C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

intermittent steering/pedal vibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes c400
intermittent steering/pedal vibration

Hello all,
I am new to this forum, but recent issues with our c400 has made our lives miserable. We got the car in Nov 2014.

I notice that every now and then, when i slow down from say 60 km/hr to about 20 and in second gear and re-accelerate up, the car almost fights back. It's like i am pressing the gas, and the steering wheel and the gas pedal starts vibrating. and then within 5-10 seconds it becomes normal again. I am not entirely sure what's wrong but when i took it to the dealer they kept it overnight and "could not reproduce the issue". However, they did say there were a couple software updates the car needed. The updates have not done anything, and the vibration continues. I hate how I cannot reproduce the issue at will in front of the dealer so they know exactly what i am talking about. My mother took the car in once scared out of her mind, thinking she ruined the car and the dealer (arrogant *****) asked her if she drove on unpaved roads and that's what's causing the issue, when she repeatedly mentioned that it has happened on multiple occasions.

Unrelated note possibly, the car front tires have worn out only around the edges in less than 10k driving. the dealer has agreed to replace them provided that i pay 229 Canadian dollars for the wheel alignment. I am not sure if that is some how related to it

I am extremely nervous about this and hoping its not a big issue. We have financed this car, and it is an expensive car, and right now i am just looking for guidance from one of you guys.

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Respectfully,
I