C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG tune discussion and recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 07:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C450 AMG,, JAAAAG XF 5.0
C450 AMG tune discussion and recommendations

Hey guys,,

I just bought a C450 and I am going to put WEISTEC DPs, bmc filters and tune.

Questions I have are about tunes and here is what I understand,, please comment and correct me if I am wrong...

OE, Eurocharged, AMR and other companies require you to take your ECU out and ship it to them for a tune,, that is an option that I would like to avoid, (not that I don't trust the companies but I'd rather something plug and play)...I had a C63 amg and all was used to tune it was a my genius device and you just plug it and download a tune file and that's it is this something I could do for the new C450? Like a hand held (my genius) flasher?

Also for the piggy back systems I have seen things like VR and BMS which seems a good solution but the power isn't near as what the other guys (who tune your ecu unit) in terms of hp and tq gains and also vivid racing has at least 30 hp over what BMS has to offer and they all piggy back systems,, it is also worth mentioning that BMS's tune is the cheapest (I think) in the market and their reputation is sky high and all I hear is good stuff about them and most tuners really

so my questions are,,

1. Can I get a hand held tuner like the my genius to use on my car (C450)?
2. If you had to choose between VR and BMS which one would you go with? have you tried any of them?
3. any other recommendations in terms of parts to go with the tunes other than intake/downpipes?

Thanks guys
Sam
Old 11-06-2016, 11:08 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Past:2010 ML63 AMG, 2011 C63 AMG, 2011 E63 AMG, 2015 C400 4matic & 2014 CLS550 4matic. Now: 2017 C43
Hi Sam,
I went with OE Tuning, but I happened to be on a trip in California and I brought them the ECU myself. If you are going with downpipes, they have a tune for it.
Jeremy is great and has always replied to any inquiries promptly.... As for the power difference, all I have to say is WOW! Went from a 13.20 to a 12.20 and that is just with a tune! Nothing else....
As for a hand held, there is none for the W205. I did have a hand held tuner for my old C63, but it was nothing but issues....
Hope that helps.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:44 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C450 AMG,, JAAAAG XF 5.0
[QUOTE=uptownman;6962318]Hi Sam,
I went with OE Tuning, but I happened to be on a trip in California and I brought them the ECU myself. If you are going with downpipes, they have a tune for it.
Jeremy is great and has always replied to any inquiries promptly.... As for the power difference, all I have to say is WOW! Went from a 13.20 to a 12.20 and that is just with a tune! Nothing else....
As for a hand held, there is none for the W205. I did have a hand held tuner for my old C63, but it was nothing but issues....
Hope that helps.[/QUOTE

OE are great people no doubt

Have you had any issues taking your car to the dealership for service ?

I still have 3 1/2 years of warranty left And don't want to ruin that lol
But I also don't want to have it tuned after three years that's why I was
Asking about the hand held tunes so I can reflash back to stock before I take it in for service. The piggy back systems seems the only option for me now. I have a good relationship with my local dealer but I don't know if they'll Tolerate a tune