C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Help the new w205 owner :D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 06:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C200
Help the new w205 owner :D

Hello mates!

Firstly I just wanted to state how much I'm in love with this beautiful car!! absolute joy!

However I just wanted some help from you guys in clarifying some minor stuff about the car.

1- I know all about how you guys are annoyed by the eco auto start function every time you turn the engine on. However I'm annoyed more about the fact that I have to turn off the collision prevention function cause I really don't need it on as it might backfire in some cases. So is there a way to deactivate it once and for all? and will the warning beep shut off when I deactivate it?

2- How do I connect the companion app to the car? I don't seem to find anything on the app that allows me to do so.

3- How do I turn on the automatic adjustment function on the seatbelt (hug function)?

4- When is the recommended mileage to start hitting the gas and go for the sport and sport+ mode?

Lastly, some picture of the brilliant blue c200

Help the new w205 owner :D-fullsizerender-2-.jpg

Help the new w205 owner :D-fullsizerender-1-.jpg

Help the new w205 owner :D-fullsizerender.jpg
Old 04-11-2016, 06:53 AM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 W205 C400 4Matic
1. Leave it on. I've had it save my *** twice, and has never activated without cause. I have driven the (decidedly more powerful) C400 to the limit (130+mph), and in stop and go DC traffic, and never once has the system done more than alert me when there was a possible situation, only ever stepping in when there was a true emergency. Unless you're taking your car to the track where you're going to be in TRUE bumper to bumper traffic (rubbing is racing) LEAVE IT ON.

2. Forget about the companion app. Forget about the built in apps. They're useless. You have an iPhone? Android phone? Use that instead. Cancel the service, save yourself some money, time, and headache.

3. I didn't know there was a setting? I just get in, turn it on, belt in, get hugged, and drive off.

4. not sure about the 200, but the 400 and I whisked off in high-rpm goodness only after about 500 miles - have had zero mechanical issues at all..

as for rattles...
The following users liked this post:
Samthekid (04-11-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 07:54 AM

C200
Originally Posted by l3it3r
1. Leave it on. I've had it save my *** twice, and has never activated without cause. I have driven the (decidedly more powerful) C400 to the limit (130+mph), and in stop and go DC traffic, and never once has the system done more than alert me when there was a possible situation, only ever stepping in when there was a true emergency. Unless you're taking your car to the track where you're going to be in TRUE bumper to bumper traffic (rubbing is racing) LEAVE IT ON.

2. Forget about the companion app. Forget about the built in apps. They're useless. You have an iPhone? Android phone? Use that instead. Cancel the service, save yourself some money, time, and headache.

3. I didn't know there was a setting? I just get in, turn it on, belt in, get hugged, and drive off.

4. not sure about the 200, but the 400 and I whisked off in high-rpm goodness only after about 500 miles - have had zero mechanical issues at all..

as for rattles...

About 2- The only thing I wanna use for the companion app is the 'send the destination' functionality that's all. I think it's pretty convenient to be able to send it from phone to nav system.

and about 3- I thought I read somewhere here that you can turn it off, so I'm assuming it's turned off in my case but I just can't find a way to turn the darn thing on.

And about 1- I think I might do as you say sounds like you experienced how it works more and know all about it. So leave it on it is.
Thanks man!
Old 04-11-2016, 09:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'15 Black w205 C300, '02 E46 M3, '94 FD3S RX7
#3 is under vehicle settings. Push the button on your center console that looks like a car, twist the jog dial until you get to the setting.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
#3 is market and option dependant, much like most of the car.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 SLC300, 2022 Mini Cooper SE, 2023 EQB on order.
Congrats on your car! Love the colour combo.

2. If your C Class is up to date with the latest firmware, all you need to do is connect your phone using bluetooth to the car. Open the companion app and COMAND will then ask for your permission to have Name of Phone connect to companion.

I found this feature great, if someone emails or texts an address to me I can share the address to the companion app which will automatically send it to the car. There is no subscription fee, its all done over bluetooth. The next time you are in the car, once the bluetooth connection is established COMAND will pop up and ask if you want to navigate to the address.

4. Keep under 4000 RPM until about 1500km. You can active Sport Mode as this can help vary the RPM but stay under 4000 RPM which may be harder in a lower sized engine. Then once past 1500km gradually and varyingly increase the RPM until you near the redline if desired but never ever cross the redline.
Samthekid (04-12-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 01:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
C450
Send2Benz is not in the companion app. It's in the Mbrace app
Samthekid (04-12-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 05:19 AM

C200
Originally Posted by ljkelley
Congrats on your car! Love the colour combo.

2. If your C Class is up to date with the latest firmware, all you need to do is connect your phone using bluetooth to the car. Open the companion app and COMAND will then ask for your permission to have Name of Phone connect to companion.

I found this feature great, if someone emails or texts an address to me I can share the address to the companion app which will automatically send it to the car. There is no subscription fee, its all done over bluetooth. The next time you are in the car, once the bluetooth connection is established COMAND will pop up and ask if you want to navigate to the address.

4. Keep under 4000 RPM until about 1500km. You can active Sport Mode as this can help vary the RPM but stay under 4000 RPM which may be harder in a lower sized engine. Then once past 1500km gradually and varyingly increase the RPM until you near the redline if desired but never ever cross the redline.
Thanks man! Glad you like it!
2.Well sadly it's not connecting automatically so do you've any idea how to do it manually?

4. I actually went with your advice. last night I started using sport and sport + mode to gradually increased the RPM. those modes helped me get it higher indeed. lots of fun TBH.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:21 AM

C200
Originally Posted by lbowroom
Send2Benz is not in the companion app. It's in the Mbrace app
But when I open the companion app there's a big "find your destination" button. isn't that the send location to your car button?