C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Spacesaver Spare with Non-Runflats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C400
Spacesaver Spare with Non-Runflats?

Hi All,

My front 19" Contis hit their wear bars at a tick over 10,000 miles (C400 4matic). I got a flat in a rear tire too, so I replaced all four with Michelin Pilot Super Sport max performance non-runflats. The PSSes are about $100 less each, and are much more compliant - but of course, if you have a flat, you are stuck.

As you all probably know, the trunk is too small to store a tire below its floor, so I am looking to buy a small steel wheel w/tire for emergencies and accepting the lose of trunk space. Does anyone know of an inexpensive small "spacesaver" type wheel/tire combo that will fit the lug nut pattern? The plan is to use that for short drives to a tire store in the event of a flat. I don't want to buy a 5th full size OEM AMG wheel and tire ($1,100 for the wheel alone).

Thanks for any leads.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C450, Volvo V60 cc
Originally Posted by heyjoe
Hi All,

Does anyone know of an inexpensive small "spacesaver" type wheel/tire combo that will fit the lug nut pattern? The plan is to use that for short drives to a tire store in the event of a flat. I don't want to buy a 5th full size OEM AMG wheel and tire ($1,100 for the wheel alone).

Thanks for any leads.

I think you will find options, but you need to confirm the fit. Also note, MB sells spare wheels. They just don't come standard. You just need to check with the part's manager. I have a compact spare on order for my C450. It is actually a collapsable spare. I am waiting for my dealer to confirm fitment since the first wheel they ordered was for the C300. I am expecting the wheel to be in the $400-500 range.