C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Hello all!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes AMG Line Class Class c250
Hello all!

Hi Guys,

I got my new (well 2 years old, 16k miles on the clock) c250 AMG LINE C-class in White. Absolutely love it! Pics to follow!

The only things I'm doing are getting a nice bootliner fitted (very important, especially if you're a golfer) and getting the roof done in black.

Given the age the car is still in warranty. I got it off a friend who got it from a dealer and the dealer has in fact facilitated the plate transfer etc for us.

Apparently the C-class can have problems with the steering wheel, though?

When i originally test drove the car a few weeks ago you could hear a little squeeling / rubbing noise when I turned the wheel. This noise has gone away but apparently this problem is intermittant. The dealer is going to fix this for me anytime i want to leave it in. The previous owner had arranged it already for me. The dealer said they have fixed quite a few with the same problem and mentioned a washer or something as causing the problem. Either way, it'll be done by Mercedes under warranty. No issue. Has anyone else had this?

My other potential problem is, though, that the past few days (quite cold mornings), when i've initially turned the ignition on there has been a "chopping" noise. Like it's strugglling to warm up. It took a further try on two occasions to get it started (started fine on second try). Nothing major but obviously for such a fresh car i shouldn't have that. Any idea what that might be folks? I obviously want it to be perfect!

As above, pics to follow. Roof to be black on Wednesday and i'll be putting 4 fresh tyres on her so it'll be like new but obviously want it to run like new too
Old 02-14-2017, 07:12 AM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
Suggest having the battery fully charged to start with and see if the issue remains.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes AMG Line Class Class c250
Originally Posted by Shadwell
Suggest having the battery fully charged to start with and see if the issue remains.
No problem.

My mechanic tells me it might just be heater plugs. Fingers crossed it's something simple.