C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C350e Hybrid settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 04:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C350e with Comand, Vision Package and seat package, 2017 Mini Cooper S 7
C350e Hybrid settings

Just received my C350e and about to do a 2,500km round trip.

Most of it will be on country roads with 100kmh speed limit.

I'm confused as to what the best setting would be for fuel economy. Should I just leave it in "Hybrid"?

Can anyone comment?
Old 12-18-2016, 10:33 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
C350e
Originally Posted by JIMSHANN
Just received my C350e and about to do a 2,500km round trip.

Most of it will be on country roads with 100kmh speed limit.

I'm confused as to what the best setting would be for fuel economy. Should I just leave it in "Hybrid"?

Can anyone comment?
When you are looking for the best fuel economy the "ECO" mode with "Hybrid" setting is the best one.
Charging your car in between will definitely help because one charge on 2500km will let your car act like a regular hybrid.
if you have Comand, set a destination and drive in the mode mentioned above it will even try to balance your electrical power based on the type of road you are driving and save electrical power for situations where it's most effective. This is mostly the low speed parts of your trip.
It might even build up battery charge from recuperation and even from active charging when required.
In "Comfort" mode it will not do this.

The most important influence on your fuel economy is always the weight of your right foot.

Driving in "Sport" or "Sport+" mode disables the start-stop mode of the engine and has a less fuel economic gear shifts behavior that will definitely increase your fuel consumption.
When you are still in your first 1500km of the car i would warm the engine in "Sport" mode so it does not do the start-stop of the engine when it's still fairly cold. You can find the coolant temperature indicator in the service menu on the center display.
Enjoy your C350e. I love mine.
Gerrit
The following users liked this post:
JIMSHANN (12-18-2016)
Old 12-18-2016, 10:55 PM

Thanks for that. It's really helpful.

I've only done 250kms and all in the city, so, have no idea what the car is like beyond 60kmh.

Up to now, I'm extremely happy.

I'm a little worried about the 19" run flats fitted to this car.

My dealer says it would take 2 to 3 days to get a replacement tyre, if not in a major city. That would ruin my Christmas since we are only travelling for 5 days.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:32 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
C350e
Originally Posted by JIMSHANN
Thanks for that. It's really helpful.

I've only done 250kms and all in the city, so, have no idea what the car is like beyond 60kmh.

Up to now, I'm extremely happy.

I'm a little worried about the 19" run flats fitted to this car.

My dealer says it would take 2 to 3 days to get a replacement tyre, if not in a major city. That would ruin my Christmas since we are only travelling for 5 days.
The 19" might be an issue but i am hope the airmatic (is standard in the Netherlands) will help.
I have the standard 17" so i can't judge that
Old 12-19-2016, 12:53 AM

I can only guess that the AMG 19" wheels, that are fitted as standard are an aesthetic thing. They certainly don't add to the comfort. The tyres are 35 profile and look too low for my liking.
I'll certainly find out in the next few days!

ps Airmatic is "standard" here.