C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Car not starting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 Infiniti G37
Car not starting?

Anyone have issues with the car not starting or reading the keyless go? Have had 2 issues now and in my mind its 2 too many. Long storys short:

1st: Took car to get washed, they went to move in forward and when pushing the button the cars dash lite up but no engine. Dash was showing many errors, (SOS INOP, Right Front Malfunction Service required, and a few others. Picture attached) tried a few times, finally pushed out of the way for further troubleshooting. End game was, exit car close door, lock/unlock 3x and sure enough car started.

2nd: Started car, got out, closed door, hit lock button, walked into by friends house 30 ft away for less then 1 min. Walked back to car grabbed handle, door opened, dash said no key found. Removed key from pocket, still nothing. Turned off car, dash said dont forget key. Pushed button to start nothing, no lights nothing. Tired a few times, finally removed button and used key. Started. Shutdown, removed key, insert button, 3x until finally started.

Car at dealer now for about a week, they say unable to duplicate but this is ridiculous, To me this is a huge safety issue and should not be brushed off by the dealer, whether they can replicate or not. I know its hard to fix something you cant see but they should keep looking into this. Would be nice to know if others have had similar incidents.
Attached Thumbnails Car not starting?-20150919_112059.jpg  
Old 10-06-2015, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
There have been some who reported keyless go issues and in almost every case, a software update from the dealer solved their problems. I'm surprised your dealer has held your car a week and hasn't checked for a software update. Maybe you need a new dealer?
Old 10-06-2015, 07:51 PM

'13 Infiniti G37
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
There have been some who reported keyless go issues and in almost every case, a software update from the dealer solved their problems. I'm surprised your dealer has held your car a week and hasn't checked for a software update. Maybe you need a new dealer?
In their defense, i did give them a list a mile long of things that need to be fixed; Wind noise on highway( common one), drivers window rattle, Speaker rattle/vibration, vibration in steering wheel when turning, wiper chatter/squeeking, headlight seem very low (lighting package). I mentioned the software updates, and they said i was current with everything. They were supposed to call me yesterday to let me know what was going on but have yet to hear from them. So i guess until then, mileage and tolls paid for by the dealer. too bad its a base model car.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:01 PM

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
C63P
I've had the same as you problem #2 a few times now.

Before it was the car simply would not unlock and would not recognize the key when I would touch the handle. I've resorted to using the mbrace app to unlock remotely, but that is probably just a placebo as it takes just a long to wait for the car to "wake up" and the car starts recognizing the keyfob.

Then recently (this happened 3 times). I would unlock the car, get in and try to start it with the button. It would tell me something like "Remove Button, Insert Key", no matter how many times I tried (exited, locked, unlocked). So I had to do that and the car starts just fine

I'm sick of this **** with the keyless entry/start.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by mozy
I've had the same as you problem #2 a few times now.

Before it was the car simply would not unlock and would not recognize the key when I would touch the handle. I've resorted to using the mbrace app to unlock remotely, but that is probably just a placebo as it takes just a long to wait for the car to "wake up" and the car starts recognizing the keyfob.

Then recently (this happened 3 times). I would unlock the car, get in and try to start it with the button. It would tell me something like "Remove Button, Insert Key", no matter how many times I tried (exited, locked, unlocked). So I had to do that and the car starts just fine

I'm sick of this **** with the keyless entry/start.
There is a Keyless Go software update that fixes all issues with the fob not being recognized. I had mine done in July and have had no further issues.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:59 AM

'13 Infiniti G37
Originally Posted by StanNH
There is a Keyless Go software update that fixes all issues with the fob not being recognized. I had mine done in July and have had no further issues.
Mentioned software updates to the dealer and they said that everything was up to date. I dont believe them but im not a mechanic so.... I honestly dont even like the car anymore and would love to get rid of it. I am paying way too much for a car that "kinda" works properly.

I mentioned to the dealer about a shifting difference i felt with the loaner car and mine. The loaner car was nice and smooth, Mine is either eco or race mode it feels like.

Im just waiting for my other one to get out of the shop and i will drive it everyday and turn this one into a lawn ornament i guess. "MB the best or nothing"
Old 10-09-2015, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by swagger_jacker
Mentioned software updates to the dealer and they said that everything was up to date. I dont believe them but im not a mechanic so.... I honestly dont even like the car anymore and would love to get rid of it. I am paying way too much for a car that "kinda" works
If you ask them to specifically check for the Keyless Go update they will find it. Otherwise all they get are general software updates for your VIN, which may not cover a specific issue.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:42 AM

'13 Infiniti G37
I think its funny that we have to go onto a forum diagnose our issues ourselves with the help from others and then go to the dealership and tell them what to do. What are we paying them for if we are doing all the work? They cant even do the research themselves anymore, if you go in for an issue and they cant figure it out or it doesnt happen at that point its a normal default, "oh we couldnt duplicate it" or " oh that normal" or "yea my (insert another brand car here) does the same thing sometimes". Since when are we comparing MB with cheaper cars like Dodge, Kia, Honda, ect? Thats what i got for an excuse oh this issue. "My 2010 Dodge truck has the same issue reading the key sometimes". Im not expert but last i remember Dodge trucks didnt have Keyless Go option in 2010.

On another note 2015 MB C300 For Sale, Runs great, runs just like a Yugo.