C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

A few questions before I buy a W205

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
A few questions before I buy a W205

Hello everyone!

I'm brand new here on the forums, and a prospective new MB owner. I have a couple questions that I posted on Reddit, but I just found out about this forum, and I reckon there isn't a better place for knowledgeable answers . The car I'm looking at is a CPO 2015 c300 with sport, premium 1 and multimedia packages.

1) Since there is no carplay, some people use bluetooth and some people use usb for their iPhone. My question is, can you use both at the same time (bluetooth for hands free calling and usb for music transfer)? I've read that the audio quality for music is somewhat questionable over bluetooth, and there is no album artwork, etc, but I don't want to be without handsfree over comand. Likewise, the ability to charge my iPhone is nice.

2) Thoughts on mbrace for its value? I like the features, and don't think I would go for the plus version, but what is everyones quick take? I'm sure this top has been beat to death, so a quick response is fine.

3) Given the various problems found in the first run of W205s, what manufacturer date for a 2015 would be considered least likely to have major problems (MB Tex, bumper misalignment, etc)

4) Is the automatic parking feature standard on this model, or is it included in a specific package? I believe its called park assist.

I know I have a few more questions that run through my head every night, so I will update accordingly. Again, I appreciate everyones help!
Old 03-31-2016, 10:15 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 E400 wagon
1) I've used both at the same time, although more by coincidence when charging my phone and selecting USB instead of Bluetooth by accident. I generally run music through bluetooth and don't notice any quality issues. Then again, my hearing's seen better days...

2) I had the Plus for two paid months beyond the trial, and realized yesterday that I hadn't used a single one of its features. So, I cancelled it. I also cancelled the basic package. It'd be nice to have an Onstar-like feature in the event of a crash, but the prices are far too high, even with the 16% discount they offered me yesterday. 50% might have worked on me, but I've never heard of any discount that high.

3) Mine is a July build, and I haven't had any of the teething issues. My only problems have been a squeaking driver's seat (resolved), and some rattles in the front doors after they installed acoustic glass in them (also resolved). That said, I wouldn't be worried about an earlier build as long as you can get the service records. Except for an unlucky few - and I know what that's like with previous cars - I think Mercedes has taken good care of all teething issues.

4) It's in the parking package with Parktronic. If it has the sensors, it'll have the parking assist. I got it purely for the sensors and never through I'd use the assist, but now I use that feature almost every time. People in Ann Arbor park way out from the curb, so if I orient myself on them when parallel parking, I end up sticking out even further. Instead of working on my parking skills, I use the parking assist, and it works beautifully every time (with no curb rash, which others have had issues with).
The following users liked this post:
der_Wolf (03-31-2016)
Old 03-31-2016, 10:27 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 c450
Amen on Mbrace, and some jerk tried to make me listen to some scare speech to cancel. I called a supervisor and gave him an alternative, cancel everything that isn't "free" or I file a complaint for deceptive or unfair trade practices with the FTC and my state.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Try to buy a 2015 C300 made AFTER April 2015. This way you won't have to worry about the whole engine wrist pin issue Mercedes is dealing with right now which involves tearing the engine apart.
The following 2 users liked this post by MASSC450:
der_Wolf (03-31-2016), sadpanda (03-31-2016)
Old 03-31-2016, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Thanks for all the replies so far guys!

I've another question that has to do with the car in the snow. Specifically, are there any rust problems? Should I get this bad boy rust proofed for the winter months even if I take it to the wash once a week?

Thanks all
Old 03-24-2019, 01:02 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 Mercedes C300 Sport 4Matic AMG Pack (W205)
Originally Posted by der_Wolf
Thanks for all the replies so far guys!

I've another question that has to do with the car in the snow. Specifically, are there any rust problems? Should I get this bad boy rust proofed for the winter months even if I take it to the wash once a week?

Thanks all
Did you ever find answers to this question?
I live in Florida, and about to purchase a 2015/16 W205 (30k miles)
I found a few in New Jersey and New York.
Would they have already any rust issues?
Or should I be safe?