C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

205 Water Leak in Boot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 07:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W 205 c220d 2018
205 Water Leak in Boot

Hi All,
This is just my second post here and wondered if anybody could help...

While installing my dashcam, I noticed water in the well below the lining in the boot. There was also water close to the electrics but not among them fortunately. None of the MB dealerships I have spoken to have come across this in a 205, but I guess not too many owners have had to go into that area so might be more prevalent than we think.

The car has been with the supplying dealership for a week now and they seem to be struggling to find the source, but at least they have given me a nice upgrade from my car, an AMG Sport.

I just wondered if anybody else has come across this as a problem and what the outcome was...Any help will be appreciated and hopefully will be able to reciprocate sometime soon.

ERnie
Old 01-11-2016, 09:10 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
So you're saying you've got water under the panel in the boot but no sign of dampness above it?? .. very odd, because that surely means it's coming in from underneath somehow.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:17 AM

W 205 c220d 2018
Yes, that's right; no dampness above. Without completely stripping the lining out myself, I could see some globules around the bumper bolts and below the electrics. There was also a fair amount in the lower well. As far as I could see, the water was clear as in rainwater as distinct from road spray.

However, the garage have just phoned to say they have now found and rectified the problem, so if I can get some info from them, I'll update this thread for posterity.

Ernie
Old 01-12-2016, 12:05 PM

W 205 c220d 2018
Just to update...What they said was that the water was coming in through the boot aperture seal and running behind the trim to the well below.

The removed and refitted the seal and retested and found to be OK. Hopefully that should cure it!

Ernie
Old 04-01-2017, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 premium amg iridium 2015 64 plate
My car was in workshop (again) for led door handle replacement whist I waited at dealership. They called me through to workshop to show me 2inches of water in boot well . They had never come across this on this model so arranged a revisit to sort. Kept car 2 days and found leak was from rear lens seal so refitted with new seal/mastic. Had this car two years and must have been in dealership 20 times. Pano roof shattered but they replaced under warranty after some discussion ( had loaner for a month as the parts were not available ). Replaced front windows due to wind noise - eventually after numerous refit of doors seals etc , led lights 5 times , auto shift jerky in twice to reprogrammed , elec seats/heated seat failed had to wait 5 weeks for parts , sat navy freezing , creaking interior fittings and rattles drives me potty so usually just turn up the volume & various other issues fixed on services. Tyre wear heavy and all pads replaced at 2nd service The look of the car itself is stunning in iridium ,black interior and tinted windows and interior was what sold me even without a test drive. Due for renewal this year looked at e class coupe but I am going for new 5 series 530e Had a 525 before and never had issues with quality etc so and previously had 2nr 3 series never any issues so going back to BMW. I can't be alone in this scenario shame because I still think the merc looks better but don't want the hassle in future First timer on forum and but read all posts over last two years and found most posts useful and let's me know it's not me that just finds faults seems the same issues over and over again. Would welcome any comments regarding my experiences