C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C200 Teething Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazda 3
C200 Teething Problems

Hi guys,

I've got my new C200 and absolutely loving it! Just a few teething issues I wanted to run past everyone:
1) When I turn my car on, it says someone on the rear seat doesn't have their seatbelt on but there's no one there. All I have on the seat is a safety vest weighing 50 grams, nowhere near enough to set off the sensors. Anyone experienced this?
2) The voice command lady doesn't understand me very well. Does she improve or will I always hate her?
3) The digital radio doesn't sound as clear as the analog radio, even after tuning it. What are everyone's thoughts on this? I listen to the same station on both and the analog sounds better than digital to me. Also, when I set the analog as my favourite, it plays fr about 30 seconds then switches to digital. Not sure if defaults to digital, or if it loses signal, but it certainly shouldn't lose signal as my old car never lost signal...

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any of the above? Other than this I'm absolutely loving it!!!

Cheers
Old 08-25-2016, 07:49 AM

W205 C200
I have had the same issue with the rear seat belt warning but have learned to ignore it.

Otherwise, after one year and 13,000 miles the car has been fault free. Best car ever, apart from the electric handbrake and no under floor spare wheel storage.

I can't comment on your other two issues. I don't use voice command because I'v never been able to get it to work in previous cars; perhaps I should try it? In the UK digital radio works very well and I've never tried analogue.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 184 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by jmillar82
Hi guys,

I've got my new C200 and absolutely loving it! Just a few teething issues I wanted to run past everyone:
1) When I turn my car on, it says someone on the rear seat doesn't have their seatbelt on but there's no one there. All I have on the seat is a safety vest weighing 50 grams, nowhere near enough to set off the sensors. Anyone experienced this?
2) The voice command lady doesn't understand me very well. Does she improve or will I always hate her?
3) The digital radio doesn't sound as clear as the analog radio, even after tuning it. What are everyone's thoughts on this? I listen to the same station on both and the analog sounds better than digital to me. Also, when I set the analog as my favourite, it plays fr about 30 seconds then switches to digital. Not sure if defaults to digital, or if it loses signal, but it certainly shouldn't lose signal as my old car never lost signal...

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any of the above? Other than this I'm absolutely loving it!!!

Cheers
Voice Command - Mine works pretty well. Did you run through the "training" mode so the system better recognizes your voice patterns?
Old 08-25-2016, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Rear seat belt alarm is just a warning to alert you which seat belts aren't buckled. There are no seat sensors.

Voice comand on COMAND is fine 90% of the time but does get it wrong more than I'd expect it to, usually because it has no tolerance for you not using the exactly right phrase.

New BMW voice control is much better is it has an element of AI to work out you mean the same thing as its expecting even if you use words that are different or wrong order.

Dab radio I have no issues when used with my burmester stereo.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 Mercedes C300 Sport
1) I have an 11 lb (5 kg) suitcase on my backseat with my kid's chair always there and never heard a seat belt alarm or warning --- I'd love to turn those on to warn me when my kid has the seat belt buckled.

2) Same here....she doesn't understand me (as most women don't understand me as well!)

3) I loose HD radio signal all the time in some areas I drive....close to the Midwest corn crops....If HD radio becomes available it switches to digital as default -- you can switch it off on the Radio menu (go to HD radio and switch if off).
Old 08-25-2016, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by Jay_Chicago
1) I have an 11 lb (5 kg) suitcase on my backseat with my kid's chair always there and never heard a seat belt alarm or warning --- I'd love to turn those on to warn me when my kid has the seat belt buckled.

2) Same here....she doesn't understand me (as most women don't understand me as well!)

3) I loose HD radio signal all the time in some areas I drive....close to the Midwest corn crops....If HD radio becomes available it switches to digital as default -- you can switch it off on the Radio menu (go to HD radio and switch if off).
its not an audible alarm, it's something shown as a graphic on the central binnacle display.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:04 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
1./ Seat belt warning is an MB thing.. normal..
2./ Mine works perfectly when i use the correct command, these command options are listed on the screen in some cases, others you have to learn the phrase... serhaps some time acclimatising on your behalf this will become a moot point.
3./ My DAB is noticably better than the standard analogue FM signal.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:21 AM

Mazda 3
Originally Posted by Mikey53
Voice Command - Mine works pretty well. Did you run through the "training" mode so the system better recognizes your voice patterns?
Nope, didn't know there was a training mode and haven't come across it!!! Will have a search tomorrow. Sometimes it does random things, like I'll say "Call Anthony" and it will come up as "Call Wayne Smith"...

Originally Posted by Shadwell
1./ Seat belt warning is an MB thing.. normal..
2./ Mine works perfectly when i use the correct command, these command options are listed on the screen in some cases, others you have to learn the phrase... serhaps some time acclimatising on your behalf this will become a moot point.
3./ My DAB is noticably better than the standard analogue FM signal.
Do you have the Burmester sound system? (I do)

For me, the DAB sounds more hollow and 'tinny'. Mates I've taken in the car say the same thing. I've adjusted the settings to turn down the high pitched sounds (treble?) and turn up mid range and bass but still sounds worse... A bit weird really...

Also, on a separate note, obviously the wheels get pretty dirty from brake dust. Is there anything you can do to stop this or is it just a fact of life?

Cheers