C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Are the service loaners courtesy of MBUSA or the dealership?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Camry
Are the service loaners courtesy of MBUSA or the dealership?

I know I can bring the car to any dealership for warranty/service needs but what is the service loaner policy? Do I have to bring a car to the dealership where I purchased/leased from to receive a service loaner or are they courtesy of MBUSA and most dealers provide one? My dealer is about hour and 15 minutes away so not terribly bad if I have to go there but just curious.

More importantly, is there a specific benefit, when you bring a car to the same dealer for warranty/service work?
Old 04-12-2015, 10:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
The dealers own the loaners and would most likely give preference to people who purchased at that dealer. That said, if there isn't a shortage of loaners, or you make an appointment in advance, you shouldn't have an issue.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:15 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
Pretty sure it's from the dealer and don't feel bad because it costs them less than $20 a day to give you a loaner. When you make an appointment always mention you want a loaner. Just remember a dealer is basically a mechanic shop that sell cars on the side, they make the most from service.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C 300
Originally Posted by amp512
I know I can bring the car to any dealership for warranty/service needs but what is the service loaner policy? Do I have to bring a car to the dealership where I purchased/leased from to receive a service loaner or are they courtesy of MBUSA and most dealers provide one? My dealer is about hour and 15 minutes away so not terribly bad if I have to go there but just curious.

More importantly, is there a specific benefit, when you bring a car to the same dealer for warranty/service work?
I bought my car out of state and twice now gotten a loaner from my local dealer with no questions asked. I'm sure my local dealer is happy to take the money from MB that they'll get for doing the warranty repairs and giving me a loaner during that time is a small price to pay.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:34 AM

Toyota Camry
Thanks folks. I just spoke with the service department at the local dealership and they said everyone gets a loaner if the wait is more than one hour unless they run out of loaner cars, in that case they provide a shuttle to and from wherever you need to go within 25 miles and the last option is they get you a rental at their cost from Enterprise.

So sounds like loaner is not an issue then what if any benefit for service at the dealer you purchased/leased the car from??

My guess is if you have a lemon or car has to go in for multiple warranty related fixes then engaging your original sales team is probably the only benefit I see, no?
Old 04-13-2015, 01:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C 300
Originally Posted by amp512

So sounds like loaner is not an issue then what if any benefit for service at the dealer you purchased/leased the car from??

My guess is if you have a lemon or car has to go in for multiple warranty related fixes then engaging your original sales team is probably the only benefit I see, no?
Buy a car wherever you can find it the cheapest. Service it at the closest location (assuming they have good service).