C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Command - POI's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C250 AMG Premium Plus, 2015 Citroen DS3 Cabrio
Command - POI's

I took a spin up the M11 yesterday to pick up my Son in Cambridge (What an awful road..stop start stop start in the fast lane continuously) and was wondering where the next motorway services were ahead. On the system I had previously on my VW Touareg, the nav used to advise me of upcoming services, distances etc, but I couldn't find any way setting the Command up to do the same thing. Also I used to be able to search for POI's...for example if I wanted to find 'Leisure Centres' in Guildford, I could search it and get results and choices. Is there anyway of getting these settings on Command or is it just a bit behind the times ? Thanks
Old 05-02-2015, 04:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
I take it you've not read the owners manual on this then as it covers things like this. POI searching via the interface or by voice. Its worth a read to know how to get the best from it.

Commands by voice such as 'Nearest filling station', 'Nearest rest area' or 'Nearest coffee shop' etc? Beware however it can turn you around if you've already passed the nearest destination you state.

You can of course enable things like this in the Nav to show up on the screen etc. Though from what you explain about the VW I don't think there's a way to announce or display oncoming things like this, if that's what you meant. I could be wrong as I'm still learning up on the system myself.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc GLC Coupe 250d AMG Line Prem Plus
Originally Posted by Kahuna2205
I took a spin up the M11 yesterday to pick up my Son in Cambridge (What an awful road..stop start stop start in the fast lane continuously) and was wondering where the next motorway services were ahead. On the system I had previously on my VW Touareg, the nav used to advise me of upcoming services, distances etc, but I couldn't find any way setting the Command up to do the same thing. Also I used to be able to search for POI's...for example if I wanted to find 'Leisure Centres' in Guildford, I could search it and get results and choices. Is there anyway of getting these settings on Command or is it just a bit behind the times ? Thanks
Maybe im confused, but when i was going to slough the other day (first time on the motorway with the C class) it told me for example there were services in like "1.7" miles and it told me what it had aswell.... This came up on the main screen sat nav whilst i was driving. I have fiddled with the nav when i first got it, but not make sure it does thing like this. But im 100% it came up!