C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 Lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S4
C450 Lease

Looking to replace my Audi S4 with the C450 and i had a dealer offer me 1400 to cover my last 2 lease payments.

Msrp 54,285
Sale Price 50k

1650 up front and 659 a month. Thats taxes and maintenance in the monthly payment. Is this a good deal.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Deal could be a bit lower. Though your down payment is quite low. For the down payment its decent deal. Not mind blowing
Old 08-10-2016, 03:51 PM

Audi S4
Would 630 to 640 be a good target for me or do you think i can go even lower? Thanks.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SL63,X6M,Mc600LT,296GTB
need more detail ?

1. the detail of the $1659
2. How are they paying off your last 2 payments on the S4 ? are they adding it to the deal...
3. How many months and miles per year
4. NO $4285 off MSRP is NOT good

get me that info and I will help you !!
Old 08-10-2016, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Never buy a car on the monthly payment. You're the easiest mark for the dealer. Learn how to run your own numbers top to bottom and calculate your own payment. Then you'll know exactly what you're paying for and the resulting monthly payment.

There's a link in my sig with downloadable lease calculating spreadsheets and instructions. You need to know MSRP, discount off MSRP, trade value, trade payoff, all up front dealer fees (prep, acquisition, tag/title), your states sales tax rate, the residual value and the money factor to calculate your own deals.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:50 PM

Audi S4
Thanks for the help guys.

the 1650 includes first month, doc fees registration.

the 1400 would just be a check they write out to me to pay off my last 2 payments.

What would a good msrp number look like? 48k?

I will try out your lease calculator.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2008 S550
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Never buy a car on the monthly payment. You're the easiest mark for the dealer. Learn how to run your own numbers top to bottom and calculate your own payment. Then you'll know exactly what you're paying for and the resulting monthly payment.

There's a link in my sig with downloadable lease calculating spreadsheets and instructions. You need to know MSRP, discount off MSRP, trade value, trade payoff, all up front dealer fees (prep, acquisition, tag/title), your states sales tax rate, the residual value and the money factor to calculate your own deals.
Why not buy off the monthly payment, for a lease? I mean, I get it - don't want to pay too much, could get taken on fees, interest, etc., but if one has a number in their head that they are happy to pay for 36 months (+/-) and give the car back, and gap coverage (which is pretty standard in a lease anyway, no?)... then what's the harm in playing to the monthly number?

Or, is it as simple as like when your dad says "you know, if you skip that $5 coffee everyday and put that money in a jar, in 20 years you'll have saved $25,000!" True, but I don't care. I like the coffee...
Old 08-10-2016, 05:02 PM

SL63,X6M,Mc600LT,296GTB
Originally Posted by Drives550
Why not buy off the monthly payment, for a lease? I mean, I get it - don't want to pay too much, could get taken on fees, interest, etc., but if one has a number in their head that they are happy to pay for 36 months (+/-) and give the car back, and gap coverage (which is pretty standard in a lease anyway, no?)... then what's the harm in playing to the monthly number?

Or, is it as simple as like when your dad says "you know, if you skip that $5 coffee everyday and put that money in a jar, in 20 years you'll have saved $25,000!" True, but I don't care. I like the coffee...
What ?? I am really trying to understand the Mambo Jumbo you just wrote but it does not make sense

The other member had a VERY valid point learn how these deals are put together, or in small word how they calculate a lease payment and what are the factors that will or could affect a monthly payment. Very constructive comment IMO...

In the other hand I do understand your Coffee statement BUT its Coffee and NOT a 50k, 60K + car here...
Old 08-10-2016, 05:13 PM

SL63,X6M,Mc600LT,296GTB
Originally Posted by chillw

the 1400 would just be a check they write out to me to pay off my last 2 payments.

OK cool here is what I will do for you, I will run numbers for both programs since you didnt tell us 36/12 or 36/12

54,285 MSRP - 10% plus a $1,800 summer sale rebate going on now you should be able to get $7,228 off MSRP
47,057 Sales price 36 month with 10K miles = Monthly of $494.00 + local taxes per month

54,285 MSRP - 10% plus a $1,800 summer sale rebate going on now you should be able to get $7,228 off MSRP
47,057 Sales price 36 month with 12K miles = Monthly of $508.00 + local taxes per month

1950.00 out of pocket on Both deals including first payment (FYI I just saw that they included Maintenance on the deal add $27 extra to your payment above)

Last edited by amgeater2; 08-10-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:22 PM

Audi S4
I was looking for 36/10. This is great info to work with. Thanks for spending the time and pulling these numbers for me. Now the hard part is getting the dealer to agree to the 47k selling price. Haha.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300

What if I told you the number you were "happy with" actually included a couple thousand dollars in extra dealer profit you didn't realize was in the deal, broken into little monthly increments, and that you didn't need to pay to get the exact same deal?

So you they tell you how much they're paying for your trade, how much they're discounting their car, and what the resulting payment is, and if you can afford it you're happy? Zero verification of their math?

Payment buyers are the easiest mark because there are so many ways to hit a monthly payment number and still rape a buyer.

