C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Track results of the c450 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Infiniti FX50s // 2016 MB c450 AMG
Track results of the c450 AMG

Hello fellow c450 owners!

I brought the c450 AMG to the track this weekend and I wanted to share the results. The Calabogie Motor sport park is the track to try in Ontario. The temperature was in the 70 f.

First, I must say that the car was bone stock using 94 gas. C450 AMG with the 19 inches wheels and tires. I have been at the track numerous times before so I was familiar with the layout.

As a street car, the c450 is a very well balanced platform. IMHO, it defines what a luxury compact sport sedan should strive for: a great mix of power with a refined ride and solid brakes. The sport seats are comfortable while the weight is pretty reasonable.

At the track, the car shined for what it is. No brake fade, easy to modulate through the corners and good power at the corner exit. The seats are not bolstered to hold you in place if you are thin or athletic. At 6 feet 4 inches, I had enough headroom for the helmet. In terms of performance, I would say it will put you at the top of the street car food chain but short of a dedicated track car (there was a full compliment of Porsche 911 this weekend) or a c63s.

I would encourage those on the fence to try the experience, especially with an instructor in order for you to refine your skills. Those skills have saved my a** on the streets numerous times.

The c450 is anot excellent platform for the street, MBA nailed it solidly. If falls short on the track because it cannot keep up with the dedicated sports cars but owners should rest assured that they have a very solid choice to daily drive in a spirited way.

Any question , feel free to ask.
LP
Old 08-08-2016, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C400 4Matic, 2011 S400 Hybrid, 2004 C230 Kompressor, 2000 ML320
Good stuff! Glad to see a board member taking the car to the track.

I am located in Ontario as well and have a C400. I plan to track it at CTMP DDT on the 20th of August so should be able to provide some feedback. I had Speed Buster Tuning Box installed the other day so plan to give it a good run then. Would be interesting to get together on a lapping day to see how the two car compares on the track, maybe TMP?

Cheers~ =)