C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Does anyone here actually like this car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2015 | 04:44 PM

2015 C300, 2015 F-350 Platinum, 1969 Mach 1 428cj, 2007 Roadking
Originally Posted by HelenR
It's a hard car to like from an ownership perspective. It's no Lexus. Better than Audi and BMW in class? Probably. Low bar though to jump.

I mean, it has a cool freaking design and package. Some neat technology, first in class with silky air suspension. Finally a car maker is making the interior fit and finish in smaller car not look like a cut back from large models. BRAVO! Compare all the rivals and no comparison. Other automakers, German and otherwise, are silly not to step up designs of their non-flagship models to not be a compromise.

Mercedes (as many German makers) get an "D" in durable execution of the build and an "F" for accountability and service for known issues (wind noise, MB tex, bumper) from me. That's hard to get past. Has nothing to do with the boards. Many people posted here long before they bought, most have come back here with issues. Hell, you're on your second car in 6 months and have spend I'd guess thousands if not tens of thousands of hours on the 2015 C board, mostly with build and accountability problems.
I agree 100%. Our last car, Lexus GS 300, is the reason we're now in a C300. I won't buy another Lexus. One problem or recall after another. We received another recall notice 1 month after buying the C 300. Luckily they took the Lexus in trade. No tears were shed that day.

Last edited by mikbar2; 05-15-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-15-2015 | 04:55 PM

2015 C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by chicagofan00
To be perfectly honest, it's just OK. I kind of regret my decision to get the C400. Overall the design is fantastic and the performance is perfectly fine but the fit and finish and the small details are just not up to the standards I thought MB had. Overall I would say that I like the car but I would not miss it if I could get into another vehicle right now without getting *** raped on depreciation. Sad to say that this will be my first and last MB unless there comes a day when I can afford to step up to the G class.
Agreed.

I leased mine and even I can't wait until it's over.

Every car I had before felt special - the Scion FRS was a blast but useless in the snow, the Range Rover Evoque felt all-terrain capable and the most stylish SUV ever.

This C-Class is... disappointing in every aspect. But then again, it's a 4 door sedan not made to do anything the best.

I bought it because of the styling - it looks like an S-Class.

But fit and finish, wind noise insulation, sound system issues, screeching brakes, creaky interior... it's way worse than my first generation Scion was. But it's an American made car and my Scion was built in Japan. Now I know I will never buy another American made car again.

So I kind of wish I had gotten a BMW 435i Gran Coupe.

Now I'm looking forward to 2 years from now to seeing what the next generation E-Class has to offer, a Porsche Macan, Jaguar F-Pace or if I can swing it a Jaguar F-Type.

The C-Class was the worst car to get in this price range - way too pricey for the lackluster experience. The Three point star makes it the $48k but the car feels like a $30k car at best.
Old 05-15-2015 | 05:04 PM

2015 C300 RWD
We're all hopeful Mercedes will step up their game. so much potential!

They could clean Lexus' clock and be more 'likable' if they could more reliably build their designs and had the same mantra of recalls, accountability and customer service. They aren't selling as many as they should, someone's gotta see why. It's not the design.

Last edited by floridadriver; 05-15-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-15-2015 | 05:27 PM

2015 C300, 2015 F-350 Platinum, 1969 Mach 1 428cj, 2007 Roadking
Originally Posted by floridadriver
We're all hopeful Mercedes will step up their game. so much potential!

They could clean Lexus' clock and be more 'likable' if they could more reliably build their designs and had the same mantra of recalls, accountability and customer service. They aren't selling as many as they should, someone's gotta see why. It's not the design.
On the contrary, around where I live I don't ever recall seeing as many new MB's on the road as the C300. Seems like they're every where. I'm not justifying the C300 but they are very popular here and MB's not dealing like they were in Dec. 14 when we bought ours.
Old 05-15-2015 | 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
I can't remember the exact numbers, but I recently read an article which showed a significant increase in C-Class sales for 2014 and 2015. Whatever our complaints here may be, the car appears to be selling quite well.
Old 05-15-2015 | 06:08 PM

C400
Originally Posted by Jinzen
Agreed.

I leased mine and even I can't wait until it's over.

Every car I had before felt special - the Scion FRS was a blast but useless in the snow, the Range Rover Evoque felt all-terrain capable and the most stylish SUV ever.

This C-Class is... disappointing in every aspect. But then again, it's a 4 door sedan not made to do anything the best.

I bought it because of the styling - it looks like an S-Class.

