C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

My Blue/Purple Satin metallic W205

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 C200 AMG line, '08 C300 Sport Avantgarde, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 (gone)
Originally Posted by zibby43
+4

OP, I truly do like everything else about the "build." Good job.

Badging decision was highly questionable though, IMO.

What defines an AMG vehicle: A hand-assembled motor (the engine components themselves are not built by hand). Brake rotors and calipers that are substantially larger/more powerful than the components on standard cars. Entirely different (i.e., more robust, firmer, more aggressive) suspension systems.

What else? True limited-slip differentials for the RWD variants. More robust engine cooling. Wider front and rear tires. Stiffer elastokinematics. Unique, performance-oriented seating and steering wheel options.

I would say those are a few attributes that distinguish AMG vehicles (obviously not an exhaustive list; just the "highlights"). Until a skeptic/"non-initiated" person owns one or has the pleasure of driving one on a circuit, it might be difficult to mentally quantify how much engineering goes into the AMG cars.

I love Benz's "standard" cars too but what the AMG cars are capable of is something else.
+1 to the above.

I like what you've done with your car. Not my style, but very stylish. It would be fun to try the vinyl wrap, but don't know how to do that locally.

With regard to the AMG badges, I wouldn't do it, but to each his own. I have the AMG line trim, so my wheels, pedals, steering wheel, mats, etc. are AMG, but not the engine. I have driven several differents AMG models (on the street) and they are truly a different breed.

Anyway, I like how you have personalized your car. I imagine she's a real head-turner!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:21 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,357 Likes on 2,811 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by synaptik
every time someone puts on the badge an entire legion of amg owners show up with snide remarks. ridiculous. just go back to your own forums.
these are our forums.........you have no benz displayed in your cars, so YOU go back to your forums lol
Old 05-25-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Good grief - here we go again....!

I dunno what it is about a 3 inch by 1 inch piece of chrome plated die-cast, but without doubt it turns ordinary folks into snarling wolves.

Could I suggest that anyone who chooses to stick an AMG badge on their car to just photoshop it out if you're going to post. Then, perhaps, the AMG owners could comment on what they see, rather than what they despise.

Otherwise, Hyperion's suggestion of moving elsewhere gets more attractive. That would be a shame.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,911 Likes on 1,339 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Out of pure curiosity to actually get in your head a bit and better understand the OP:

Why did you put the amg badge on there? For looks? To represent a great breed of cars (amg) or to pay homage to amg... Or just cuz... No real reason.. You just felt it completed the look for some reason

Also... What's the maintenance on that wrap? Can you wax it?
Old 05-27-2015, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
I had some badging ideas myself. How do you think this would look?

Gonna use this:

No big deal, its just an 'homage'. I wont look liking Im posing. Amirite?
Old 05-27-2015, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Seriously, it detracts from the good work you have done. And I say that not because I drive an AMG and Im being snotty, I say that because it appears that you are representing it as something its not and thats never cool. Its as out of place as this would be:

And doing that is kind of demeaning to what that car already is. Its a great car. Be proud of it for what it is.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:25 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
That blue is very radiant. Looks great.

