C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

More hybrid problems and appalling MB service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 Hybrid (AMG Line), MG TF 160, BMW 120d
More hybrid problems and appalling MB service

Well after owning my C300h for 13 months yet more things have gone wrong

The good news is that after almost a year of trying 90% of the creaks, rattles and squeaks that have plagued my car since new have finally been resolved. The bad news is that a couple of months ago the hybrid system seemed to forget what it was was supposed to do and left me with a diesel powered car that doesn't even do stop start any more and plummeting fuel economy. It was in a few weeks ago and got kept overnight so that they could get some help from Germany however the problem was still there when I picked the car up so today it's gone back for them to have another go. I did get a call earlier to say that they'd found and resolved the problem, only to then be told that it had come back on the test drive.....suffice to say I still have a very underpowered A class sat on my drive

To cap it all last week I left my house and got just a few meters down the road when a very loud scraping noise started under the car. I checked and the undertray was hanging off and most of the bolts weren't there! I called MB in Norwich only to be told they couldn't help and that I needed to call MB recovery which I duly did only to be told it could cost £150 to get the car recovered! After speaking and complaining to MB customer services they did send out a chap with some bolts who managed to fix it. I just couldn't believe the reaction though, I had expected when calling to say my 13 month old C class has broken down to be offered apologies and immediate assistance, I wasn't prepared for 50 minutes of having to argue with 3 people!

I can honestly say I've bought cheap second hand cars from dodgy dealers who have offered better customer service then MB. It's a shame because I love the car however the constant faults and poor service mean that it'll be going soon and I'll probably be heading off to my local BMW dealer for it's replacement.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
I hate to say it, but MB treats its C Class customers way different than it does their S Class customers. They totally kiss your *** when you bring an S in. I get treated differently at my home dealership since buying the C after ten years and 3 S Classes serviced there exclusively. I actually got a snotty text from my SA this morning asking when I was going to pick up a set of take-off tires I left there last week because "he got asked about them every day". First I'd heard of it being a problem, planned on going by this weekend.

With the C, it's like you went to a five star steak house but ordered a cheeseburger well done...they'll serve you but you get no respect. I don't imagine it's much different with a 3 at BMW or an A4 at Audi. Seems like with an entry level or near entry level car you'd better hope for no problems, because they have little patience for it.

Last edited by Mike5215; 04-28-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
I have to disagree with the above. I've been treated extremely well by mb Stockport on all my niggles with the c200/s205
Old 04-29-2016, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 184 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
I certainly don't feel like a second class citizen at MB because I bought a C Class.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
My dealer has treated me exceptionally well. In fact, I'd go as far as saying this has been the best dealership experience I've ever had with any car I've owned; and that includes BMW's and Audi's.

I don't believe poor dealer service has anything to do with which model of a given brand you own ... poor service is just poor service.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I only own a C300, and my dealership (MBOB) always treats me like a king.

Sounds like you need to find a different MB dealership.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 Hybrid (AMG Line), MG TF 160, BMW 120d
I'd love to use another dealer however being in the middle of the Norfolk Broads we don't have many options

Good news is that my car was delivered back this morning and appears to be all fixed, still less then impressed with the service though.