C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Underbody cover/shield?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204
Underbody cover/shield?

Hello, while configuring W205 one thing isn't very clear to me. In my country there is an option for "engine cover" or "underbody cover/shield" (I don't know how to translate it correctly).

The price is rather symbolic (~150 euro) but can someone tell me what it is exactly and if I should get it? Is that the standard plastic thingie under the engine? I thought such things are included on base model.
If I don't buy it does it mean I would have naked engine from the bottom?

Thanks.

Last edited by hellothere; 08-31-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by hellothere
Hello, while configuring W205 one thing isn't very clear to me. In my country there is an option for "engine cover" or "underbody cover/shield" (I don't know how to translate it correctly).

The price is rather symbolic (~150 euro) but can someone tell me what it is exactly and if I should get it? Is that the standard plastic thingie under the engine? I thought such things are included on base model.
If I don't buy it does it mean I would have naked engine from the bottom?

Thanks.

I think they are referring to this :

The following users liked this post:
hellothere (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 11:41 AM

W204
I don't know if you are trolling or not, but in case you don't - I think you aren't right.
It has something to do with car's underbody, in my language it literally is "protection du soubassement moteur", which translates to "engine underbody protection".

Well, I guess it's not a big deal and I should just take this option since it has such low price.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:59 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Why not try calling the dealership and asking? I've never heard of this and anytime I've looked underneath a modern Benz there has always been tons of plastic shielding standard.
The following users liked this post:
hellothere (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 12:48 PM

2016 C450 AMG
I don't know if you are trolling or not, but in case you don't - I think you aren't right.
It has something to do with car's underbody, in my language it literally is "protection du soubassement moteur", which translates to "engine underbody protection".

Well, I guess it's not a big deal and I should just take this option since it has such low price.

Me trying to help you was construed as trolling? Was just trying to help you we don't have that option in us. But hey what do i know I'm just trolling.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:39 PM

W204
Originally Posted by icanectc
Me trying to help you was construed as trolling? Was just trying to help you we don't have that option in us. But hey what do i know I'm just trolling.
I'm sorry if you feel offended, that was not my intention at all
I've said it because this engine photo you posted looks kinda strange and non-fitting for Mercedes and it looked like some kind of joke to me.

I will contact my dealer about it for sure.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:29 PM

2016 C450 AMG
I'm sorry if you feel offended, that was not my intention at all
I've said it because this engine photo you posted looks kinda strange and non-fitting for Mercedes and it looked like some kind of joke to me.

I will contact my dealer about it for sure.

Np.
I also think its horrible photo lol. But I also don't put it past a dealer to try to charge you for one. Only reason I posted it was because your original post you made it seem you weren't sure if it was an engine cover or under body cover.

Whats more I attempted to build a polish mercedes using euro configurator and absolutely no options for any extra covers under or above the engine compartment.

I am curious what the dealer is charingn you for exactly. So if you could post back your conversation with them that would be awesome.