C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Turning off Eco Start/Stop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300
Turning off Eco Start/Stop

Am I the only one having trouble turning off the eco start/stop?

Even when I go into agility select settings and have it turned OFF for every single one of my agility modes, it still turns on when I stop the car. Only sports+ does it have it off (but I think thats standard).

What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-03-2017, 02:48 AM

Received 106 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
You're doing nothing wrong. That's the way it's designed. Only Sport+ and Individual (if set) has it off.

There's a bit parameter in the engine ECU which allows configuration to remember the agility drive mode. It's either a) remembered for 4 hours after engine off, b)default back to comfort after each ignition cycled, or c)to remember permanently. The setting is market/region dependent and can only be adjusted with special software tools (e.g. Vediamo). In the US market the setting is for the ECU to default back to comfort.

Engine ECU is locked (protected by a key algorithm) by the way, so even if you have a mux and Vediamo AND know what you're doing, then it's still not straight forward. There are some after market add-ons that disable the eco/ start stop (including from Brabus) but all come at added cost. Best to learn just to keep pressing that button to turn off.
The following users liked this post:
shadownddust (03-06-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by DBOC205
You're doing nothing wrong. That's the way it's designed. Only Sport+ and Individual (if set) has it off.

There's a bit parameter in the engine ECU which allows configuration to remember the agility drive mode. It's either a) remembered for 4 hours after engine off, b)default back to comfort after each ignition cycled, or c)to remember permanently. The setting is market/region dependent and can only be adjusted with special software tools (e.g. Vediamo). In the US market the setting is for the ECU to default back to comfort.

Engine ECU is locked (protected by a key algorithm) by the way, so even if you have a mux and Vediamo AND know what you're doing, then it's still not straight forward. There are some after market add-ons that disable the eco/ start stop (including from Brabus) but all come at added cost. Best to learn just to keep pressing that button to turn off.
Yes, it is added cost, but worth every penny IMO...
Old 03-03-2017, 05:50 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
After opening the center console to install the 12inch LCD, my auto start/stop doesn't turn off the engine anymore. I think I touched one of the switch/wire there. i'm seriously thinking about reopening the console again to fix that. That feature was invented to save gas, and I personally think it's a waste to be idle at traffic light.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by huyuci
After opening the center console to install the 12inch LCD, my auto start/stop doesn't turn off the engine anymore. I think I touched one of the switch/wire there. i'm seriously thinking about reopening the console again to fix that. That feature was invented to save gas, and I personally think it's a waste to be idle at traffic light.
Then they should have put the A/C on battery power. Down here in Florida, you start sweating ten seconds after the engine shuts down. So it's not a waste of gas, it keeps me from sweating at every light...
Old 03-03-2017, 06:29 PM

Received 106 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
I don't know why the hell MB had to put three modes onto the Agility Select revert logic anyway. Just have it so that the system remembers the last mode for Christ's sake. That way everyone gets their way.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C300
Originally Posted by DBOC205
I don't know why the hell MB had to put three modes onto the Agility Select revert logic anyway. Just have it so that the system remembers the last mode for Christ's sake. That way everyone gets their way.
It is to appease countries with strict emission regulations.