Learn to calculate your own payment and you'll know immediately if the deal is as good as they claim it is.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:06 PM

SL63,X6M,Mc600LT,296GTB
I was looking for 36/10. This is great info to work with. Thanks for spending the time and pulling these numbers for me. Now the hard part is getting the dealer to agree to the 47k selling price. Haha.
It shouldn't be that hard, I just got my wife a c300 sport special order with the designo package and got 12% off plus the $1800 rebate.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C450

I got 16.5% off MSRP at the end of June, but that was a tremendous deal. My MSRP was just under $63k, so they may not come that much off your lower price. I'd shoot for $47 if I were you, with the vehicle pay off. Keep in mind, they must think your vehicle is worth more than your residual and will recoup those costs when they sell it (assuming you are trading it to them).
Old 08-11-2016, 08:57 AM

Audi S4
Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Does anyone know if in the past, September has had better lease programs and incentives. Just want to know if its better for me to wait and drive my existing car another month or to let them buy out my lease.

I think this dealer would just cut me a check for 1400 to payoff the last 2 payments. They are not looking to take the car.

Also if anyone knows a NYC or tristate dealer who has given out some great deals in the past, please let me know. Thanks again.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 524 Posts
c
MSRP on my Vehicle was ~$57,500

Sale Price: $48,150

I have the 3 years maintenance program and have a 3 year lease with 15k/year.

I did 3k down (to benefit from an increased trade-in value) and pay 632/month.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:57 AM

2008 S550

So you they tell you how much they're paying for your trade, how much they're discounting their car, and what the resulting payment is, and if you can afford it you're happy? Zero verification of their math?
Yeah, I've kinda gotten that way.

I wrestle with feeling a material difference in my life (presently or projected) resulting from plus or minus incremental monthly dollar amounts... even if that means somebody else gets more. We all gotta eat; tonight's on me. And then I sleep sound having done with the day what I want. Not running numbers and haggling with car salesman.

All to say - some people are willing to pay a price in exchange for spending as little time possible on the car buying process. And that's ok. We all do with our money what we want, and find value where we find it. So, I'd say don't buy based on a monthly number *if* your highest priority is getting the car as cheap as possible; but, if your priority is getting the whole thing over with and going to dinner, sure, go with the monthly number you like.

To the OP - I don't know what sort of deals they're doing, but I'd call MB White Plains, New Rochelle, Greenwich and ask each for their first and best deal, winner leases you a car.
The following users liked this post:
DapperStyle (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 11:21 AM

SL63,X6M,Mc600LT,296GTB
Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Does anyone know if in the past, September has had better lease programs and incentives. Just want to know if its better for me to wait and drive my existing car another month or to let them buy out my lease.

I think this dealer would just cut me a check for 1400 to payoff the last 2 payments. They are not looking to take the car.

Also if anyone knows a NYC or tristate dealer who has given out some great deals in the past, please let me know. Thanks again.
I dont think so you may loose on the Summer Sales Event rabate $1,800 that is a lot so getting a car 12 - 16 % discounted its not that easy but the rebate allow you so effortlessly if you need a guy PM ill help you
Old 08-11-2016, 11:35 AM

SL63,X6M,Mc600LT,296GTB

I wrestle with feeling a material difference in my life (presently or projected) resulting from plus or minus incremental monthly dollar amounts... even if that means somebody else gets more. We all gotta eat; tonight's on me. And then I sleep sound having done with the day what I want. Not running numbers and haggling with car salesman.

All to say - some people are willing to pay a price in exchange for spending as little time possible on the car buying process. And that's ok. We all do with our money what we want, and find value where we find it. So, I'd say don't buy based on a monthly number *if* your highest priority is getting the car as cheap as possible; but, if your priority is getting the whole thing over with and going to dinner, sure, go with the monthly number you like.

To the OP - I don't know what sort of deals they're doing, but I'd call MB White Plains, New Rochelle, Greenwich and ask each for their first and best deal, winner leases you a car.
Again your Mumbo Jumbo dont make any sense...

Now you are deviating your prior comment of "If" you happy with the payment do it ? to "I sleep sound having done with the day what I want. Not running numbers and haggling with car salesman." Make up your mind..

"some people are willing to pay a price in exchange for spending as little time possible on the car buying process. And that's ok. We all do with our money what we want" - Again your point is not valid and it makes NO SENSE

I just bought a C Class for my wife and spend about 30 minutes at the dealer, mind you I didn't talk to ANY again ANY sales guy. As I start my process with a phone call to the finance department and armed with Knowledge, not what I THINK or I can afford or what I think it should be value.... so I skip the whole sale rep and ask for a FINANCE GUY so we can speak and get a deal done by the time I am done all I have to do is go in to SIGN and DRIVE (30-45 mins tops)... Yes I do agree that we all do with our money what we want but buying a Car/Leasing is not just grabbing Coffee Pal
Old 08-11-2016, 12:09 PM

2008 S550
Originally Posted by amgeater2
Again your Mumbo Jumbo dont make any sense...
Mumbo Jumbo! Love it. Haven't heard that in too long. Makes me smile to say it out loud.

