C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Moving over

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2022 EQS 580 Nautical Blue Macchiato interior.
Moving over

Hello to all w205 owners.

Enjoyed time, knowledge, & common challenges while on the forum.
Drove my C400 for about 6,000 miles & 5 months. Must say that time was both a pleasure & angst provoking with 19" tires blowing out twice in that time frame plus always present wind noise above 60 miles an hour. Constantly on the lookout for bad bumps in the road changed my driving enjoyment of the car.
Perhaps, if I lived in the south, all would be better.
Traded out my C400 for a 2014 CPO E250 this month & already have 1,400 miles on the oil burner. Had a 2011 E350 BT before the C & should have stayed in that direction. The new (2014) biturbo 4 cylinder doesn't give up much to the older 6 cylinder from MB. So far, computer has a 40.2 mpg. I will start to calculate with next fillup actual. You might remember that 2014 was a change from prior years but not like the next variant due in 2017 which promises much more. However, my car has all of my C400 options except for heads up display, but has lighting upgrade which is a great option! Sport model with less edgy suspension plus 17" MOEs. As most folks say, a real highway cruiser & not too shabby around town. I love the space inside!! Went to Home Depot & picked up 30" x 78" storm door in box & it slide right in with rear seats folded down & front seats a bit forward. As an avid golfer, trunk holds three golf bags for myself & friends
Ok, I still believe the C series is a great car that missed a few marks in its initial design & production. Always smiled when I saw mine from afar for its good looks! Driving the biturbo on twisty roads reminded me of a prior SLK experience! Best of luck to all & thanks again for sharing your commentaries & collective wisdom.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 MB Sprinter RV
I think its unreasonable for you to blame a C-class because you configured it wrong. 19" wheels on a C with sport suspension while giving you a beautiful sport ride with a good road feel, will be a terrible vehicle on rougher roads - if all you wanted was a smooth-rider.

I have a C300 Luxury with Air suspension. It rides smoother than my previous Cadillac DTS (which used to be a gold standard in smooth riding vehicles) and I love on high speeds it lowers in height and gives me a slick grip on the road.

That said, I'm glad you have found a better vehicle to your liking. In my case I would have readily paid 70-80k for my C300 ... I'm just glad, I had to spend a fraction, its really a best buy.

Originally Posted by ranord
angst provoking with 19" tires blowing out twice in that time frame plus always present wind noise above 60 miles an hour. Constantly on the lookout for bad bumps in the road changed my driving enjoyment of the car.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2022 EQS 580 Nautical Blue Macchiato interior.
Moving over

Two things.

Opinions like people will vary as well as individual needs.
Understand your buyers consonance as well as my dissonance!

Life is a journey of exploration & IMO, Low profile tires are
not for roads in northern climes with lousy surfaces. Note my prior disclaimer
of better in southern latitudes. Also admittance of not a car for me.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 MB Sprinter RV
Agree on your comment, thanks for clarifying, e-class is a great riding vehicle, I just wish they update the shape soon.

Originally Posted by ranord
Two things.

Opinions like people will vary as well as individual needs.
Understand your buyers consonance as well as my dissonance!

Life is a journey of exploration & IMO, Low profile tires are
not for roads in northern climes with lousy surfaces. Note my prior disclaimer
of better in southern latitudes. Also admittance of not a car for me.