-Luccia
Old 05-28-2015, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C Class W204
I've been staying quiet looking at all the post of everybody's going crazy over one little simple AMG batch, I never claimed anything else besides my car being a C300 sport, it's not like I put AMG badging on each fender it & on the rear of the car,and at the end of the day the car does come batched with AMG all over the place starting from the floor mats the steering wheel the pedals, and AMG works hand-in-hand with Mercedes to develop technology that they use under AMG vehicles into the street version of the Mercedes vehicles, it's not like I'm putting up Barbus emblem and not have nothing from Barbus. I did this forum to show that you do not have to stay in that box that most Mercedes-Benz owner do when they customize their vehicle, which is just to put the typical wheels the typical tints and everybody in the forum goes 'WOW' that looks great while car looks like every other car in the forum. I do not know about everyone else in this forum but I do not like a "me to car". This is all about customization and personalization of your vehicle, if I went with what everyone else in this forum has been talking about my vehicle I would have not gotten sponsored over the weekend from wheel manufacture and a tire Manufacture with the possibility of being at Sema in November this year, and by the editors of MBWorld.org putting my forum on the front page. so I guess I'm doing something right. I will never sit here and bash anyone in this form to do what they choose with their own vehicle and your own time ,money and ideas.I thought that this forum was about Mercedes-Benz owners coming together and talking about there vehicle, talking about ideas & sharing new products and exploring the brand.so with that being said if you're sick and tired of looking at the car then it's going to get more radical it's gonna have numerous updates in the future. I probably have seen some of the members of this forum riding along the street in there Mercedes and know what you probably look like every other Mercedes out there, if that's your thing then kudos to you,good luck to everyone else in here, and here's more pics so you guys could comment on one simple little patch,it sounds kind of ridiculous when you think about it.you

Last edited by r2d2srt; 05-28-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
So can I put a Black Series Badge on my trunk or 507 Badge on my glove box? Not a big deal, right? It's nearly the same size badge already... 3x1" of goodness, homage...minus the TI connecting rods, wider track, lighter wheels, engine and trans mapping, etc..

I would never put a Black Series Badge on a non-BS AMG. Your car is truly epic without the AMG badge.

Last edited by sinape62; 05-28-2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:11 PM

'13 Infiniti G37
I personally love the way the car looks, and like OP stated, the car comes with AMG badges inside the car. Everyone focusing on 1 little thing and not admiring the car as the big picture. If its in your taste and you was the put Ford badges on it then thats your choice. In the end its your car do with it as you please. True car people enjoy all types of customization and vehicles. Everyone has their own taste in what they like. Again OP, car looks amazing love what you have done with it so far and looking for future updates. Im also in the Miami area, would love a meet up with other fellow MB owners in the future.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by swagger_jacker
I personally love the way the car looks, and like OP stated, the car comes with AMG badges inside the car. Everyone focusing on 1 little thing and not admiring the car as the big picture. If its in your taste and you was the put Ford badges on it then thats your choice. In the end its your car do with it as you please. True car people enjoy all types of customization and vehicles. Everyone has their own taste in what they like. Again OP, car looks amazing love what you have done with it so far and looking for future updates. Im also in the Miami area, would love a meet up with other fellow MB owners in the future.
My car does not have a single AMG badge inside (or out). AMG is stitched into the mats however. But that's it.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:46 PM

2011 C Class W204
Originally Posted by swagger_jacker
i used to live in miami, live in Tampa now, but there used to be a Benz meeting in pembroke pines, i think every friday.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:51 PM

2011 C Class W204
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
My car does not have a single AMG badge inside (or out). AMG is stitched into the mats however. But that's it.
dont know about you car, buy my's came from factory ,with the floor mats, steering wheel,Pedals and the 18 inch wheels. my friend and i have the same car , and his only has the floor mats like yours,but his has more technology package.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
r2d2srt - I hear what you're saying, and to some extent you are correct. This is definitely a spot where people who are interested in modding their cars are going to come, I like modding mine, and so thats why I'm here. For the most part, the people who come to a site like this are very passionate about cars, and with that passion comes strong opinions and feelings. If you want to push your car out there and show it to people, I don't think it's realistic that everyone is going to love it and I don't think it's realistic that people are going to hold back on how they really feel. Generally people post up their cars looking for opinions, and that is what they get, and what you got. This is not where the "I can take it or leave it" type car people are. And this is not a place for automatic "attaboy"s but it is a place for honesty. I personally like the wrap, I think it shows the lines really well, but I liked the white too (which usually does nothing for me). I think the wheels are a great choice, and I like the fitment too. I don't agree with the badging though, as I have stated. As a matter of fact, I don't see much (if any) support for it here at all. You can take from that the two positives or you can take from that the negative - thats up to you. Now you know how people feel. Have it the way you want it. If you like it and you have thick skin then carry on soldier. But if you don't like what people are saying and don't want to hear it then your choices are to debadge or stop posting pics and I would definitely avoid SEMA, where people will say stuff straight to your face.