You strike me as a man(?) of strong conviction. Maybe after amgeater2 passes (RIP amgeater1) you could go with NoMumJum!; give everybody fair warning, ahead of time.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:59 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300

To get the best price AND not spend any time haggling and coincidentally to keep your feeling of good will in which you are giving everyone a slice of money consider using a car buying/leasing consultant. Spend $400 and they work all the numbers out with the dealer on your behalf and you walk in and sign the paper work without any hassle at all and still get a better deal than going in blind.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
I do very little haggling. My process is to first get a handle on what the prevailing discount off MSRP seems to be. The forum is a good place to get that pinned down. When I was shopping the lease on my C300, 10% was about average without any fleet or affiliation discounts. Seemed fair.

Next I figured out what my trade was worth. That required some online stuff and a couple of actual appraisals.

Then I found a car I wanted online and emailed an offer to the dealership. The offer was 10% off MSRP, and $25k for my S550. The dealer was 5 hours away so there were a couple of photo requests verifying the S's condition. They accepted the offer and I sent them a CC auth for the deposit. Zero haggling.

Since I already had MF and residual nailed down I knew what the payment was going to be. At the dealership I used the spreadsheet to cross check the F&I guy. Our numbers lined up to the penny and the deal was over.

Pretty painless.

It would bug me not knowing if my disinterest in the details of the buy let someone pick my pocket for a couple grand. Not the money as much as the principle. But that's just me. If you like a car and the guy says it's $700 a month, and that sounds good to you, I say go for it. Salesmen gotta eat too.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:03 PM

2008 S550
I do very little haggling. My process is to first get a handle on what the prevailing discount off MSRP seems to be. The forum is a good place to get that pinned down. When I was shopping the lease on my C300, 10% was about average without any fleet or affiliation discounts. Seemed fair.

Next I figured out what my trade was worth. That required some online stuff and a couple of actual appraisals.

Then I found a car I wanted online and emailed an offer to the dealership. The offer was 10% off MSRP, and $25k for my S550. The dealer was 5 hours away so there were a couple of photo requests verifying the S's condition. They accepted the offer and I sent them a CC auth for the deposit. Zero haggling.

Since I already had MF and residual nailed down I knew what the payment was going to be. At the dealership I used the spreadsheet to cross check the F&I guy. Our numbers lined up to the penny and the deal was over.

Pretty painless.

It would bug me not knowing if my disinterest in the details of the buy let someone pick my pocket for a couple grand. Not the money as much as the principle. But that's just me. If you like a car and the guy says it's $700 a month, and that sounds good to you, I say go for it. Salesmen gotta eat too.
That sounds like a solid system, I agree. I've never thought about sending my offer; I usually just do some version of "best of three", but I like your way.

My initial question was legit (got a little silly because NoMumJum teed me up), e.g., I had not realized the risk of loss that comes with putting a down payment on a lease car until I heard it somewhere. So was just curious if there was something I was missing, other than the cost savings.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:30 PM

new owner
Just pulled the trigger on a C450 msrp $63660. Was able to get 10% off plus my fleet discount of $2300. The car has a little under a 1,000 miles on it since it was there test drive car. That enable me to squeeze the 3 yr maintenance package out of the dealer. I truly believe we got a good deal.

I had this deal at two dealers( the other dealer was minus the MX package) but we went with the one we were more comfortable with. Seems like this is not alot of MY16 stock around so they are looking to move some cars.

Any suggestions on things to look for when we pick up the car since it was a test drive car.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2016, 12:38 PM

SL63,X6M,Mc600LT,296GTB
Originally Posted by Mxjet1
Just pulled the trigger on a C450 msrp $63660. Was able to get 10% off plus my fleet discount of $2300. The car has a little under a 1,000 miles on it since it was there test drive car. That enable me to squeeze the 3 yr maintenance package out of the dealer. I truly believe we got a good deal.

I had this deal at two dealers( the other dealer was minus the MX package) but we went with the one we were more comfortable with. Seems like this is not alot of MY16 stock around so they are looking to move some cars.

Any suggestions on things to look for when we pick up the car since it was a test drive car.

Thanks

First Congrats on the car and second great deal on the 10% off MSRP + the fleet discount $2300 but keep in mind that the dealer can still discount the crap of a car and make lots of money on the MF and/or residual.

other than that since you its a demo/test car just look for the usual thing scratches, tires, brakes, alignment etc..
Old 08-12-2016, 12:45 PM

new owner
Originally Posted by amgeater2
First Congrats on the car and second great deal on the 10% off MSRP + the fleet discount $2300 but keep in mind that the dealer can still discount the crap of a car and make lots of money on the MF and/or residual.

other than that since you its a demo/test car just look for the usual thing scratches, tires, brakes, alignment etc..

Thanks. I was politely pushing for a little more but they told me that's the best they could do and they had to make a little money. I am totally ok with what we got in the deal, but would of course would like just a bit more. Maybe if I pull m deposit and walk away I could get something but this deal is really too good to pass up.

I had one dealer tell me " that what i want in reality and get are two different things and the best he could do was 8% with my fleet included in that price".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C450 Lease