C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2013 C250 Auto Climate Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C250
Cool 2013 C250 Auto Climate Control

Recently, on a rainy night, in an effort to quickly clear my fogging windows I pressed buttons on my dash control. Evidently I pressed just the "right" series of buttons that has now affected my ability to turn on/off my auto control. Prior to the "reset" I could turn off the auto function by pressing the "Auto" control and the AC would remain on. However, now I must press the "off" button to turn off the entire system and then press the AC button to resume the AC.
As a note, I utilize turning off the "Auto" during the summer when I start the engine and the AC fan begins blasting trying to cool the interior. The blasting fan is annoying and loud, especially if trying to carry on a conversation. Usually once I have driven for a bit, I can turn on the "Auto" and the fan doesn't blast quite as strong.
Looking for anyone who has experienced this and would love to know the sequence of buttons I could press to return to the former operation. Naturally, the MB manual nor the local dealer was of any help with this.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:14 PM
RTX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015, W205, C 220 BlueTEC AMG Line
It's called AUTO for a reason, the fans could be on 2 or 6 depending on the temperature you've set, cabin and outside air temperature.
This is the expected behavior, and it works flawlessly (it get noisy on high fan, but other than that, it's perfect).
Summer tip: drive with windows down for about minute (AC on AUTO), then optionally (depending on your preference) reduce the fan to 2.
Winter tip: drive with windows up (AC on AUTO), then optionally (depending on your preference) reduce the fan to 2.
SYNC ON always.
Make sure all vents are open (duh).

Last edited by RTX; 01-23-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by carmar10
Recently, on a rainy night, in an effort to quickly clear my fogging windows I pressed buttons on my dash control. Evidently I pressed just the "right" series of buttons that has now affected my ability to turn on/off my auto control. Prior to the "reset" I could turn off the auto function by pressing the "Auto" control and the AC would remain on. However, now I must press the "off" button to turn off the entire system and then press the AC button to resume the AC.
As a note, I utilize turning off the "Auto" during the summer when I start the engine and the AC fan begins blasting trying to cool the interior. The blasting fan is annoying and loud, especially if trying to carry on a conversation. Usually once I have driven for a bit, I can turn on the "Auto" and the fan doesn't blast quite as strong.
Looking for anyone who has experienced this and would love to know the sequence of buttons I could press to return to the former operation. Naturally, the MB manual nor the local dealer was of any help with this.
Did you ask if anyone in the W204 thread has noticed this? This is the W205 thread, meaning model year 2015 and up.