C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Easy shortcut for radio presets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Easy shortcut for radio presets

I saw this on another forum, tried it, and it works.

Saving favorites or "presets" has always been cumbersome using the method described in the manual. Basically, you swipe down and select "Options," then down to "Edit" and eventually you swipe right to get into the preset list. It's a real PITA and not particularly user friendly. Here's the easy way to do it.

All you have to do is press and hold the touchpad. The preset list opens right up and is ready to edit. To save a new preset, scroll down to an open slot and click on it. Whichever station is playing is now saved to that slot.

I don't know if I just missed this somewhere in the manual or if it's not well documented, but it certainly is a much simpler way of saving your presets.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
That is exactly how I've been doing it since I got my car. It's how the delivery concierge showed me and you're right, it's simple and intuitive.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C400
Any car I have ever been in I have always held the button to set a preset. Whether it was a number on the radio itself or on a controller its always been automatic for me for that to be the first thing I do

Definitely not trying to be a**hole at all, just saying thats always the first thing i do in a car.

Also, the way I've been doing it which works the same way is hold down on the rotating control knob (couldn't think of a better name for it) and that will bring up the preset menu too.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by StanNH
I saw this on another forum, tried it, and it works.

Saving favorites or "presets" has always been cumbersome using the method described in the manual. Basically, you swipe down and select "Options," then down to "Edit" and eventually you swipe right to get into the preset list. It's a real PITA and not particularly user friendly. Here's the easy way to do it.

All you have to do is press and hold the touchpad. The preset list opens right up and is ready to edit. To save a new preset, scroll down to an open slot and click on it. Whichever station is playing is now saved to that slot.

I don't know if I just missed this somewhere in the manual or if it's not well documented, but it certainly is a much simpler way of saving your presets.

THANK YOU!!