C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Software updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MErcedes C Class 220cdi AMG line
Software updates

Excuse the question of it is stupid or obvious but here goes. As I get updates for apps on my mobile every day are there updates for the on board computer, command system is it called? If so how do you get them?
Old 11-19-2015, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by rmc76
Excuse the question of it is stupid or obvious but here goes. As I get updates for apps on my mobile every day are there updates for the on board computer, command system is it called? If so how do you get them?
There are but your dealer needs to install them and you won't know until they hook up your car if you need any.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:49 PM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
I have found that dealers are very reluctant to install any updates unless you report a problem. They don't want to update just for the sake of having the most recent versions. I think their thought is that if it isn't broken, don't fix it.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:24 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
There's a lot of software bugs out there. They really need to do a better job of resolving them. The updates I just got a month ago caused new problems with the stereo. Ridiculous.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by RemmyZero
There's a lot of software bugs out there. They really need to do a better job of resolving them. The updates I just got a month ago caused new problems with the stereo. Ridiculous.
Yeah same here. My sub seems to cut in and out after the latest round of updates. What issues are you having?
Old 11-29-2015, 08:47 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
Originally Posted by ItchyTasty
Yeah same here. My sub seems to cut in and out after the latest round of updates. What issues are you having?
Nothing that makes the car un-driveable thankfully but here are my issues:

1) Rough shifting in sport and comfort mode: the car shifted really rough before and after the software update it's still a noticeably rough shift, however, it is a definite improvement over when I bought the car.

2) Stereo responds slowly to click wheel inputs: timing has improved with the software update, however, since the update was installed there is a new issue where the cover art/data for songs/podcasts played through USB do not show up. The screen just says "entry 17" or "entry 36" with no titles, scrollbars or information. This happened as soon as I picked the car up from service so the update definitely has new bugs.

3) The Garmin system is slow to calculate and initial route and VERY slow to re-route once off track: the updates to the Garmin navigation system did not significantly improve the re-routing issue where it takes a considerably long time for the computer to re-route. I’ll continue to play around with this thought since I’m only driving the car around town. The unit also consistently gives me routes that are 10-15 minutes longer than they should be, even though I set it to "fastest route" in the nav settings.

4) Many times when I would turn on the climate control it would take 3-4 minutes (or longer) for the fans to turn on: I was told the technicians said this is normal until the engine warms up. I don't necessarily believe this is true because one morning I got in the car when the outside temperature was in the 40s and the cabin fans started right up when the car started and were blowing cold air (as expected). Other times when the engine is fully warm it still takes 3-4 minutes or longer for the fans to turn on. So either the techs are right and I have a problem because the fans started when the car started the other day, or the techs are wrong and I have a problem because sometimes the fans are delayed. Either way, I have a problem.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
I did once apparently get a software update for my navigation system that came directly from Verizon Technical Services, without a trip to the dealer.

I called MB-USA about a Send2Benz error which consistently showed the wrong name for any location sent to the car via the MBrace app. It would take random names from my existing destinations list, but never register the one assigned to the new location. They entered my VIN into their system and told me they were aware of the problem and a fix would be available soon. A couple of weeks later I noticed a new destination listed on my navigation screen and it was VZT, which is Verizon Technical Services in Atlanta, GA. I never received any notification from MB-USA, but the problem never occurred again. (VZT is who MB uses here.)
Old 12-02-2015, 06:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 c300
My sub tends to fade in and out with volume changes when listening to the fm radio or any other source that is a lower quality audio. Also as a general statement the sub has less umph across the board. Supposedly the command update was intended to improve audio quality. In my case I feel that it made it worse. The best part of it all is that my dealer did the update as an attempt to stop the speaker rattle. If anyone knows of a decent dealer in north east Mass please Let me know. BTW... This is not a rant I still love my car... Just hate the dealerships and miss my bass.😟
Old 12-02-2015, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by Matts2015c300
My sub tends to fade in and out with volume changes when listening to the fm radio or any other source that is a lower quality audio. Also as a general statement the sub has less umph across the board. Supposedly the command update was intended to improve audio quality. In my case I feel that it made it worse. The best part of it all is that my dealer did the update as an attempt to stop the speaker rattle. If anyone knows of a decent dealer in north east Mass please Let me know. BTW... This is not a rant I still love my car... Just hate the dealerships and miss my bass.😟
Auto volume not on by accident?
Old 12-02-2015, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Good point. Auto volume totally messes up the audio response of the system. I thought Bose had the worst implementation of this feature, but the Burmester is even worse.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 c300
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Just tried to find auto volume in my settings. What menu is it listed under?
Old 12-03-2015, 08:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S205 C200 Sport
Originally Posted by Matts2015c300
Just tried to find auto volume in my settings. What menu is it listed under?
http://moba.i.daimler.com/baix/cars/...er_03_19.shtml
Old 12-06-2015, 02:56 PM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
Just added Siri Eyes Free. I have a Ford Taurus as my company car. Ford is pretty good at distributing updates to their SYNC system. I just downloaded and installed the recent update that added Siri Eyes Free to the Ford. It works great. I wish Benz would do the same. I'd like to have Siri Eyes Free in the Benz for now, until CarPlay is available.