C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Interior Trim Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 04:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C220 AMG Line
Interior Trim Question

Morning All,

I traded my C220 AMG Line Premium in September for an ML250 AMG Line. The ML is a truly amazing car but I miss the C, the interior is a thing of absolute beauty. So, i've ordered another one! This time i've got a C220 AMG Line with Premium Plus pack, upgraded 19" wheels and privacy glass. Can't wait for the Burmeister system and the bigger Comand screen!

One concern I do have is regarding the interior trim. When I put a deposit down on the car the salesman told me it had the black ash wood trim (My previous C had the gloss black and aluminium). I told him that I wanted the aluminium on the doors but the black ash wood in the centre, he said that's exactly how it will arrive. Great, perfect I though!

Being the obsessive that I am I got home and started researching and found that you can configure the coupe like this (Aluminium on the doors and black ash wood in the centre) but not the saloon. When you specify the black ash wood on the saloon it automatically puts it everywhere, there's no way of having aluminium with black ash wood.

So, I went back to the salesman and told him and he then agreed that I was right. He says he has a "Fix" for it but can't divulge any information or commit to it before speaking to his manager. I'm assuming he's going to replace the door trims with aluminium ones?

Has anybody ever replaced the door trims on the W205? How involved is it?
Old 02-22-2016, 06:31 AM

W205 C220 AMG Line
Anybody?
Old 02-23-2016, 03:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
I simply wouldn't.

The wood trim on the doors looks fantastic and will set off the Burmester Grilles far nicer.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:25 AM

W205 C220 AMG Line
I'm a bigger fan of the aluminium on the doors I'm afraid. Anybody have any ideas how difficult they are to remove and replace?
Old 02-23-2016, 12:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
C450
Originally Posted by ManchesterMan
I'm a bigger fan of the aluminium on the doors I'm afraid. Anybody have any ideas how difficult they are to remove and replace?
It shouldn't be that laborious. Door panel are straightforward to remove and since multiple finishes are available for the car they should be modular and swappable without specialty equipment.

However, if the dealer is handling it all for you it shouldn't matter much. Sit back and relax.