C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Just back from a 1185 mile trip in my C300 Sport.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Just back from a 1185 mile trip in my C300 Sport.

Just got home from a trip that took me to Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Long Island, NY. I put a total of 1185 miles on the car ... the first time I've really done any extended driving in the car since getting it in April.

Before leaving, my dealer updated both the Keyless Go and engine module software, as well as replacing the fuel shutoff valve to deal with an intermittent fill problem. In the 11 days I was gone, Keyless Go worked flawlessly and I only hit one gas pump that required me to hold the pump handle manually for a normal fill. The transmission did shift more smoothly than before, and the car started in first gear while in Comfort mode.

I hit horrible traffic for much of the trip, with three hour delays heading down, and two hour delays on the leg out to NY. Outside temperatures often hit 90 F, but the climate control did a great job keeping my wife and I comfortable. I can finally say that the ventilated seats do actually work, and in that heat they had an obvious cooling effect on the seat backs. I also drove through several violent thunderstorms, and the car remained stable and the wipers were able to keep up.

I hit a variety of road surfaces, from smooth to WTF? I nailed a couple of awful potholes that I thought would blow a tire or bend a rim, but nothing bad happened. The Sport suspension was fine on most surfaces, but did feel rough over pavement breaks and choppy surfaces.

The seats were really good and both my wife and I commented on how good we felt when we got out of the car. No aching backs or discomfort at all.

BLIS was a big help, especially in heavy traffic. Any time a car was close when I turned on my directionals, it gave off warning beeps so I wouldn't turn too early.

Fuel economy was surprisingly good given all the traffic I hit. My overall, start to stop, finish for the entire trip was 30.5 mpg (US) with an observed high of 34.2 during one stretch. I did not check this against actual fuel used but, in the past, the computer has been extremely accurate when checked.

I did reach speeds of up to 80 mph with no audible wind noise, although road noise could get loud on some surfaces. I had a chance to spend some time in a brand new Jeep Cherokee, a fairly new BMW 328i, and a Toyota Camry. By far, the quietest and most comfortable car in this group was my C300. Everyone was impressed with the exterior and interior styling of the car. Several times I had four adults in the car, and everyone was comfortable. The only negative comment was that exit from the rear seating area was difficult.

Basically, my C300 was perfect and a great car to be in for this trip.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
StanNH, Thanks for posting your experience. I just got my first Mercedes (2015 C300) a few weeks ago and this post boosts my confidence and increases the feel good feeling.

-Srikanth
Old 08-05-2015, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Nice! I'm glad you enjoyed the C on a long trip. And glad there were no niggles to mar the trip for you.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Mercedes C300
Awesome. I also found mpg is really good. I got 38.5 in full highway drive at 70mph average. That's actually 4mpg more than the official figure.

I observed if you drive with cruise mode, it gives better milage as if the car knows best way to control the speed.

-Ayan