C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

if you are thinking of buying a c class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 06:07 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
if you are thinking of buying a c class

And have been reading this forum you maybe interested in my experience.

My car is a 250 bluetec 4 matic diesel break (estate). ordered early january in france delivered mid may.......seems a typical lead time. Built in Bremen with several options inc the exclusive pack (old man grill and star on bonnet available here in france), 360 camera, airmatic, hud and driving package.

Previous car was a 2012 pre facelift 220cdi glk 4matic again french spec..

Tyres are hankook (korean) which is a surprise (250/50/17) and the glass is acg (japanese) also a surprise.....am not sure if the windscreen is acoustic due to the hud but there is an unexplained marking on it and the side glass......have seen it on acoustic pilkington glass a forum member says was ordered as an option. If it is it is unexpected as it was not ordered as an option or shown as standard.

Fit and finish is very good, i have yet to wash the car but initial impressions are of no issues inside or out.

I have only covered 717 km mainly short local runs and a couple of longer runs with 3 adult passengers inc approx 150km at 110k and some periods at 130km. The engine is very well subdued and much less resonate than the 220 in the glk. it is a big improvement.

7gtronic gearbox is smooth with no jerking when changing up or down.

overall cabin noise is good with no thumping or bumping over defects and as yet the airmatic has not crashed over potholes albeit you do hear the car has hit one. tyre roar and road surface noise is audible but better than many cars. Wind noise is apparent, not noise i would associate with a window being open or a leaking seal, more that the overall ambient noise is lower so the turbulence caused by the car going through the air and air around the wing mirrors is more audible, with the sound system on it is not intrusive. But if wind noise is important to you take note on a test drive you may find it unacceptable. No squeeks creeks or rattles yet....

Burmester is clean and clear apart from one occasion when there was digital break up on a usb sourced track, we suspect the usb extension cable used had a poor connection as the track had played previously ok. It is not amazing, just a good solid clear uncoloured sound, better than the glk but that was good enough. The basic system was poor hence our speccing burmester, the grills look good to.

we have audio20 not command with garmin navigation. The shortcut buttons are good and we are finding our way around the system, being previous mercedes owners it feels fairly intuitive, but that is probably just down to experience. Garmin is a huge improvement on our old audio20 navigation.

Disappointments, the tyres are not a brand i associate with premium vehicles and they look cheaper than michelin or continental, the sidewall design is horrid. No 4matic badge......dealer assures me the car is 4 matic! So overall thus far none of the major issues discussed on this forum. The car does indeed feel a step up in quality, and one worth at least giving a test drive.

We are off to the uk soon so will post after our trip which will involve 4hrs french motorway driving each way and a trip on eurotunnel. The e class and glk both shut out the noise of the shuttle really well compared to audi a4 and passats, that will be an interesting test to see how well the c insulates occupants from external noise.

Overall our c class has delivered against expectations the reviews and advertising gumpf we are happy owners thus far.