C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Collision Prevention Assist Plus Inoperative Error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 09:04 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 C300, 2015 F-350 Platinum, 1969 Mach 1 428cj, 2007 Roadking
Originally Posted by chicagofan00
Anyone ever run into the attached two error messages while driving?

This occurred as the family and I were on the freeway exit ramp yesterday. The car at first seemed to drive OK and then by the time I got close to my destination it seemed to also lose engine power as I had to mash the pedal down to the floor in order to get the car to start moving (perhaps the emergency brake or brakes in general were auto engaging?). We decided to grab a bite to eat at the restaurant we stopped at, came back out, and the car started and ran just fine the rest of the day.

Seems like it may have just been a computer glitch. Just not sure if this is something I should take it to the dealer for or not. I don't want something like this to happen on an upcoming road trip we have and then to get stranded in the middle of the desert...
The wife had that happen three times. The dealer failed on the first two repair attempts. On the third they said that MB had a software patch for it. They down loaded it and so far so good. According to the dealer this was a new fix as of some time this month.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz
I have got an E-class Coupe 2017 and faced the similar errors. I googled and read various thread on different forums. Everyone there was sharing their experiences that what happened to their vehicle but didn’t find a real solution on any thread.
Having read over 30 threads I came across a blog explaining all these errors, their causes and possible solutions. I found that blog very useful and got rid of the problem by replacing the radar sensor. Here is the blog you should read, I hope you will get a solution to your problem.
https://xenons4u.co.uk/blog/collisio...rative-message
The following users liked this post:
Ron P Baker (11-30-2019)
Old 02-19-2021, 04:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 Mercedes C300 - Luxury
Hello!

I have a c300 4matic 2015 with 91K miles on it. With the exact same issues happening with the "Collision Prevention Assist Plus Inoperative" along with the cruise control inoperable when this message pops up and the traction control symbol is illumined yellow. I then lose all power to the vehicle, it enters a "limp mode" if you call it that. Driving 75 down a highway the car will randomly activate this warning and you lose all control to accelerate. You have to quickly pull over and restart the car, the message then disappears and all is back to normal. *THIS has only started happening once a new battery was installed by MB dealer last week, the day after driving down a freeway and has happened 5-6 times over 7 days. Could you imagine having a family in the car and losing all power in the center of a freeway?

Immediately called MB service advisor (when it first happened) who told me to wash the car as it's winter here in Minnesota. Which seemed valid as sensors can do crazy stuff when dirty... Did that, the next time I started the car drove it for 30 seconds, same issue. Inoperative warnings come up and lose the power to accelerate. There is NO check engine light on.

So I dropped it off at Mercedes, thinking they installed the battery wrong and needs a software update. They came back with many fault codes, however they singled out the Thermostat? P059700. HERE is the KICKER - The tech then sent a $1,000 credit from Mercedes to fix this??! Seems quite odd to me, they didn't give me credit for he $1,600 crankcase value I replaced last summer.. Anyhow They want over 2K to fix the Thermostat, claiming low temperature of cooling system is throwing off codes and reason it's throwing the collision assist inoperative warning and limp mode. BUT with no check engine light? I've read all of the forums containing to this issue and not one has related this to the thermostat..

A week ago the battery was changed and a service tech did an inspection. They found all levels normal and the car in "great" condition.... Now not even a week later they did another inspection today and found my oil to be overfilled, the wanted a b service, wipes replaced and this thermostat to correct the issue??? I have a hard time believing them that the thermostat could cause collision and cruse control warnings..

Any insight would be great. What should I do? Similar issues - sure looks like it!
The following users liked this post:
egosnous (05-07-2022)
Old 05-07-2022, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc
Same issue every time after and or during rain

Usually no problem in good weather. Occurs very often in rain and the engine light went off after one ir couple of days. Very dangerous on road when it occurs and lost power. I thought it was low battery that caused this but it seems not. I even disconnected the fuse for collision prevention *** manage system but still occurring. After read others post I doubt it would be useful if visit a dealer