C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C350e Saloon Trunk / Boot Capcity - Anyone viewed one in person ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW E60 525d MSport
C350e Saloon Trunk / Boot Capcity - Anyone viewed one in person ?

C350e Saloon Trunk / Boot Size - Anyone seen one in the flesh?

While i have been advised I cant get my hands on a C350e demo anytime soon, its looking like I either wait x amount of time for a test drive, or order without trying....

My main concern at present with the C350e is the boot size on the saloon, on paper taken from the PDF manual, it suggests the capcity is 330 liters compared to the 450 ish of a Petrol or Derv engine.

I have looked at the 5 or 6 photos posted online of the trunk / boot but cant really make my mind up on a empty space.

Has anyone been able to assess the space in the flesh and give opinion or if can take anymore photos ?

(there are other options as recommened in the c350e feedback thread for one off uses like a thule towbar box,)

Thank you
Old 04-14-2015, 05:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Nothing helpful here other than to say please don't get one without a test drive, that could be a very expensive mistake indeed.

It still raises an eyebrow from me when people don't test their £30K+ cars properly before purchase and then complain after they receive it that it doesn't suit in some way.

Other than some extremely tiny niggles on mine (a paint fleck, a tiny mark in the leather) its great, but then I also took several test drives and looked around the car thoroughly before committing.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW E60 525d MSport
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Nothing helpful here other than to say please don't get one without a test drive, that could be a very expensive mistake indeed.

It still raises an eyebrow from me when people don't test their £30K+ cars properly before purchase and then complain after they receive it that it doesn't suit in some way.

Other than some extremely tiny niggles on mine (a paint fleck, a tiny mark in the leather) its great, but then I also took several test drives and looked around the car thoroughly before committing.
Thanks - i totally understand what you mean regarding test drive and i would not normally even think about that as an option,, (Note - this will be a company car for 4 years.)

At present the closest match I can get is to test drive a C200 which same engine with less power, same spec, (without Airmatic) but lighter, to get an overall feel for the car. Hence wondering about trunk/boot space. -

Currently have a 5 seriers so will be reducing on space, already tested a VW Passatt Estate and a Skoda Octivia vRS estate too. The C350e on paper ticks all the boxes while playing the BIK (TAX) game. (Overall as a CC the C350e is cheaper than the other 2 cars.)

At present I cant get a date when a test drive will be avaialbe and from a chat with MB customer services, they does not seem to be any UK demos cars around at the moment??

I need to make a decision soon, more so due to the build time.

So its, choose something I have test drove like for like, or try and make a comprimise to build a picture of the C350e.

????????

Cheers

Last edited by Driver5; 04-14-2015 at 06:17 AM.