But fit and finish, wind noise insulation, sound system issues, screeching brakes, creaky interior... it's way worse than my first generation Scion was. But it's an American made car and my Scion was built in Japan. Now I know I will never buy another American made car again.

So I kind of wish I had gotten a BMW 435i Gran Coupe.

Now I'm looking forward to 2 years from now to seeing what the next generation E-Class has to offer, a Porsche Macan, Jaguar F-Pace or if I can swing it a Jaguar F-Type.

The C-Class was the worst car to get in this price range - way too pricey for the lackluster experience. The Three point star makes it the $48k but the car feels like a $30k car at best.
These are the two of my biggest complaints about the car. I've had cars that were cheaper than this and never had a single rattle or creak and yet it seems like I keep finding new ones on the C400. The rear bumper still isn't aligned properly even after the dealership removed it and reinstalled it. From what I understand about the wind noise issue, I don't have a severe case of it but it's still a hell of a lot more wind noise than I've ever had in a previous vehicle at speeds of 50+mph.

I always said that I wouldn't buy the first model year of a new model or major redesign and the looks of the new C drew me in and I got a little starry eyed with it and just had to have it. Never again will I be the beta tester and will make sure to buy the second or third year in. Pretty appalling that MB won't recognize some of these issues even though they are a very common thing with this car.

Old 05-15-2015 | 06:50 PM

2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
So, another uplifting thread goes South!
Old 05-15-2015 | 07:05 PM

C300
I joined this forum in February after placing my order for a C300. I'm drawn to the car because the styling excites me and the specs are exactly what I'm looking for in my next vehicle. As a potential owner, I've used the long wait for delivery, now just a few weeks away, to learn more about the car. I admit, I was scared silly by the lack of love expressed here and the volume of complaints. I continued reading posts, rationalizing that there must be a silent but happy majority out there, and if I'm lucky I will be one of them. Then pragmatism set in. I have no commitment to MB and I am an educated buyer. So when my car is delivered, I will have a checklist in hand. I will go through my checklist before signing papers and if any of my show-stoppers are present, I'll walk away. There's no guarantee that I'll detect the defects in my checkout, but at least I know what to look for. By reducing risk, I'm more comfortable that I can make my choice work for the long term.

A sincere thank-you to the owners that have identified issues and shared their experiences. It's people in my position that are the biggest beneficiaries.

I don’t have the expectation that huge forums of this type encourage people to express the positive aspects of car ownership. Not surprisingly, I saw a greater sense of community develop in the much smaller BMW i3 FB group (a car I was considering buying before my wife convinced me it was too ugly). In that group, people shared stories and pictures of trip experiences, fun or curious events while driving, in addition to tips and complaints about the car. MBWorld has a few sub-forums for that, but they don’t get much traffic. My impression is that Facebook, where most people use real names, is better at building communities. But I do feel I kinda know Stan and few other regular posters. More importantly, I know the C300 and I’m approaching ownership with my eyes open. Thanks again.
Old 05-15-2015 | 07:11 PM

'13 VW Touareg, '15 Harley Ultra Limited, '15 C300 Spt, '14 Airstream Interstate, '16 VW Tiguan
I personally like a lot of the features on my car and overall I am very pleased with the car. However, MBZ fell very short on the wind noise issue which in my opinion is a design flaw which manifests itself in the assembly of some but not all C300's. The worst part of the issue is MBZ's response (or lack of response) to the issue. Possibly the worst customer service experience I have had with any product and this from a supposedly premium car manufacturer. I for one would join in a class action suit if one were started, in the meantime I just try to steer folks away from the 300.
Old 05-15-2015 | 07:33 PM

C300
Originally Posted by mikbar2
On the contrary, around where I live I don't ever recall seeing as many new MB's on the road as the C300. Seems like they're every where. I'm not justifying the C300 but they are very popular here and MB's not dealing like they were in Dec. 14 when we bought ours.
Must be regionally.

Dealers in southeast USA near me can't get rid of them. Worked out well buying mine, got large % off. Some on lots with stock numbers since October. CLA more popular, as well as new GLA and S class. The 2015 C, not just on this board, doesn't have a great reputation of being very problem free yet.

Just like spouses, no matter how sexy, when there's recurrent "unresolvable issues", it makes harder to like. But, I'm trying hard, and overall "like" mine. It gives me a few quiet months, I'll love it.

Last edited by kellens; 05-15-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2015 | 09:07 PM

W205 C250 Bluetec AMG Line
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
I got this car thinking I'd pay it off and keep it for as long as possible. Having lived with it, as comfortable, luxurious and stylish as is, it's quite a boring and unpredictable drivetrain and this will likely mean I'll hand it back at year 2 or 3. Plus today it's developed a creak from the centre console wood trim/vents (which creaks and ticks badly, like polystyrene when pressed by a finger). Good job I got a huge discount.

