C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Audio 20 to Comand NTG5 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C180 / 96 Nissan Skyline R33
Audio 20 to Comand NTG5 Upgrade

As users of Audio 20 know it is a very slow system and nearly useless compared to the functions of Comand system. However due to restrictions from MB to my country, it is the only thing that can't be ordered in the options list. Is there a way to find NTG5 system from somewhere else to retrofit it or what to look for when getting one?
Old 01-14-2016, 04:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 C250, W245 B180CDI
It is possible - video:
Old 06-07-2017, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz c250 AMG Kit (w205)
Iam currently undergoing this process. now depends on your vehicle base you can upgrade to command.

I purchased my car from Germany, it had Audio 20 with europian Garmin maps, i wanted to upgrade to Command online so i purchased a unit from the internet, screen, and the mouse controller, and went through the installation, after it was done the Antitheft code was required, so the company sent me the code and i entered the code, and voalla! it worked.

i bought the maps from a dealer and he ran them into my unit, and everything went perfectly well. however i have one issue with the rear view camera, as its not working, it shows scrambled screen. now iam waiting for my coding engineer with Xentry to perform this for me and program the camera module. will keep you posted once its done.

P.S i have some features that are needs to be requested such as the air freshener and HUD, the engineer needs to program those manually, if it worked then great, other wise he needs to do Online coding VIA mercedes servers, which requires a user name and a password.

hope this answers your question!
Old 06-08-2017, 04:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes c220 4matic AMG line
Originally Posted by Hisham Huneidi
Iam currently undergoing this process. now depends on your vehicle base you can upgrade to command.

I purchased my car from Germany, it had Audio 20 with europian Garmin maps, i wanted to upgrade to Command online so i purchased a unit from the internet, screen, and the mouse controller, and went through the installation, after it was done the Antitheft code was required, so the company sent me the code and i entered the code, and voalla! it worked.

i bought the maps from a dealer and he ran them into my unit, and everything went perfectly well. however i have one issue with the rear view camera, as its not working, it shows scrambled screen. now iam waiting for my coding engineer with Xentry to perform this for me and program the camera module. will keep you posted once its done.

P.S i have some features that are needs to be requested such as the air freshener and HUD, the engineer needs to program those manually, if it worked then great, other wise he needs to do Online coding VIA mercedes servers, which requires a user name and a password.

hope this answers your question!

How much did you pay it on ebay please?
Old 12-18-2018, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E220 CDI
I already found many used NTG5 units, probably I'll buy one. Do you need Xentry to activate the Comand while retrofiting? or it is just plug and play ?