C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Air Balance fragrance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 Premium
Thinking back it makes me laugh as well! Airwick was really a bad choice! Ah ah... If you never try...then you'll never know! Good news is to know that the flacon will last over a year. So it makes the value more worth. As i told you i just bought car last week... I was guessing the fragrance will last only one or two month. Air wick will bring back to office then..
Old 04-12-2016, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Rofl good man. Pay for the good stuff in life because life is short
Old 04-12-2016, 03:44 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
All high end fragrances cost. It amazes me people buy luxury cars and then go cheap. Like spending £30,000 and looking for cheap tyres. Just pay for the fragrance, it's tailored for the car and mines lasted over a year so far. Don't go cheap.. Air Wick.. Seriously? Lol
LOL, this made my day.

although i prefer japanese car fragrances. they are decently priced ($15~$25), but only last about 2 months. so in a year i spend about $120 on car cologne.

if i'm not mistaken the dealer charges like $100 per bottle, which theoretically should last a year.

it's basically the same thing for me........>.<

but dang......air wick on a benz??????? that is just fundamentally wrong.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:01 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Originally Posted by digitallust_aus
I didn't like the freeside that come with mine from the factory, so I bought the Nightlife fragrance. Cost around AU$170 which I thought was insane, however, it is meant to last 1500 hours on setting '2' and that is 1500 hours of running time only.
Apparently bottles can be refilled with the same fragrance but they recommend you buy an empty vial for AU$136 lol

It is the same setup as the S class.. I did ask about filling up my own empty Vial but they didn't know as I was the first customer they had ever sold a refill too.
I just was quoted $90AUD from my dealer (MBSYDNEY) which is cheaper than buying it from ebay!. Mine lasted about 8-9 months and I have been refilling with fragrance from the supermarket (organic linen spray in pomegranate) Tried Eau de Toilette but it goes too quickly (2 weeks)

Going in tomorrow for a service and will be buying a bottle of nightlife just for something different.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
I cleaned out the container and refilled with an oil based fragrance (such as you'd use in a home burner or pour on pot pourri) which works perfectly well.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:10 PM

E300 2018
Do you know how to open the existing container?

I think they're about £80 or so in the UK. No way I can justify that and I'll do my best to open up the one I have once its done because reading online someone compared the empty one they supply and the used/pre-filled one and there's no difference apart from a seal on the pre-filed one. The only caveat will be it will have to be washed really well to ensure no cross over of scent.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:01 PM

C250 D
Originally Posted by lydgeorge
Also am not sure how to open the fragrance bottle for the C250D 2015 model. Have removed whatever tape I have spotted but can't seem to win with the bottle.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:16 AM

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
it just really really tight. you have to turn it really really hard to open it.
The following users liked this post:
Travis_MB (08-18-2020)
Old 05-19-2018, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
I cleaned out the container and refilled with an oil based fragrance (such as you'd use in a home burner or pour on pot pourri) which works perfectly well.
You'll end up with a sticky film on the car if you use oil based... 😐
Old 08-11-2018, 01:05 AM

E300
Originally Posted by netboy
it just really really tight. you have to turn it really really hard to open it.
Do you or anyone else have to constantly turn the air freshener setting on? My ionization setting and fragrance setting both randomly reset to off after a few drives. Wondering if this is normal..
Old 02-20-2020, 03:40 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2015 S205 AMG
I refilled mine with some old Cologne from my cabinet

I used a pen, a seringe to fill it up, and now im testing

Here is the bottle

Pushed down the valve using a pen

Then i holded down the valve with the pen and just filled the bottle with the syringe, then im now going to test if its works
The following users liked this post:
LAMercedes (08-12-2020)
Old 02-23-2020, 06:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
E300
How to DIY your AirBalance cartridge refill

So far, for what it's worth, I've found out the skinny for those wishing to use a different scent of their choice or perhaps just not pay the $115 per refill. First, you can break the seal and open your empty container. You will need a pair of rubber grips but it can be done with a bit of effort. Before you break the seal though, you need to first use a box cutter or knife to break the sticker seal on side of the black cap and glass. Once you do that and break the seal by twisting off, you need to wash the inside out thoroughly before adding a new scent. 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water or baking soda and water will work. If you're going to make your own scent here is what you will need. First, you cannot use pure essential oils solely, but you can dilute them in the proper solution. The AirBalance cartridges are alcohol based. You need to use a 1:1 ratio of rubbing alcohol and distilled water. I chose three tablespoons of alcohol and three tablespoons of distilled water. The next step is important. You must dilute the essential oils into the alcohol FIRST. I used 10 drops of my favorite scent. You need to shake the essential oil/alcohol mixture for at least two minutes. Once you've done that, add it to your distilled water and shake again for about a minute. After that, just pour your solution into your empty cartridge, tighten the cap and there you are. If you try to go out of sequence the oils will not combine with the alcohol and water. I hope that helps, it took quite a bit of digging for me to find the right way to make your own solution.

Last edited by NeauxLA E300; 02-23-2020 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo
The following 3 users liked this post by NeauxLA E300:
jolugo (07-10-2020), LAMercedes (08-12-2020), Travis_MB (08-18-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 04:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E53 AMG Cabriolet
How did this work out? I'm not a fan of the scents offered by Mercedes and am eager to use my own Colognes. Please let me know!
Old 08-12-2020, 04:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E53 AMG Cabriolet
Originally Posted by NeauxLA E300
So far, for what it's worth, I've found out the skinny for those wishing to use a different scent of their choice or perhaps just not pay the $115 per refill. First, you can break the seal and open your empty container. You will need a pair of rubber grips but it can be done with a bit of effort. Before you break the seal though, you need to first use a box cutter or knife to break the sticker seal on side of the black cap and glass. Once you do that and break the seal by twisting off, you need to wash the inside out thoroughly before adding a new scent. 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water or baking soda and water will work. If you're going to make your own scent here is what you will need. First, you cannot use pure essential oils solely, but you can dilute them in the proper solution. The AirBalance cartridges are alcohol based. You need to use a 1:1 ratio of rubbing alcohol and distilled water. I chose three tablespoons of alcohol and three tablespoons of distilled water. The next step is important. You must dilute the essential oils into the alcohol FIRST. I used 10 drops of my favorite scent. You need to shake the essential oil/alcohol mixture for at least two minutes. Once you've done that, add it to your distilled water and shake again for about a minute. After that, just pour your solution into your empty cartridge, tighten the cap and there you are. If you try to go out of sequence the oils will not combine with the alcohol and water. I hope that helps, it took quite a bit of digging for me to find the right way to make your own solution.
May I ask what your sources was? Thanks!
Old 08-12-2020, 05:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
E300
Originally Posted by LAMercedes
How did this work out? I'm not a fan of the scents offered by Mercedes and am eager to use my own Colognes. Please let me know!
Yes it works great. I did adjust my alcohol to distilled water ratio from 1:1 to 2:1 (alcohol:water). You may need to add more than 10 drops of your favorite scent depending on how strong you want it in the cabin. Other than that it works very well.