Really glad I didn't part ex the BMW as originally planned as I love that car.
My dash creaks as well, in the centre console/air vents... That's my only complaint to date... So that will be a trip in to the dealer very soon.

Other than that, I think our cars in Oz are manufactured with such a higher level of quality in SA than in the states as I have none of these issues. Sure there are niggley little new model issues, however, my BMW F30 was plagued with issues at release

I'd have to say I love my W205. It is years ahead of its rivals in quality and comfort. The diesel is remarkable. The only "ok" aspect imo is the transmission, it's not nearly as intuitive as the 8ZF... But I'm no nascar driver so ultimately that doesn't bother me at all.
Old 05-15-2015 | 09:52 PM

Current: 2024 GLE350W4, 2016 Audi A8L Previous: 2019 C43W4
Wow. I'm surprised, as well, by this thread.

I'm absolutely in love with my C. Just over a month of having it, not quite 1,000 miles (I'm out of town a TON for work), and it's head and shoulders above my 2013 W204. There really isn't a single thing I don't like about this car. From the exterior, it has TONS of presence on the road. The interior is absolutely decadent and feels like a million bucks. The compromise between comfort and sport of the Airmatic suspension is absolutely exceptional. And I've had -ZERO- problems to date.

I'm a huge fan and only hope the rest of the folks who get their new C come to love their cars just as much as I love mine.

She's a stunner
Old 05-15-2015 | 11:22 PM

2022 EQS 580 Nautical Blue Macchiato interior.
H-m-m-m...today, was a beautiful day in Boston! Decided to take the time to visit Home Depot for a few project items. Hit a pothole...can't miss-em all just before getting to the Depot. Thought again how I wish I did not have the 19" summer tires in our always under construction state. Got out before going in to make sure all was alright. Seemed OK, so did shopping & back out to head home(2 + miles away). Noticed steering was way off & looked down to see the right front was "0" tire pressure. Pulled over as quickly as possible & yep the inside tire wall was blown. As these streets are loaded with traffic & speed limits, probably was not going over 35 miles per hour when it happened. The 19" summers are not RFTs, no spare, etc, so call roadside assistance & flatbedded to local dealer about 7 miles away. No replacement tire in stock, available next Tuesday. Elapsed time of almost 4 hours before able to be on my way with loaner SUV. 45 days of ownership...STILL enjoy the car...but, BIG BUTT, Mercedes, what if I was in a much more rural area of the country & this happened!! Call me 'ol school...& not where is the beef.. But where is the friggin' spare??
Yes, many other manufacturers are resorting to no spare strategies to keep alleged weight down for better fuel mileage, but seriously?? Flatbed a $60k car for a flat. Hard to keep a sense of humor on this one as it is just plain dumb!!
Sorry to add the real world experience Stan as I am sure feeling a bit idiotic for going with the 19" AMG WHEEL PACKAGE. Somehow missed that the tires are not even RFTs. Enuff said!
Old 05-15-2015 | 11:40 PM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by BenzC400
The issues I had with a September built C400, screeching brakes, bumper misaligned, door handle LED failure, and steering recall were all resolved completely and quickly. I'm very happy with the car. It is very fast and quiet (no wind noise issues). It looks and drives great. I would certainly look at Mercedes for my next car, maybe a redesigned E Class.
My experience has been nearly identical. I love driving the car and I am happy with it
Old 05-15-2015 | 11:42 PM

C400
Originally Posted by ranord
H-m-m-m...today, was a beautiful day in Boston! Decided to take the time to visit Home Depot for a few project items. Hit a pothole...can't miss-em all just before getting to the Depot. Thought again how I wish I did not have the 19" summer tires in our always under construction state. Got out before going in to make sure all was alright. Seemed OK, so did shopping & back out to head home(2 + miles away). Noticed steering was way off & looked down to see the right front was "0" tire pressure. Pulled over as quickly as possible & yep the inside tire wall was blown. As these streets are loaded with traffic & speed limits, probably was not going over 35 miles per hour when it happened. The 19" summers are not RFTs, no spare, etc, so call roadside assistance & flatbedded to local dealer about 7 miles away. No replacement tire in stock, available next Tuesday. Elapsed time of almost 4 hours before able to be on my way with loaner SUV. 45 days of ownership...STILL enjoy the car...but, BIG BUTT, Mercedes, what if I was in a much more rural area of the country & this happened!! Call me 'ol school...& not where is the beef.. But where is the friggin' spare??
Yes, many other manufacturers are resorting to no spare strategies to keep alleged weight down for better fuel mileage, but seriously?? Flatbed a $60k car for a flat. Hard to keep a sense of humor on this one as it is just plain dumb!!
Sorry to add the real world experience Stan as I am sure feeling a bit idiotic for going with the 19" AMG WHEEL PACKAGE. Somehow missed that the tires are not even RFTs. Enuff said!
Pretty sure the 19" wheels are RFTs...at least mine sure as hell are. If you blow a side wall though that won't matter if it's an RFT or not, it will go flat...
Old 05-16-2015 | 12:11 AM

