C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

New to Forum, need some advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
n/A
New to Forum, need some advice

Hi guys

not sure if I posted in the right place previously so will redo! I have just registered as I have been reading this forum for a few months and have found it very informative. I now need some advice as I am looking to purchase my first MB- a white 2014 w205 C250 with less than 20,000kms. It comes with a number of options as well as a pano roof. Absolutely love the look of the car but unsure about taking this step after reading many stories about faults and reliability issues. Also,what are your thoughts on pano roof in the hot aussie climate especially with plus 38 deg days, so especially looking for some input from Australian owners.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2016, 05:45 AM

C Class W205 C250
Pano roof in Aust

I live in Sydney where the summer temps can sometimes get to 40+ degreesC, the direct sun does penetrate the cabin and if you park in the sun then you will have a problem, especially if you have black interior. To give you an idea of how little block out protection the black glass and interior blind give, street lights are visible at night through the closed pano roof. I do like the roof but am always looking for shade when parking in summer.
Regards
Greg.R
Old 02-09-2016, 12:35 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Cannot comment on the pano roof nor hot temps as I am based in france but I have a may 2015 s205 (estate) 250 diesel 4matic. I have had only 1 issue with the car when the plastic seatback cover became detached due to the glue failing on the 2 clips holding it in place. Quickly mended by the dealer.

The car has covered 12,300 km with no mechanical issues. I did ask for the 7gtronic update having read about it here and having experienced very very occasional reluctance to change up since the update about 2mths ago it has not occured.

No burmester issues I really like the system. Wind noise evident in certain conditions but not noise associated with faulty seals rather noise of the car passing through the air and different turbulance in different conditions.

Fit and finish is very good.

Overall I am very pleased with the car. I travelled in a renault kangoo today not sure if you have them in aus but boy what a difference a tin box on wheels decked out with nasty plastic....deafening and boneshaking the c class is luxurious in comparison worthy of the description of a luxury car.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:21 AM

n/A
Thank you Greg and Parkwood for your quick and informative responses. That is what makes this a great forum to be a part of.

After experiencing a run of 40+ degrees C days in Perth lately, not sure how appealing the pano roof is although our cars are generally garaged or under cover for long periods of the day. A family member has just bought a ML350 with a sunroof. It has a much thicker sliding cover so that may be the type of sunroof to go with (although I must admit I do like the look of the panoroof especially on a white car).

Also great to hear that any issues you had experienced with your car Parkwood seemed to be either minor fixes or not too problematic.