C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Urgh - First Real Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2015 | 07:01 PM

2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Urgh - First Real Problem

So the car has been great so far and I really do like it and enjoy it.

Yes, it has its foibles and small issues - things I was saving for Service time.

This morning, though, I jump in the car to drive to the station, for a meeting in London - as I drive out of the garage I note the COMAND Audio was not playing and the screen blank. I turned on Power button, nothing. I stopped locked and re-started a couple of times, still no COMAND. Anyway, I cursed a bit but, literally, had a train to catch, so set off.
As it was pitch black dark (5:00 am) the lights were on, I drove down the main road a truck was flashing his lights at me, furiously - that wAs when I noticed the the Intelligent Lights were firmly in High Beam, so the Adaptive Lighting function was AWOL. I also noted that the Outside temperature was off (a row of dashes) and the Parking Sensors were out too. In addition, the driver display was very dim.
Anyway, the car ran OK, so I pressed on.
When I returned to the station, in the afternoon, I started the car and, hey presto, on came the COMAND I thought that would probably be the case. What I was surprised to find was the Engine Management Light was on and remained on despite restarts
Car booked in for Friday.

Last edited by jolt8631; 09-23-2015 at 03:25 AM.