C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C300 vs C300 Sport, and 2015 vs. 2016

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
19E450A, 16C450W4, 16RRS SC Dynamic, etc
C300 vs C300 Sport, and 2015 vs. 2016

Hi all,

So I've had a few loaners recently, and I wanted to highlight some of my personal opinions on the C300 vs the C300 Sport, as well as some smaller changes that I noticed on the 2016s from the 2015s.

- Better looks on Sport, but I love the way they all look (except for the Luxury, which I'm not crazy about on a C-Class).
- Sport pedals are so much better than the normal pedals.
- Noticeably former ride on Sport (between wheels and suspension)
- No noticeable handling improvement on the Sport... Originally I thought there was, but after going between them, I realized that I really couldn't tell a difference... (And I wanted the Sport to handle better because I want to justify it for reasons really other than looks and pedals...) I could throw them into corners equally as hard and carry as much speed in both in a corner before they started to struggle (e.g. understeer). It might be a tad more stable, but I'm not sure. But, hey, it's firmer!
- Sport brakes (I think) bite a bit harder and look better (also, the wheels they're in look better...likewise for perforated discs)
- Engine and transmission are the same
- Sport steering wheel (if you don’t get the heated steering wheel) is great
- Topstitched MB-Tex upper dash trim standard on Sport is nice
- Seats aren’t as comfortable on the Sport model...and I'm pretty slim (most of the complaints I've heard are from people who aren't as slim as I), but I notice it in the upper back.
- MPG is the same

Is the Sport worth it? For me, yes, I think it is.

2015 vs. 2016:

Auto stop start icon changed
Engine and vehicle performance data available in COMAND
Sound label is now an icon
The trip computer interface is 2x2 instead of 4x1
Presets no longer a "band" (annoying change)
Km/h is on a different side
Search now an option for Sat radio
Mercedes-Benz companion app compatibility

Last edited by cjaredscott; 09-20-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Agree the sport package takes the base car up a major notch inside and out. I felt the steel sport suspension was too stiff and opted for Airmatic. It can ride like the lux, the base or the sport as desired.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:44 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
BMW
Originally Posted by cjaredscott
Hi all,

So I've had a few loaners recently, and I wanted to highlight some of my personal opinions on the C300 vs the C300 Sport, as well as some smaller changes that I noticed on the 2016s from the 2015s.

- Better looks on Sport, but I love the way they all look (except for the Luxury, which I'm not crazy about on a C-Class).
- Sport pedals are so much better than the normal pedals.
- Noticeably former ride on Sport (between wheels and suspension)
- No noticeable handling improvement on the Sport... Originally I thought there was, but after going between them, I realized that I really couldn't tell a difference... (And I wanted the Sport to handle better because I want to justify it for reasons really other than looks and pedals...) I could throw them into corners equally as hard and carry as much speed in both in a corner before they started to struggle (e.g. understeer). It might be a tad more stable, but I'm not sure. But, hey, it's firmer!
- Sport brakes (I think) bite a bit harder and look better (also, the wheels they're in look better...likewise for perforated discs)
- Engine and transmission are the same
- Sport steering wheel (if you don’t get the heated steering wheel) is great
- Topstitched MB-Tex upper dash trim standard on Sport is nice
- Seats aren’t as comfortable on the Sport model...and I'm pretty slim (most of the complaints I've heard are from people who aren't as slim as I), but I notice it in the upper back.
- MPG is the same

Is the Sport worth it? For me, yes, I think it is.

2015 vs. 2016:

Auto stop start icon changed
Engine and vehicle performance data available in COMAND
Sound label is now an icon
The trip computer interface is 2x2 instead of 4x1
Presets no longer a "band" (annoying change)
Km/h is on a different side
Search now an option for Sat radio
Mercedes-Benz companion app compatibility
How do I tell the difference between the "sports" and a base c300 sedan?
Old 09-28-2018, 06:46 PM

Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport, ‘20 GLC300
Originally Posted by vanondemand
How do I tell the difference between the "sports" and a base c300 sedan?
Front chrome spoiler and rear diffuser. Base doesn’t have those I believe. Also the wheels are different.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 4MATIC
Maybe you can buy a cheap Iron 18 Inch wheel hub , screw hole size is 5*112 . buy 5 lug bolts, they need short 2 cm than original lug bolts. Tire pressure is 40. And test if this spare tire is really work on your car. Or just go to a tire shop and ask for advice. I saw some universal spare tire or get one spare tire and tools from an old Mercedes modle like W204 .