C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

So what do you hate about your W205?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 05:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C Class 200 sport petrol auto
Got to say that after a year I still haven't come to terms at how bad the standard sound system is.

Not sure if America or this car in America has DAB radio. DAB is digital radio and unlike FM is heavily sound compressed so to squeeze multitudes of stations into a limited frequency range. The cars standard sound system has just 4 door speakers when most cars have eight. My sons Kia Rio sounds better than my car which is kind of upsetting and the DAB just makes it sound worse.

Also after a year I still haven't found out how I can get standard FM out of the radio. Whenever I do I search on the radio it just picks up muffled DAB. Yes I can remember the days of just pressing a button to change from AM to FM in my previous cars.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
It's incredibly cynical of MB to make that the standard system in the W205. The "Burmester" should have been standard, with a premium option like the E and S have. (I put it in quotes because it's all harman/kardon stuff).
Old 02-28-2017, 12:19 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
This may have been said already, but every day I hate the column shifter more than the day before. I also regret getting the AMG steering wheel. I wish I had the leather grip, I hate the alcantara, it was okay for the first month or so, but now, it just wear badly and feel cheap, I find myself holding the top of the steering wheel instead.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:35 AM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Originally Posted by LAC300
I just open the door, puts it in park, saves a step. I really like the column shifter, it saves a lot of space on the center console, and all the automakers are shifting (pun intended) to gimmicks, the rotary knob being the worst offender.

It doesn't save any material amount of fuel, it gets MB a higher MPG rating which they need for federal regulations (it's a box to check).
I totally agree that auto start/stop is meant to help on the EPA cycle, but disagree that it doesn't save a material amount of fuel. Obviously this depends a whole bunch on where and how you drive. AAA tests had the savings at 7 percent, Ford says 3-5 in typically driving, but up to 10% if you do lots of stop and go (which unfortunately, I do). At 7%, you'll get an extra 1.5 MPG if you were averaging 22 MPG. You'll get less improvement in hot climates where it only stops for a short time at lights as the AC is needed.

I totally get the argument that at today's fuel prices (at least here in the US), that even 7% is only saving $150 per year or so, but in terms of other impacts, it is not totally insignificant.

Originally Posted by autopal
This may have been said already, but every day I hate the column shifter more than the day before. I also regret getting the AMG steering wheel. I wish I had the leather grip, I hate the alcantara, it was okay for the first month or so, but now, it just wear badly and feel cheap, I find myself holding the top of the steering wheel instead.
Many people seem to hate the column shifter so there is obviously good reason for the dislike, but I personally don't understand why. I'm with LAC300 above, most cars are going to different shifters (rotary **** on Chryslers, push buttons on Acuras, and plenty of others), and I find the MB less intrusive than the others and saves a little more space. Also, I basically use it once (or twice if backing out) when I start the drive and another once or twice when I stop. Any actual gear changing is done with the paddles, so that's more important to me, and that location is just fine.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by autopal
I agree with the AMG steering wheel statement. I test drove one with it and I wasn't sold. Didn't like it.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Estate
Yes. Have your music collection on personal cloud at home then log into that then Bluetooth your music from your phone to the car works great
Old 12-14-2020, 04:45 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG Estate
This is so true. I often drive my ex about and her back is problematic and she loves heated seats and in my old W202 I could just switch the heated seat on from the dash but now it’s out of reach and she won’t switch it on so I still have to lean over and switch it on for her. Same with my girlfriend she won’t switch it on either
Old 12-14-2020, 07:01 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG Estate
This is so true. I often drive my ex about and her back is problematic and she loves heated seats and in my old W202 I could just switch the heated seat on from the dash but now it’s out of reach and she won’t switch it on so I still have to lean over and switch it on for her. Same with my girlfriend she won’t switch it on either