C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

First time C Class owners, which brand are you coming from?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 01:30 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 W205 C400 4Matic
Previous Car: 2011 VW Golf GTI w/300hp

Differences good or bad: Well, the C400 is a completely different vehicle. It's like comparing night and day. The GTI was fast. The C400 is quicker, not quite as fast though. The C400 is nicer in every way. I miss the no-brainer sunroof controls - the C400 pano roof is insanely nice, the controls for it suck. I also miss the adaptive headlights. mistake on my part for not getting the dealer to locate one with them, never again.

Favorite feature? Has to be the brake hold assist and the way it allows me to park the car. No longer have to worry about putting the car in park or setting the parking brake. It's all automatic

What do I miss from the GTI? The fun factor. It was a million smiles an hour in that car. Truly one of the best drivers cars in its class.

Will I buy another MB? My next car will probably be an AMG. My next purchase (for my wife) is on the fence though. We are considering the GLC or a Tesla.

Originally Posted by Gabster21
Thought I'd start a fun thread for all of you who have recently moved from another brand to Mercedes Benz, apologies if there is another similar thread
  1. Which car did you use to drive before?
  2. What are the major differences (good or bad) you noticed between your last ride and new C Class?
  3. What's your favorite feature from your new C Class?
  4. What do you miss the most from your previous car?
  5. Would you buy an MB as your next car or switch to another brand?

I can answer the first question (Infiniti G35) but since I just ordered my C200 which will not arrive until Jan/Feb, I can really answer the others
Old 09-21-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C450 AMG Sport
  1. Which car did you use to drive before? 2011 VW GTI
  2. What are the major differences (good or bad) you noticed between your last ride and new C Class? Comfort, luxury, cabin noise. Even though the GTI is a lot of fun, I always wish it had a tad bit more comfort when I needed it. (Was on the fence for a Golf R but the MK7 and MK6 had really similar interior)
  3. What's your favorite feature from your new C Class? AMG Dynamic Select, Canadian MK6 does not have DCC (Dynamic Chasis Control)
  4. What do you miss the most from your previous car? APR Tune, it has to be the best bang for the buck in terms of tuning...
  5. Would you buy an MB as your next car or switch to another brand? Hopefully I'll stay with MB, if they continue in this direction with outstanding interior and exterior designs, the W205, to me, is years ahead in terms of design to other competitors (3xx series, A4s, etc)
Old 10-19-2015, 06:12 PM

C200
Originally Posted by MASSC300
1. My last vehicle was a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 V6.

2. Total different vehicle than the C300 of course, I like to switch things up every couple years. I have to admit the "luxury" options of the Grand Cherokee spoiled me...and ultimately swayed me towards the Mercedes instead of a more "performance" oriented vehicle.

3. My favorite features of the W205 is the styling of the car itself, that and the beautiful interior.

4. What I miss most from my old vehicle?...Remote start, heated steering wheel & heated rear seats, and audible "beeps" when parking.

5. I would buy a Mercedes again, but my next vehicle WILL have remote start, a heated steering wheel & heated rear seats, and audible "beeps" when parking...be it a MB, or a BMW 3 Series...or an Audi A4.
I swapped a similar car. We had new 2015 Jeep GC Summit. (3000km). It had all the features imaginable, so the new C200 has a few things missing.
For us in Aust, a c250 has more features and a ton of expensive optionals. The Jeep was more expensive too. So we got cash back on the Summit.
I also miss the audible beeps. Every other car has them and I was surprised to not be able to change the setting. I can live without most other stuff. And our next model will be a C250 with radar cruise etc. I also love that feature. I have heated seats but miss the cooled seats of the Jeep, which had both.

Wife didn't like the Jeep. I will buy a new Ford Ranger Utility. The C200 attracts a lot of looks. I guess most would imagine it is a very expensive car.

Last edited by Ashpix; 10-19-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:48 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C 180 AMG Sportline W205
Originally Posted by l3it3r
Favorite feature? Has to be the brake hold assist and the way it allows me to park the car. No longer have to worry about putting the car in park or setting the parking brake. It's all automatic
Does the C class automatically put on the handbrake when parked? I never see the light for the handbrake unless i have pushed the handbrake button.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:54 AM

C200
It sure does. The park brake is activated on various scenarios.
Engine off, open driver door, brake on.
I can feel the brake apply on the foot brake and can hear the electric motor applied.
The light does activate when this occurs.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:49 AM

C220d Avantgarde
Originally Posted by hummerhealey
- Seat Leon
- Seat Leon FR
- Alfa Giulietta TCT

And in two weeks a C220d
Which car did you use to drive before? Alfa Giulietta TCT
What are the major differences (good or bad) you noticed between your last ride and new C Class? Good:everything: Handling, Fuel economy, space, no rattling and squeaking.

What's your favorite feature from your new C Class? Voice activated nav and Mercedes Remote Online.
What do you miss the most from your previous car? The engine sound.
Would you buy an MB as your next car or switch to another brand? Maybe, i just had this one for one week.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:29 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
  1. I have had 2 GTI's and a 3-series
  2. Even though the GTI was less powerful, it felt a lot faster than my C-class, also had DSG gear box which I love
  3. C class - the appearance both inside and out
  4. What I miss about my last car - racy exhaust note and the DSG shift pops
  5. Id buy another MB
Old 10-20-2015, 09:30 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Ashpix
It sure does. The park brake is activated on various scenarios.
Engine off, open driver door, brake on.
I can feel the brake apply on the foot brake and can hear the electric motor applied.
The light does activate when this occurs.
I don't think this is the case on the American cars. I wish mine did this, my grandmother has a Jeep Cherokee that does this lol