Had the time to read our manual while waiting at dealer for service today & page 341 of the PDF version states that MOExtended tires are labeled as such after tire size. Did not see that on my tires which dealer service confirmed. MOExtended is DOT speak for RFTs. You are correct about blown sidewall being a 'no go' though, but what about a regular flat? Guess we all could do with the TireFit Kit, huh? My first diatribe was more informational & meant to be a 1st hand experience & possible 'heads up' to our group!
Old 05-16-2015 | 12:36 AM

Apologies for my continuing education. Prior post should have this info to be more informative regarding MOExtended.
Mercedes-Benz Original Extended Tires (MOExtended or MOE)

Tires branded with MOExtended or MOE on their sidewalls identify them as being specifically tuned for Mercedes-Benz vehicles. The Extended portion of the name identifies they feature run-flat-like tire characteristics by offering temporary extended mobility. However since they don't meet all of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) run-flat tire operating limits under all permitted vehicle loads, they cannot be branded as run-flat tires.

Mercedes-Benz vehicles traditionally provide high levels of comfort, which makes it challenging for chassis engineers to add traditional run-flat tires without experiencing some sacrifices in ride comfort. Mercedes-Benz believes much of the undesirable ride firmness is directly associated with traditional self-supporting run-flat tires, so they collaborated with several tire manufacturers to develop lighter-duty temporary extended mobility tires that are designed to increase trunk space and provide a location for the BlueTEC diesel urea tank while enhancing vehicle fuel economy and everyday ride comfort.

Operating Limits
In the event a simple puncture results in tire pressure loss, traditional ISO run-flat tires are rated to provide temporary mobility for up to 50 miles (80 km) at up to 50 mph (80 km/h) for all permitted loads after the vehicle's tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) alerts the driver of significant tire pressure loss.

While the same speeds are permitted 50 mph (80 km/h), MOExtended tires are designed to provide temporary extended mobility on a fully loaded vehicle for up to 20 miles (30 km) and on a lightly loaded vehicle of up to 50 miles (80 km) after the vehicle's tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) alerts the driver of significant tire pressure loss.

Tire manufacturers that produce MOExtended tires for Mercedes-Benz vehicles include Bridgestone, Continental, Goodyear and Pirelli.
Old 05-16-2015 | 02:14 AM

Mercedes C200 (W205) Avantgarde petrol RWD
Well, I have had some issues with my car, nothing that has prevented me from driving it and I do love it.
My expectations when I bought the car were for a daily driver that was comfortable, good fuel economy, beautiful interior with good design elements, enough power to get me out of trouble- not into it, technology that was useful to me-HUD, intelligent lighting system-fantastic, navigation, voice control, Bluetooth, cruise control, etc
All of my expectations have either been met or exceeded and I did spend some time researching the vehicle before buying. I didn't expect my c class to have the same quality as an s class or the performance of an AMG- I didn't pay for that and I'll tell you, in Australia those cars cost a fortune. The c class to me is a car for daily driving in safety, comfort and style. I consider I got what I paid for. This is my first MB- coming from BMW- and I have no regrets.
Old 05-16-2015 | 03:33 AM

c300
$53000 for fair car

No, I don't dislike the car but is not worth the price I paid and will not go on thinking about all these issues for another 3 to 5 years. Mercedes has put out a car that does not meet the standards that they have stood for for the last 50 years. I have owned 5 other luxury sports sedans and none have had such loud irritating wind noise, issues with the audio system, strange shifting at low speeds, problems with the headlights, a cigarette lighter that doesn't work and gas tank that only fills up half way.

The customer service at MB USA discounts owners complaints and their official stance that there is absolutely no wind noise issue will not stand for long. I know at least 7 people who have called to complain in the last month and they were all told there is no issue.

Even the owner of my dealer told me he is disgusted by the way Mercedes USA has ignored their own internal pleas for help for dealing with the wind noise and radio issues. They have steered buyers away from the C class completely and even say the upcoming C450 has the same exact wind noise issues and won't be stocking the car.