I applaud you for doing your own thing, and I hope you keep doing it, as I think most members here would. I think the challenge people have is not with the style, but with what is perceived as a lack of authenticity. I don't think you can talk people into changing their minds on this, no matter how much you explain. Clearly, this is a hot button issue for some. You most likely didn't realize that and how could you have, really? But now you do, and you see that it really takes away from the other good things you have done, so its up to you what you want to do about that, if anything.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

So bmw 5 series here

Last edited by PeterUbers; 05-28-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

The car looks awesome
Old 05-28-2015, 09:31 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by 604 C63
As a matter of fact, I don't see much (if any) support for it here at all.
I support it, firstly because I find it hilarious that people get so upset over the use of the logo, and secondly because the car doesn't pretend to be a C63. It's not replicating anything that Mercedes has done on the 'genuine' AMG C-Class cars. An AMG badge doesn't make an AMG car IMO - the C63 or C63S badge does that job.

I actually really like the placement on the grille - Merc may even pinch that idea in the future.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by DBOC205
I actually really like the placement on the grille - Merc may even pinch that idea in the future.
This part I agree with.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:06 PM
XPS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Golf
I'll be blunt and say it, anyone putting an AMG badge must have an inclination to advertise their car as one. (Or rather put it, posing.) "An AMG badge doesn't make an AMG car IMO" What differentiates an AMG is from the inside out, and is much more than an appearance package. A real AMG deserves an AMG badge, not one that wasn't specifically tuned for it. Anyone with the knowledge would know, but for those who don't, obviously wouldn't.

I could take my baseline Golf and add an R: Golf R. Sure some people would notice, but then there are those who wouldn't and I could easily fool them, right? Maybe. Intentionally or not.

If it's such a common or accepted practice, you'll be seeing more and more custom cars with it, and that really degrades the quality in which the designation it is intended for.

DBOC205, I suppose you support such a thing and find it hilarious because people are upset over a little badge?
Not quite an argumentative tactic IMO.
While you may not agree with the rest of us regarding this particular topic, it shouldn't be a laughing matter.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:10 AM

2013 C63 Coupe
XPS: "I could take my baseline Golf and add an R: Golf R. Sure some people would notice, but then there are those who wouldn't and I could easily fool them, right? Maybe. Intentionally or not"

Exactly! I just bought a blue 2015 Golf MK7 TSI two months ago, putting Coilovers on it to give it a better handling and stance; but in no way going to badge it as an GTI or R. That's just wrong.

BTW, I do like how the rest of the OP car looks, i.e. stance, profile, choice of wheels, tires..looks perfect in those respects. Looked good in white too. Just goes to show how well Mercedes designed the W205 C-Class.

For the sake of this debate: I am an W204AMG owner, with aftermarket ECU and other mods. Can I put a Black Series Badge or 507 Badges on my car? Answer: Heck No. Even if I could, I probably have to buy cheap (made in China) copy, because more than likely Mercedes won't sell it to me unless I give them a VIN that matches a BS...I don't know, that's my guess. Anyway if I did, its just goofiness. I admire the BS or 507's and their owners not to do it. I'm guessing that Black Series or 507 owners wouldn't appreciate it.

So would it be OK to put a Black Series badge on in my case? Or should I just be happy to have a regular AMG? I'm content with having a regular C63, even though I drool over a Black Series.

(The OP car looks epic as a C-class...you don't need to make it out to be something it's not). But again it's your car, do what makes you happy.

Last edited by sinape62; 05-29-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ultimately its just a badge. If people want to put eyelashes on headlights, its their car, let them do it, a badge, stickers, paint, spoilers its entirely up to the owner.

The fact that people have an issue with it says more about those people than the owner IMHO

I can see the perspectives from all sides, I wouldn't badge mine that way, because its associated with another model. But that's not to say someone else doing it isn't entitled.

