C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Lighting package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 06:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2016 c300
Lighting package?

I don't have lighting package and want to install some OEM ILS head lights. Is this plug and play? Im pretty sure the "better" headlights that have 2 projectors in them require lots of splicing and other work.

If not, what do I need to do? Is it difficult?
Attached Thumbnails Lighting package?-image.png  
Old 07-20-2016, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 c300 4matic
there a guy on here that did it to his car on his 2015 c300. looked much better.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
ILS requires additional camera, software, wiring etc as well as headlamps.

The guy here that updated his I don't think had full ils functionality.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:17 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Life would be a peach if everything is plug n play, wouldn't it?
If you're clever enough, you'll be damn lucky to get some of the lights to light up.
1. The pin configuration from the car's plug does not match with the light's plug. You'd have to re-arrange the pins from the headlight's plug to match that of the car. Doing this would also require rewiring some of the cables inside the headlight housing.
2. The voltage from the car is only ~12V. You'd need some power step-up/converter module to bring up the voltage that feeds some the lights. I said some because my low beam light up with voltage greater than 12V, but the DRL and turn signal won't light up at all. High beam on the other hand was ok with 12V. But mine is non ILS. There's a chance that what I did won't even work with ILS.

So, to answer your question if it's difficult or not, I'd say "hell yes"
Old 07-21-2016, 05:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2016 c300
Originally Posted by huyuci
Life would be a peach if everything is plug n play, wouldn't it?
If you're clever enough, you'll be damn lucky to get some of the lights to light up.
1. The pin configuration from the car's plug does not match with the light's plug. You'd have to re-arrange the pins from the headlight's plug to match that of the car. Doing this would also require rewiring some of the cables inside the headlight housing.
2. The voltage from the car is only ~12V. You'd need some power step-up/converter module to bring up the voltage that feeds some the lights. I said some because my low beam light up with voltage greater than 12V, but the DRL and turn signal won't light up at all. High beam on the other hand was ok with 12V. But mine is non ILS. There's a chance that what I did won't even work with ILS.

So, to answer your question if it's difficult or not, I'd say "hell yes"
Yeah.. That sounds like a headache! So this is the process for the headlights with just one projector right?
Old 07-21-2016, 12:33 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by arieldroger
Yeah.. That sounds like a headache! So this is the process for the headlights with just one projector right?
The idea is the same for both. But for ILS, I'm concerned that it might require additional signal from the car to light up. The one with one projector is just static. The projectors in ILS move, so logically it would need a computer signal to tell it to move. But it's 50/50 that they're separated and they would light up with the right voltage.

It all depends on how much you really want it. Whatever you do, don't modify anything on the car's side (car's plug).