The interior and the design is beautiful but the car does not come close to meeting expectations at this price point. It goes way beyond the obvious issue of being the first year of a new model. The car was in no stage to be released to market without more testing and attention to detail that has always been the norm at Mercedes until now. It seems many things that were designed on the computer were not realized in the final product.

Luckily my dealer has taken my car back as a trade in for a used SUV. I am done with the 2015 C class.
Old 05-16-2015 | 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Grant Hummel
Wow. I'm surprised, as well, by this thread.

I'm absolutely in love with my C. Just over a month of having it, not quite 1,000 miles (I'm out of town a TON for work), and it's head and shoulders above my 2013 W204. There really isn't a single thing I don't like about this car. From the exterior, it has TONS of presence on the road. The interior is absolutely decadent and feels like a million bucks. The compromise between comfort and sport of the Airmatic suspension is absolutely exceptional. And I've had -ZERO- problems to date.

I'm a huge fan and only hope the rest of the folks who get their new C come to love their cars just as much as I love mine.

She's a stunner
^ +1
Old 05-16-2015 | 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Boudicca
Well, I have had some issues with my car, nothing that has prevented me from driving it and I do love it.
My expectations when I bought the car were for a daily driver that was comfortable, good fuel economy, beautiful interior with good design elements, enough power to get me out of trouble- not into it, technology that was useful to me-HUD, intelligent lighting system-fantastic, navigation, voice control, Bluetooth, cruise control, etc
All of my expectations have either been met or exceeded and I did spend some time researching the vehicle before buying. I didn't expect my c class to have the same quality as an s class or the performance of an AMG- I didn't pay for that and I'll tell you, in Australia those cars cost a fortune. The c class to me is a car for daily driving in safety, comfort and style. I consider I got what I paid for. This is my first MB- coming from BMW- and I have no regrets.
^ +1

Where do you have your services done?
Old 05-16-2015 | 04:28 AM

w205 2015 C300 sedan
I love my w205

I love my 2015 c300 RWD. Its a 36 month lease. Premium package, sport package. The interior quality is top notch for its class. My car is silent from wind noise. Handles much better after I lowered it with H&R springs 1.2" drop. Upgraded speakers sound great. Highly recommended!
Old 05-16-2015 | 04:38 AM

Mercedes C200 (W205) Avantgarde petrol RWD
Originally Posted by digitallust_aus
^ +1

Where do you have your services done?
It will be Westpoint. That's where I bought the car and they have resolved to my satisfaction a couple of initial issues. If the weather clears up I'll be de badging this weekend- doesn't look hopeful right now. I also promised my husband that I would detail his land cruiser - that doesn't look too hopeful either but I'm not too bothered about THAT
Old 05-16-2015 | 04:23 PM

C200 AMG Line Premium Plus
Thumbs up

Good point, well made as always Stan.

I must confess I don't visit the forums as often these days and post even less than I used to. (Which was never much anyway!)

Perhaps it's to be expected but negativity far exceeds any positive feedback for the W205 on this site.
Having been a member of other car forums in the past, it seems to be particularly noticeable on this forum.

Feedback seems to consist of everything from "I ht my head on the trunk lid - its a safety issue" to "my phone rings too loudly - its a serious safety risk" with all stops in between.

This thread has even attracted our resident "I hate this car. That's why I don't own one" member, with the usual put downs on the brand.

Its not perfect. No mass sales car can be. However, its far and away the "best" car I have owned thus far.

I am already thinking about the options I would like for my next W205.
Old 05-16-2015 | 05:11 PM

2013 C class Coupe 250 CDI
Originally Posted by StanNH
I've owned three BMW's and, without any question, BMW makes some of the finest engines available in any car. They are efficient, and offer both performance and economy. I lost my love for their steering when they switched to electric from hydraulic assist. The current 3..xi series is very good, but the styling and interior seem somewhat dated at this point. Handling, which used to be class leading, is now still better than average, but that edge seems to have dulled a bit. BMW still offers excellent sedans, but they are no longer the enthusiast's "slam dunk" of cars. Audi's superb A4 is getting very long in the tooth, and due for a revamp in 2016.

The big three German makers all offer solid sedans with different personalities. One comparison review I read many months ago put it best: the W205 may not be the best in any one category, but it does everything well and has no weaknesses. I think that's accurate ... this is a very well rounded and balanced car.

I agree with pretty much everything said above but I would also add that BMW transmissions are also superior on F30

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does anyone here actually like this car?