C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Torn between a White and Grey C300..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2017 | 08:18 PM

2017 C300 4MATIC
I hear you guys on the black... I had a black Mustang GT when I was younger and that will likely be the last black car that I own. I could not stand how dirty that thing became within a couple days time ... when clean, however, they look sharp.
Old 02-19-2017 | 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
I've had two black S Classes and while I loved them for how sinister they looked I was their slave. Then I had a Pewter S430 (similar to Palladium) and while the exterior was a breeze it had what had to be the lightest beige interior ever made (Stone) so I was a slave again. It had this soft felt fabric on the lower doors that could not be cleaned without staining. Carpeting, door seals, every bit of the upholstery was creme colored and showed EVERYTHING.

For the C, I ordered Palladium, and of course the lower half of the interior is black. Freedom!
Old 02-20-2017 | 11:39 AM

2017 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Mike5215
I've had two black S Classes and while I loved them for how sinister they looked I was their slave. Then I had a Pewter S430 (similar to Palladium) and while the exterior was a breeze it had what had to be the lightest beige interior ever made (Stone) so I was a slave again. It had this soft felt fabric on the lower doors that could not be cleaned without staining. Carpeting, door seals, every bit of the upholstery was creme colored and showed EVERYTHING.

For the C, I ordered Palladium, and of course the lower half of the interior is black. Freedom!
Palladium is a great color. I really do like the polar white, palladium silver, and selenite grey.
Old 02-21-2017 | 11:18 PM

2017 C300 4MATIC
The non Burmester (Audio 20) is really, really cheap and cheap sounding. Like transistor AM radio cheap if you remember those. Four 4" midrange speakers, one small woofer in the footwell, no tweeters. The Burmester is no prize but at least you have some equipment to work with (two 8" footwell subs, four tweeters, center and surround speakers (plus the four 4" mids from the A20)

For a grand, I'd replace the front door speakers with coaxials (so you get tweeters) and do a sub/amp in the trunk. You could probably squeak by at $1k if the sub wasn't crazy. An infinity BassLink would do the trick (around $400) and a set of MTX Thunder 40's ($80). Or the Focal KRS100 2 way components for better door speakers ($700 new, sometimes on eBay for $350)
The white C300 just came in today. I had them pull it up next to the selenite grey C300 ... I played the same exact song, in both vehicles, within a couple of minutes of each other and I completely agree. The stock system just falls flat.
Old 02-22-2017 | 01:40 AM

E350
Originally Posted by Rhino Wilson
The white C300 just came in today. I had them pull it up next to the selenite grey C300 ... I played the same exact song, in both vehicles, within a couple of minutes of each other and I completely agree. The stock system just falls flat.

did you look at the other dealerships around the area for a c450 or c400 so it's optioned out more. I've seen quite a few lease returns fully packaged out in the low 40s high 30k range.

like everyone mentioned these cars are great as long as you have it packaged well. Try looking around its gonna be end of February and most sales guys wanna meet quota so you can find a better deals soon.
Old 02-22-2017 | 08:55 AM

2017 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Yeezus
did you look at the other dealerships around the area for a c450 or c400 so it's optioned out more. I've seen quite a few lease returns fully packaged out in the low 40s high 30k range.

like everyone mentioned these cars are great as long as you have it packaged well. Try looking around its gonna be end of February and most sales guys wanna meet quota so you can find a better deals soon.
Oddly enough.. No luck here. Benz as a whole seem to be a bit of a rarity in my city, but there are plenty of BMW's.

I can definitely see the point in wanting this class packaged well. I sat in a cheaper base model C300 as my first comparison on the stock sound system, but even that car felt entirely different from the 51k grey C300 that I had already been in (the same one that I had mentioned here). The premium packages play a huge part, but the sport package (for me) was even more important ... the seats/trim, suspension, and even the steering wheel all felt much better.

I really can't decide which car I feel looks the best.. The white isn't as optioned out as the grey, but with the few Benz that I do see in town, almost all seem to be white or black. However, the white does look great with the , panorama roof, sport+night package and its black accents. The grey looks great in its own right and I have always loved the way that light hits metallic paint. Either way, I should be taking one of these home today.

Last edited by Rhino Wilson; 02-22-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2017 | 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
The base car had a definite rental car vibe, between the faux leather (and the lack of leather scent) the black plastic center stack, the round steering wheel, the black speaker grilles, the dinky media screen that was mostly bezel, the accompanying low res graphics, etc. Clearly not all C's are created equal.

Honestly, in terms of objective audio quality, the stuff that comprises the Burmester should have been in the standard audio package, and there should have been an optional upgraded system (like the E and S have).

Personally I'd let equipment and options drive the decision more than color, presuming neither color was really objectionable. My C is Palladium (close to Selenite with a more gold tint.) [

Torn between a White and Grey C300..-photo798.jpg

Good looking color and doesn't show dirt.
Old 02-22-2017 | 01:49 PM

2017 C300 4MATIC
The base car had a definite rental car vibe, between the faux leather (and the lack of leather scent) the black plastic center stack, the round steering wheel, the black speaker grilles, the dinky media screen that was mostly bezel, the accompanying low res graphics, etc. Clearly not all C's are created equal.

Honestly, in terms of objective audio quality, the stuff that comprises the Burmester should have been in the standard audio package, and there should have been an optional upgraded system (like the E and S have).

Personally I'd let equipment and options drive the decision more than color, presuming neither color was really objectionable. My C is Palladium (close to Selenite with a more gold tint.) [

Attachment 349585

Good looking color and doesn't show dirt.
I completely agree to all. Your car looks great.
Old 02-22-2017 | 06:51 PM

C250 with AMG bits n peices
White is a must lots of upkeep but so worth it!!!
Old 02-22-2017 | 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Originally Posted by Rhino Wilson
I completely agree to all. Your car looks great.
Thanks. After it got rear-ended last year I put a C63 rear diffuser/quad tips and some replica W204 C63 wheels on it. It's at the shop getting a carbon fiber front splitter. Great little car.
Old 02-22-2017 | 09:38 PM

2017 C300 4MATIC
I had the white and the grey sitting side-by-side. I did extended test drives on both and found that the stock sound system was pretty bad... and, on top of that, I fell in love with the metallic grey. So, long story short, I now have a grey C300 sitting in my garage.
Old 02-22-2017 | 10:10 PM

24 X7 and 23 XC90
Nice, Grey is a great color. I just had a grey loaner and own a polar white C43. I was telling my wife I should have gotten grey.....But then I picked up my white C43
Old 02-24-2017 | 10:16 AM

2017 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Dd1101
Nice, Grey is a great color. I just had a grey loaner and own a polar white C43. I was telling my wife I should have gotten grey.....But then I picked up my white C43
The metallic grey is great and pictures just don't do it justice ... but, honestly, I don't really feel that you can go wrong with either.