C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Help can't decide what to go with! C300 v Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 11:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300
Help can't decide what to go with! C300 v Sport

Hello was wondering if anyone could help me. I am being very indecisive about what I want. This is what I originally thought I wanted a C300 base, P1, pano white polar. But having somewhat of a trouble finding exact build. I have found a Polar White C300 CPO Sport for a good price but am afraid of the ride quality. I had a sport W204 and thought ride was a bit too firm wanted something softer...love the sport look. But definately going to be impossible to find airmatic so. Either stuck with Sport without pano...wouldn't mind sport with a pano...but can't find any(within budget). Really boils down to is sport that harsh of a ride...my roads are decent nothing like NY potholes, live in medium sized city. Or is panoramic worth it since build is with black interior(imagine pano would make interior feel roomier with dark color). Any current owners care to chime in? Also nothing to fit my specs for the price I want to pay.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:40 AM

E350
The sport model to me is worth it, it makes the rear look better with the diffuser and the air ducts. I have diamond white c450 with black pano and it just looks gorgeous to me. I get why you're hesitant for it not having pano. But if you can compromise the top look.

the ride quality in sport is decent, but this car without airmatic isn't gonna be like a cruiser or e class. It has a much sportier feel. So I think you should go with the sport as long as it has all the bells and whistles, lighting package etc... Trust me it makes it look a lot better from the rear of the car. But wait it out and see if you can find a pano one. The pano roof and white is the cleanest look and easier to maintain.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
I have a 2016 Sport on Air. I had to have the car built, but I was able to test drive an AirMatic Sport first and there was a tangible difference when Air was set to the tallest (Comfort) level. Not quite an S Class feel (and I've owned 3 S Class) but much smoother and with better isolation than the steel suspension cars.

For me, I don't care how cool the car looks if the ride quality is so poor I hate driving it. I'd hit Autotrader and use the keyword search to hunt down an AirMatic car. They are out there, just harder to find, especially if you're locked in on colors.

Here's one in white:
Help can't decide what to go with! C300 v Sport-photo237.jpg

Don't know why but MB of Burlington seems to order AirMatic cars for inventory.

Last edited by Mike5215; 11-16-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:10 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Yeezus
The sport model to me is worth it, it makes the rear look better with the diffuser and the air ducts. I have diamond white c450 with black pano and it just looks gorgeous to me. I get why you're hesitant for it not having pano. But if you can compromise the top look.

the ride quality in sport is decent, but this car without airmatic isn't gonna be like a cruiser or e class. It has a much sportier feel. So I think you should go with the sport as long as it has all the bells and whistles, lighting package etc... Trust me it makes it look a lot better from the rear of the car. But wait it out and see if you can find a pano one. The pano roof and white is the cleanest look and easier to maintain.

Thanks the reply Yeezus. I pulled the trigger and just got a sport C300 without the panoramic. Couldn't find anything in the budget I was working with to have both so I choose sport for the body kit and AMG wheels. Panoramic would have been great since it does feel bit tight with black head liner. That's the only regret but doubt I would find both sport and panoramic in white in my budget..to picky. Bet that v6 twin is a beast..the i4 is peppy much better then my w204 v6.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:37 AM

E350
Originally Posted by c300va
Thanks the reply Yeezus. I pulled the trigger and just got a sport C300 without the panoramic. Couldn't find anything in the budget I was working with to have both so I choose sport for the body kit and AMG wheels. Panoramic would have been great since it does feel bit tight with black head liner. That's the only regret but doubt I would find both sport and panoramic in white in my budget..to picky. Bet that v6 twin is a beast..the i4 is peppy much better then my w204 v6.
congrats. I think in the long run you will be much happier with the sport model version. The base model reminds me to much of a loaner car. The sport to me looks a little more edgy and newer on the road, the body style has more sexy lines. And good choice on getting white.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
I've owned both a C300 base and my current car, a C300 Sport. The Sport looks better and, for me anyway, has more comfortable seats and some nice interior touches that the base does not.

The ride on the Sport steel suspension is stiffer than the base steel suspension, but it has smoothed out considerably with time and use. I do not find it uncomfortable, but I prefer a firm suspension.

Regarding the sun roof, some love it and others have no use for it. I like it because it does really open up the interior feel. Then again, I am not in an area that deals with terrible heat, so sunlight streaming into the car is not usually a negative.

Look at both models, test drive them, and then reach your own conclusions based on your own priorities.

Last edited by StanNH; 11-18-2016 at 09:17 AM.