Fact is, BMW, Benz and more plaster M badges and AMG badges all over cars these days. It doesn't dilute a proper M or AMG as the market that wants those cars knows its not about a plastic badge. For the rest, who cares.

If you're offended by a badge, then that's your problem and you need to go work it out.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:03 AM

2013 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by 604 C63
r2d2srt - I hear what you're saying, and to some extent you are correct. This is definitely a spot where people who are interested in modding their cars are going to come, I like modding mine, and so thats why I'm here. For the most part, the people who come to a site like this are very passionate about cars, and with that passion comes strong opinions and feelings. If you want to push your car out there and show it to people, I don't think it's realistic that everyone is going to love it and I don't think it's realistic that people are going to hold back on how they really feel. Generally people post up their cars looking for opinions, and that is what they get, and what you got. This is not where the "I can take it or leave it" type car people are. And this is not a place for automatic "attaboy"s but it is a place for honesty. I personally like the wrap, I think it shows the lines really well, but I liked the white too (which usually does nothing for me). I think the wheels are a great choice, and I like the fitment too. I don't agree with the badging though, as I have stated. As a matter of fact, I don't see much (if any) support for it here at all. You can take from that the two positives or you can take from that the negative - thats up to you. Now you know how people feel. Have it the way you want it. If you like it and you have thick skin then carry on soldier. But if you don't like what people are saying and don't want to hear it then your choices are to debadge or stop posting pics and I would definitely avoid SEMA, where people will say stuff straight to your face.

I applaud you for doing your own thing, and I hope you keep doing it, as I think most members here would. I think the challenge people have is not with the style, but with what is perceived as a lack of authenticity. I don't think you can talk people into changing their minds on this, no matter how much you explain. Clearly, this is a hot button issue for some. You most likely didn't realize that and how could you have, really? But now you do, and you see that it really takes away from the other good things you have done, so its up to you what you want to do about that, if anything.
well said 604'C63: Maybe I was too harsh by saying its goofy in my post...(I'll edit/change) Authenticity is better choice of words.

His car does look really good, stance and all, looks good or better as real AMG (stance-wise)...very high compliments in that area.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:58 PM
XPS

Golf
Ultimately its just a badge. If people want to put eyelashes on headlights, its their car, let them do it, a badge, stickers, paint, spoilers its entirely up to the owner.

The fact that people have an issue with it says more about those people than the owner IMHO

I can see the perspectives from all sides, I wouldn't badge mine that way, because its associated with another model. But that's not to say someone else doing it isn't entitled.

Fact is, BMW, Benz and more plaster M badges and AMG badges all over cars these days. It doesn't dilute a proper M or AMG as the market that wants those cars knows its not about a plastic badge. For the rest, who cares.

If you're offended by a badge, then that's your problem and you need to go work it out.
Once again, it's not "just a badge". If you understand the perspectives from all sides, it's quite a fallacy to accuse the people with issues that would require them to seek out their problems and work it out. It obviously means more to it than its physical means, which you don't seem to have understood.

Take a look at this poll for instance and see for yourself. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/gener...amg-mercs.html Presumably, we the majority have an issue and must seek our inner energy to work it out.

Let me compare it to apples to oranges. I am a medical doctor; took 4 years of undergraduate, 4 years of medical school, 3 years of residency, and currently taking a fellowship in cardiology. After all the hard work and countless examinations, I am entitled to be called a doctor, especially within a hospital setting. In reality, there has been a heated debate regarding Nurse Practitioners calling themselves "doctors" in a hospital setting. Indeed, they graduated from a DNP but from a public standpoint, they will confuse the general population and they also did not go through a proper medical school nor do they have anywhere close to the medical science knowledge as a MD.

Because "doctor" is not simply just a title; it means much more to the people who have earned it.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you. You have made my point perfectly.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:18 PM
XPS

Golf
Thank you. You have made my point perfectly.

Nothing personal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Blue/Purple Satin metallic W205