible power supply) installed in their W205 C250 Mercedes Benz before? I have had nothing but trouble with this unit. In less than six months I have had the UPS replaced because it kept blowing the fuse. The DR650 unit kept falling off the windscreen and eventually broke the rear camera plug. The GPS dropped out a month or... so ago and so I have taken it back for about the fifth time I think (i have lost count) where they fixed the rear camera plug with one that doesn’t actually fit properly, replaced the front DR650 unit with a brand new one and it has now been 3 days, still no GPS at all and plus now my Digital TV won’t work in the vehicle while the unit is on. The TV only works when I unplug the unit. Tonight I started the car to drive home from a friends place and notice that the unit has stopped working again all together. No lights no nothing. I'm just about ready to get a refund as its driving me crazy!
Never had any such issue.

Is it wired up correctly, did you install it?
Old 12-25-2015, 05:51 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
Originally Posted by wallyworld2
Even after market installers can get it wrong. Have you compared their hookup to the great images provided by the OP? And what's with the digital TV you mentioned? Too many variables here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Blackvue Install